Staff Evaluations

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
about:
Staff Evaluations are a new, open forum and no hold barred system devised for SI's Members to give their honest assessment of our Staff...and get everything off their chest. I encourage every Member to take part in this and give an honest assessment. I want no grudges to affect evaluations, nor do I want any ass-kissing or brown-nosing. Members will not be penalized or treated differently for anything they say that is adverse or unfavorable towards a staff member. As long as everyone is being honest...this should be very helpful.

How it Works:
Give each staff Member a rating of 1-10, 10 is the high mark. Also give a brief statement regarding your rating. Staff need to be rated on leadership, visibility, availability, how helpful, posting, relevance to their section/specific responsibility, and handling negative actions around the site. If you don't post enough in a certain section to know better...then just don't rate the staff member. Do the best you can.

I plan to do these every month for as long as necessary. Evaluations will be used in making improvement and/or necessary changes to the Staff. Staff Members are allowed to evaluate other Staff Members; however, they are not permitted to reply to the posts/comments given about them. No pissing matches and I only want to see evaluation forms posted in this thread. I will delete unnecessary shit and give out warnings for those who just can't stay on topic.

Evaluate the Following:
RipCity32, Admin:

Big Bid'Ness, Admin:

AE, Admin:

Pugz, G-Mod:

DJT, G-Mod:

$tunna, NBA Mod:

DannyBro, NFL Mod:

PTT81, MLB Mod:

Zach, NHL Mod:

Mooche, Other Sports Mod:

FPS, Gaming Mod:

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Wait, wait, wait. ...Why will we be posting these in here?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wait, wait, wait. ...Why will we be posting these in here?
Why not? This is business...nothing will should be taken personally. Total amnesty...as long as shit doesn't get outta hand and is blatantly personal.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
You expect them not to get out of hand? Look at how the last month has gone, unless we PM these it's gonna go to hell.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
ugh i've never liked doing these, but always end up doing one anyway.

Administration: 9 - I got no problem with Rip, Bidness or AE. They've all been great. Whether or not they are visible on the site 24/7 and posting 200 times a day doesn't really matter that much. People ask questions, they answer them in a timely and mature manner. If issues arise, they are on it immediately, and explain thoroughly what happened. They aren't a "one strike, f you" kind of staff. They give out fair warnings when necessary and follow up on those warnings. They keep the website functioning and are always looking to make new changes. They experiment with things -- you can't ask for more out of them.

Pugz, G-Mod: 8.5 - I see Pugz around all the time. He's always talking to members about their personal issues -- and thats only if a member just mentions their issue, he offers up his advice and lets them know they can talk to him if they need to. He's always out there trying to help. He keeps a funny, common side to him but isn't afraid to lay down the law. He posts more than enough, and is an established member. We all know him and we trust him, and thats an absolutely critical thing for a global moderator. Trust is so key. My only real beef is sometimes there will be an argument in a thread, and it goes on, and on, and I'll glance at the bottom of the thread and notice he is Viewing, and he does stop the issue but I feel like sometimes it's a little too late.

DJT, G-Mod: 8 - Very similar to Pugz's rating. I'm not on here extremely often and when I'm on I don't always see you -- but when I do see you, and that is just a luck problem because we're not always on at the same time, you are extremely knowledgeable in all respective sports. And when you're thrown off on something in a sport that may not be your "stronger" area, you take your time to look over the facts and such. You learn from the arguments and use that to your advantage.

$tunna, NBA Mod: --

DannyBro, NFL Mod: 9 - been very solid in the NFL section thus far. You've taken care of arguments, closed topics when necessary, pinned topics that were meant to be pinned. You've done an excellent job of posting breaking news for all the division forums, being very active in the gameday discussions, and working to keep the activity in the NFL section good.

PTT81, MLB Mod: 6 - I'm not gonna clobber you. I give you a 6 which is slightly above average still; I honestly cannot make a really good rating because it's the offseason -- but when the offseason was at it's height of the free agent signing you did a great job merging double topics, making sure mediocre transactions were posted in division forums and the big transactions were posted in the general discussion area. My only real knock is that since the big free agents have been signed the mlb section has been not as active. It's tough, I know -- in any sport the offseason FOLLOWING the signing period can be tough. But people have always told me two things:
-- Quality over Quantity
-- Recruit

Quality over Quantity is a huge one, and it's something I feel you need to work on. You try your best to post news stories, news updates, etc. in the division forums but you simply quote a source and give the link. My suggestion to you is after you make the quote, give an opinion -- try to stir up the conversation and start a nice little argument.
The recruitment part is basically just keep spreading word of the forum. Mention it to friends, link a good mlb discussion to a twitter post or just post the site's url as your AIM status or w/e.

Zach, NHL Mod: ---

Mooche, Other Sports Mod: ---

FPS, Gaming Mod: ---

The final 3 I did not give a grade to because I am rarely in those sections.

I didn't give $tunna a rating because even though I've been in the NBA section much more than usual in the last month, I'm still not in their enough to give a solid grade.

I've never been real fancy on giving evaluations because sometimes it doesn't end well. But I hope my ratings help you guys realize where you can improve.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
You expect them not to get out of hand? Look at how the last month has gone, unless we PM these it's gonna go to hell.
and that will set up my simple remark to anyone thinking of making an evaluation:

IF YOU GIVE A LOW GRADE, JUST SIMPLY GIVE SUGGESTIONS ON HOW THE STAFF MEMBER CAN IMPROVE. DO NOT BELITTLE THEM OR INSULT THEM OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. JUST SIMPLE GIVE A SUGGESTION. WHEN GIVING A HIGH GRADE, MENTION WHERE THEY CAN IMPROVE BUT ALSO JUST COMPLIMENT THEIR WORK.

Just an idea to give people a clear path to making their evaluation without being afraid of their post being viewed as an argument starter.

And as AE said, anything unnecessary in this thread will be deleted and members will be warned -- if they continue, further action will be taken.

It's pretty simple.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm willing to take the risk. I gave specific instructions...post evaluations only, no bullshitting, no comments on what others are saying.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Admins: 9 -- I'm grouping the admins into one category because I believe site changes are voted on so everyone has a say/hand in it. Therefore, I like the changes and we're going in the right direction..hence the good grade.

G-Mods: 8 -- Same as admins in that I'm grouping you together. Everytime I'm on, I've seen you guys around so the activity/patrol is there. Also, you both tend to post more often in the section I don't frequent (NBA) so I wouldn't be able to knock you guys there anyway.

$tunna, NBA Mod: As I don't really post often in the NBA section, I can't give stunna a proper grade.

DannyBro, NFL Mod: 7.5 -- Been here a little more often then in the past and there seems to be a lot of discussion going on. Danny has come up with and fueled good debates so he's gotta be doing something right/

PTT81, MLB Mod: 6.5 -- GMF brought up that the activity in the MLB section has calmed a little but, in that same respect, once the big free agents go, only the die-hards are still around. And at the beginning of FA he was on top of things and immersed in the discussion.

Zach, NHL Mod: 6 -- much like PTT, Zach has tried to spice up the section a bit but, really, it's just the die-hards to talk about every day happenings during the season. So he's not solely to blame for not "spicing things up"

Mooche, Other Sports Mod: Soccer is non-existant, outside of a select few, and I don't follow anything else in other sports so I can't say anything other than keep Mooche around..he's cool (outside of being a Colts fan) haha

FPS, Gaming Mod: Same as the other forums I'm not a usual visitor of but it seems that activity has picked up a bit there. So that should be taken into account.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
RipCity32, Admin 10:
Very active with posting which is a good thing and we need all the activity we can. Also a big help with any questions. And talks to members when ever they need help or anything.
Big Bid'Ness, Admin 9.5:
SMH and Same with Rip.
AE, Admin 7.5:
Amazing help as long as we don't see him a lot in the Community thread. I see him posting everywhere and giving his opinion and I always go to this man when I have a problem. You think you are a VERY big powerhouse.
Pugz, G-Mod 5.5:
It is low but G-Mod just isn't fitting. I only see him posting in the lounge, GFX and Sim leagues. I think it should be a little more active in the SPORTS parts.
DJT, G-Mod 9:
I always see this man trying to start conversations and is a great poster around the bored. Maybe could post around the GFX section and help around there nothing big though since this isn't a GFX site.
$tunna, NBA Mod 9.5:
Great Basketball poster and posts a lot of small or big things that happen.
DannyBro, NFL Mod 9.5:
Great with posting new threads nearly everyday and gets people to chat about football.
PTT81, MLB Mod 5:
He really didn't post anything about the FA's getting signed and wasn't active.
Zach, NHL Mod:
??????????
???????????
FPS, Gaming Mod:
I see him post sometimes but the gaming thread really isn't active.

PLEASE DON'T GET MAD THIS IS JUST BASED OFF WHAT I SEE AND HOW THINGS ARE.

EDITED SORRY AE

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
Guys, be critical on me please. I can handle it, and I want to know what you guys think I should do to improve

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RipCity32, Admin: 10 Stays on top of things, always posted around the boards.

Big Bid'Ness, Admin: 10 Always starting the SNDs, posting articles, etc. Pretty much active everywhere.

AE, Admin: 10 Making a lot of significant changes in his return. And I like it.

Pugz, G-Mod: 7 Pugz is usually active but I think he needs to be a bit more active as in posting topics. And he should be stepping in when things get rough.

DJT, G-Mod: 10 Very active everywhere around the forums and does what he has to do.

$tunna, NBA Mod: 10 NBA section is always active so there's nothing else to say.

DannyBro, NFL Mod: 10 Seems like the NFL section has been active as well.

PTT81, MLB Mod: 8 Good for the off-season, could do a bit more to anticipate the season though, like polls, etc.

Zach, NHL Mod: 7 NHL forums are hard to be a mod of but I don't see him starting too much discussion. Like post polls and questions.

Mooche, Other Sports Mod: 7 The section could have more activity.

FPS, Gaming Mod: 5 I don't know, I don't see him posting enough. Discussion wise and all. I don't know if gaming is the best forum for him to mod. I know how good of a mod he can be because he was great with MLB but gaming hasn't been too great.

Oiler35

Reaction score
RipCity32, Admin: 9.5
Sal, if you're reading this, you do a hell of a job on these forums. You actually run the forums the way they should be ran, and don't try to change them to what other forums have. You know it's been up for 5 years, and "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." The only thing, maybe be a bit more strict on things.

Big Bid'Ness, Admin: 8
A few too many worthless posts, such as SMH (I mean, we all do this) but still, lead by example.

AE, Admin: 7.5
Doing a pretty good job running the site since the absence of Jarrod, the only thing, maybe be a bit more strict on things.

Pugz, G-Mod: 9
You do a great job. Again, a few situations where you feed the problem instead of fix it, but still.

DJT, G-Mod: 7
I rarely see you post, except in the NBA section, and in the CT/ SND threads. Branch out a bit! You're a GLOBAL-Mod.

$tunna, NBA Mod: No idea. I'm rarely in the NBA section.

DannyBro, NFL Mod: 8-9.
Great job brining activity, but needs to close threads faster when outbreaks arise.

PTT81, MLB Mod: 6-7.
Off-season is a real bitch, but you need to post some opinion threads. Like, where do you see insertfreeagent'snamehere going?

Zach, NHL Mod: 6-7
Activity, atleast in the NHL part of the forums has been a real bitch for a long time. So really, it's not your fault. You try, but it's just not going anywhere.

Mooche, Other Sports Mod: 9
Solid job posting some good threads, getting some good College Football threads together, just a good job all around Kristian.

FPS, Gaming Mod: 9
Yeah, 9. It's a real pain in the ass being a gaming mod, but I think you've done a great job adding some great activity to the gaming section.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Admins: 10, you guys have been doing a great job in handling things the right way and since AE has been back there have been a lot of changes and they were for the better IMO.

G-Mods: 9, you guys do a good job, nothing to really elaborate on, and I've seen you both go into threads that were getting a bit out of hand and ask people (without calling them out) to calm it down a bit.

$tunna, NBA Mod:
8, the NBA section is always active with discussion and that's all someone can ask for. There usually aren't any problems in there that you need to deal with which is a good thing.

DannyBro, NFL Mod: 9, you come up with a lot of good threads that spark good discussion and the NFL section has been active throughout the season.

PTT81, MLB Mod: 7, it's this way on every board. Baseball doesn't get a lot of love on any of the sites and it's not the mods fault, there just isn't a lot of interest in it as people always like football and basketball more. You don't really have a lot to work with now that everything major in the off-season is over and done with but it would be nice to see some more discussion threads that don't revolve around news. Come up with a thread like I made back in the day where you put together two teams where you think they have similar skill levels at each position and ask people to vote on whichever they think is better.

Zach, NHL Mod: Can't give a proper grade as I don't think I've ever posted there and I have that section minimized.

Mooche, Other Sports Mod: Same thing I said for hockey.

FPS, Gaming Mod: Don't spend enough time there but from what I can tell he hasn't been around that much in there.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ill add mine in later

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Admins: 10 You guys have been doing a good job running the site lately. All of you guys have been active around the forums and that is really important. I'd like to see BB, get into debates though :p.

Pugz: 7 G-Mod: Been kinda up and down with the activity. I'd like to see him branch out a bit

DJT, G-Mod: 8, he's been one of the most active members here lately. He's does a great job trying to post in every section of the boards too.

$tunna, NBA Mod: 8, good NBA mod. He does a great job keeping the NBA section real active. I always see him get into a lot of discussions

DannyBro, NFL Mod: I don't post much in the NFL section but it seems pretty active. I always see him post a lot of topics and stuff.

PTT81, MLB Mod: 7, can't blame ya for the lack of activity around the MLB section lately. The off season has slowed down a bit. I see you trying though

Zach, NHL Mod: 6, activity in the NHL area needs to pick up a bit. I'd like to see you post some more topics.

FPS, Gaming Mod:

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RipCity32, Admin: 9.5. Always seems to be on. Posts a lot. Takes responsibility of the site. Good all around job.

Big Bid'Ness, Admin: 9.5. Also is always on. Posts quite a bit, even though usually its SMH. Very good job.

AE, Admin: 10. Really has been trying to pick this site up and take it above and beyond. Enforces rules very well. Active poster. Good stuff.

Pugz, G-Mod: 9. Very active. Posts pretty much everywhere. Sometimes you get a lil too involved in some of the bashes. But I think your getting better at that.

$tunna, NBA Mod: 9. The NBA is a very active part of this forum. He does a good job at keeping things going, and finding stuff for people to post on.

DannyBro, NFL Mod: 9. NFL is also active. Provides good topics and discussions. Doing a good job.

PTT81, MLB Mod: 8. MLB is a little slow right now, but thats normal due to the offseason. Maybe try some of the ideas everyone else has said to up the activity a bit more.

Zach, NHL Mod: 7. Your activity has been down lately, but you have said why. Keep just trying to find articles to post. Also you have a lot with the NFL Sim league. Hope you can get more active members to join that.

Mooche, Other Sports Mod: 8. Does a good job at posting. College football has been pretty active. Does a good job at trying to keep things going.

FPS, Gaming Mod: 8. Also does a good job posting. Posts a lot, and spread out. The gaming section isn't too active. But I think your doing a good job at trying to keep it a float. Maybe trying to post more articles on games that are coming out or whatever.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
can i just agree with dell on these? other than the fps and zach spots i feel id say about the same as him.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RipCity32, Admin: 9

Big Bid'Ness, Admin: 7 - just a figure head and doesn't do anything but spam and copy and paste articles

AE, Admin: 3 - power hungry

Pugz, G-Mod: 8

DJT, G-Mod: 4 - didn't know he was a g-mod, haven't seen him do anything

$tunna, NBA Mod: 5 - copy and pasting articles does not a good mod make

DannyBro, NFL Mod: 5 - who?

PTT81, MLB Mod: 5 - who?

Zach, NHL Mod: 5 - who?

Mooche, Other Sports Mod: n/a don't see anything at all

FPS, Gaming Mod: n/a - not much to do in that section giving someone the mod spot is just a nice gesture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%