Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BIG break for USA, I thought it looked in, still 2-1

gotta keep up, Brazil is knocking at the door

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pretty shocking that the USA is about to actually win something for soccer. Perhaps this will get the US excited for their team in the World Cup.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The 2-0 win over the best team in the world should have got them excited lol

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It did for me, but a win over the best team and then a hell of a team in Brazil gets me more excited lol.

Howard is a beast.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nothing Howard could do about that one...

Howard has been a beast. He made a great save, even greater now with the goal, on Fabiano before.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They played such a great first half, they are going into a shell now. They can't just let Brazil take the game. Their starting to rush passes and with that comes mistakes.

When you're coming up the midfield and there's no one in front of you, don't stop and send it forward. You gotta take it up, draw some defenders, and find the open man.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You have to keep in mind this is the team, Brazil, with the most World Cups and about to become the only team to win three Confederation Cups.

What the US needs to work on is patience and possession of the ball. You can't just start chucking the ball up there and hope one falls down to you. Also, their passing could use work. They rush passes and don't make the right ones. The "pass" from Dempsey that led to the last corner was pretty bad. I love Clint but if you have a guy breaking towards the wing, you gotta put that pass in front of him, not behind him.

Knutsi23

Reaction score
Just as I thought, Brazil snuck back and won on 3 goals in the second half. Man that's disappointing! :(

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Well where should I start.....

Great first half, great confidence and pressure kept on the Brazilians. I was shocked when I saw that 2nd goal. Then Brazil really took it to us and we hung in there.

The 2nd half not so good. Possession of the ball was horrible, we couldnt keep a consistent flow going. I felt Bradley put in the subs at the wrong time. Right before the 2nd goal I was thinking "man Brazil is really stretching us right now, we need some fresh legs." But nothing, after the 2nd goal he puts them in and it was too late. The subs who went in played poorly which didnt help either. Idk what his name was, started with a K, but his passing was horrible. For some reason I didnt like how Clark played as well.

Howard was just outstanding, Donovan was really good as well. I wouldve liked to see Altidore get more touches, but thats just how it goes. Although we lost, this is a huge confidence booster that we can play with the best teams in the world, but we must move forward and continue to progress. Dempsey was very good as well, for some reason we need that other midfielder who can play alongside Dempsey and we should be good.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
that was an embarrassing loss today from what i heard. lol

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I`m soo pissed we lost. I didn`t see all the goals, but saw we were up 2-1 and in the 70th minute, and was getting excited, than Brazil/Brasil decides to rip victory right out from under us. Still one hell of a run for us. Tim Howard is a beast of a goalie, who just had some unlucky breaks.

EL12

Reaction score
wow really big respect to team USA for this kind of intrigue in final against Brazil... and dont get mad , USA soccer is in good direction... its just brazil is best in the world...

Lake Louise

Reaction score
It be nice to see USA get back into the Final next year, and not just be a one year thing. Although, people will be on the lookout for them next time i`m sure. They definately gained respect around the country, and maybe respect from other countries as well. Except for maybe Brasil. When they heard they were going to be playing USA, they laughed. Hopefully we showed them we aren`t someone to look past.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I hate how all these analysts say that now other countries wont overlook USA and take them more seriously. That already happened!!! Can someone please remember 2002 World Cup made it to the quarter finals??

I mean we only beat Portugal and Mexico....

Teams have already noticed us and this doesnt come as a surprise to other teams. Other countries already take us seriously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%