sg8nine's Power Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
What QB do they have? Defense, other than Asomugha? Exactly. They have pretty much no team.

Sanchez is only going to get better, and they made quite a few off-season acquisitions, which I believe will make them better.

The Cardinals are stacked at WR, which will make Leinart's job easier. However, may I remind you: Leinart DID win the Heisman in his Senior year at USC, even with Reggie Bush on the team.

The Browns aren't that bad of a team. They were just under .500 last year. No doubt, their not in the top tier of the league, but they're defiantly better than Detroit, Carolina, and Washington.

Adrian Peterson, and a great defensive line that will generate pressure and a mediocre- good secondary. With up-and-coming wide receivers, I think they might do really good this year.
OK, first things first. Oaklands' defense gave up a little more than New Orleans defense in yards-per-game. They had a better overall defense than 12 other teams including the Titans, Giants, and Dolphins. Where they do suck is turnovers on defense finishing nearly dead last in interceptions.

Sanchez is gonna get better? Or you think he will? The thing is, he doesn't really have to. That defense is God like and he still has a running game.

As much respect as I have for the Browns, no way in hell are they better than Carolina and the 'Niners'

Also, Denver at 15? Are you <Censored>ting me?

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Completely agree ^ That's how it is in every sport.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yea, thats why I think its soooo stupid when people say something like "Are they now the team to beat?"

No, the previous championship winner is the team to beat because they have what you want.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't necessarily agree with that statement, like if the best player or two leaves from the team that won the championship then they aren't #1. Like the Bulls after they won their last championship with MJ...not #1 But the Saints didn't lose anyone big, so they are still #1.

Oiler35

Reaction score
For everyone that believes the Colts shouldn't be first, Pat Kirwan agrees with me.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8184857e&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
he's not giving rankings there...he's putting them in tiers...dumbass.

btw, I agree with DH here.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I don't see how the Colts are the better team... Both have great offenses and both defenses are generally suspect at times. If I had to pick a team that I liked both offensively and defensively it would have to be the San Diego Chargers.

Mooche

Reaction score
What QB do they have? Defense, other than Asomugha? Exactly. They have pretty much no team.

Sanchez is only going to get better, and they made quite a few off-season acquisitions, which I believe will make them better.

The Cardinals are stacked at WR, which will make Leinart's job easier. However, may I remind you: Leinart DID win the Heisman in his Senior year at USC, even with Reggie Bush on the team.

The Browns aren't that bad of a team. They were just under .500 last year. No doubt, their not in the top tier of the league, but they're defiantly better than Detroit, Carolina, and Washington.

Bruce Gradkowski actually was playing relatively well during the mid-season stretch for the Raiders, but the injury forced him to watch the rest of the season, while JaMarcus sat in the pocket and made mistakes. He might not be great, but he is going to be no worse than average. The defense is actually being sured up quite fast, in fact. Rolondo McClain might be one of the most pro-ready players out of the Draft this year, as well, players like Seymour and Asomugha are great anchors for the future. They won't be very good by any means, but they aren't going to end up selecting first overall when next April rolls around.

Sanchez in the N.Y market was blown up, like very few last year. He made enough throws to win games, but in the end, they lost a LARGE piece of that offense by losing Thomas Jones. LT, Jason Taylor, etc. are moves that may have some sort of impact but in all reality, will not have long term sustainability.

What was the excuse in his career when Warner was out, when he add Boldin (a better overall core than this season) and still continued to struggle? This is not college. This is the NFL. Matt Leinart has to step up this season, or he will find his to the bench and will be watching Derek Anderson.

The Browns are not as good as the teams I listed. Jake Delhomme is absolutely awful, you can watch the amount of times he struggled over the past few seasons and just shake your head. He had perhaps one of the most lethal running attacks in the league (which defenses had to prepare for) and a top wide-out in Steve Smith, but again, looked terrible. He now steps into a situation with minimal targets to say the least (Mohammed in my opinion is another year away from busting out) and a possible decent running game, but nothing like he had in Carolina. On defense, they have added some pieces, but trading away players like Wimbley do not make total sense. The Browns still have a few solid years of adding pieces on offense, finding a franchise quarterback (maybe Colt. :D) and solidifying a defense to do. The management has to be darn good and make smart decisions if they want to be fighting for the playoffs in my opinion in a few years time.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Browns are not as good as the teams I listed. Jake Delhomme is absolutely awful, you can watch the amount of times he struggled over the past few seasons and just shake your head. He had perhaps one of the most lethal running attacks in the league (which defenses had to prepare for) and a top wide-out in Steve Smith, but again, looked terrible. He now steps into a situation with minimal targets to say the least (Mohammed in my opinion is another year away from busting out) and a possible decent running game, but nothing like he had in Carolina. On defense, they have added some pieces, but trading away players like Wimbley do not make total sense. The Browns still have a few solid years of adding pieces on offense, finding a franchise quarterback (maybe Colt. :D) and solidifying a defense to do. The management has to be darn good and make smart decisions if they want to be fighting for the playoffs in my opinion in a few years time.
Last year was really Delhomme's only bad year of his career.. Not saying he's going to be anything special but I don't expect him to be as bad as he was last year. We do have some good targets, they just need to develop more this year and show consistency. Massaquoi I think will have a solid year, not a true #1 WR but he will have to be one this year, I see him being a pretty good #2 WR down the line. Brian Robiskie should see the field more, and he has great hands, hopefully he can make an impact. Also Ben Watson will also see more balls thrown his way and could have a break out year because he'll get more chances without Moss-Welker on his team. And the defense is definitely improved from last year. Kamerion Wimbley isn't much of a loss, he had a great rookie year, and hasn't done anything since then. Added Sheldon Brown and Joe Haden to go with Eric Wright in the secondary which is a huge improvement over last year. Added a couple linebackers as well..

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He did put them ahead of the Saints still, and it does say rankings... dumbass.
I can see this thread being closed soon if this continues on...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chill out fellas. Don't wanna close this up.

Mooche

Reaction score
Who cares? Sanders is the most overrated player on that team, hell he's the most overrated player in that division.
Missed this. I'll just ask you to go and read articles on the Colts in 2006 while Bob Sanders was injured, about us getting torn up by the Jags (Taylor and MJD) and about how the defense will cost us truly in the end. Then watch the playoffs, how the Colts smothered the opposition trying to the run the football. Hell, the Colts <Censored>ed out one of the most physical teams in the league in the Ravens, at their place. It was the return of Bob Sanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%