Project your teams record for next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Carson Palmer? ROTFLMAO. And why is Eli the only starting QB in the division with a ring then? He is one of, if not the best big game QB in the league and I wouldn't take any over him. And the only QB of the "big 3 QB's" of 03 with a ring.
"Quarterbacks don't win championship's, team's do." Fran Tarkenton

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I'm going to go for a long shot here and say the Lions will go 7-9 or 8-8. I'm probably a long ways off, but that's just wishful thinking. I do feel they will finish ahead of the Bears in the NFC North too.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, the Chiefs are currently undefeated.

As a non-Giants fan, here's what I have to say about Eli:

I'm a huge Eli hater. I don't like the way he plays, and I don't think he's that great.

But when you draft a QB, what do you draft him for? To go to 7 pro bowls? Or to win a superbowl? Yes, Eli had a fantastic defense. Yes, Eli had a fantastic running game. But what has he accomplished that many have not? He has won a superbowl.

I on any given day have him from 9-12, but putting him in the top 10 wouldn't make someone a homer.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Yanks, Trent Dilfer too won a SuperBowl, behind his defense.

Brad Johnson won a SuperBowl, behind his defense.

You don't have to be a great quarterback to have a ring.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's very true... But when you draft a QB, or any player for that matter, isn't the ultimate goal to win a superbowl?

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I think the Giants can go 10-6. I really like our offense a lot and I think with the return of Kenny Phillips at the safety position we have a lot of depth. We are weak at our LB spots, so we will have to wait and see what happens.

Mooche

Reaction score
LOL. I wouldn't take any QB's over Eli Manning... take off the homer shades.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
That's very true... But when you draft a QB, or any player for that matter, isn't the ultimate goal to win a superbowl?
That's everyone's goal, I don't see how that's relevant.

Also forgot to add Jim McMahon, while he had a great SuperBowl, he was a God awful QB.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
LOL. I wouldn't take any QB's over Eli Manning... take off the homer shades.
Who would take Eli maybe over J.P Losman or Jake Delhomme, but that's about it.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So is Terry Bradshaw a failure of a QB? He was only a 3 time pro bowl QB, isn't anywhere near relevant in any statistical category either historically or in his era, but yet he is widely considered one of the greats? His teams were considerably better than Eli's, as well.

John Elway's career completion %, yards/game, TD/year are all similar to Eli's through this part of his career (with Eli leading 2/3). Yes, Elway is known for his heroics in the playoffs, and I am not saying by any means that Eli is better than Elway, but it's fair to say that if you went just by someone's statistics as a fantasy football player, which is essentially what you have been doing, it is a fair comparison.

Eli also has better numbers than Bob Griese. Yes, different era, etc, but like I'm saying before, it just shows that historically people are not considered just by pure numerical stats.

I am not saying Eli is even top five current quarterback, just defending the fact that he should be top 10. If you say otherwise, you are simply ignorant, or need to take your anti-Kiki shades off.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Very good post, Eli is a very clutch player. He has made a lot of game-winnings drives in his career. He has made 13 comebacks in 27 opportunities. That is the 3rd highest percentage behind only Big Ben and Brady. So is Eli a good player? Yes, but he is NOT a great QB. Maybe someday he will or maybe someday he wont. But as long as I know that we have an opportunity to win a Super Bowl with him, I'll take that any day of the week.

VC15

Reaction score
Who would take Eli maybe over J.P Losman or Jake Delhomme, but that's about it.
I would take a team of crippled 8 year olds over the Succaneers.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, the Chiefs are currently undefeated.

As a non-Giants fan, here's what I have to say about Eli:

I'm a huge Eli hater. I don't like the way he plays, and I don't think he's that great.

But when you draft a QB, what do you draft him for? To go to 7 pro bowls? Or to win a superbowl? Yes, Eli had a fantastic defense. Yes, Eli had a fantastic running game. But what has he accomplished that many have not? He has won a superbowl.

I on any given day have him from 9-12, but putting him in the top 10 wouldn't make someone a homer.
The thing is that he hasn't done anything since he lost people like Tiki and Strahan. Also Super Bowl wins normally doesn't matter when you are comparing players unless they are seen as the leader of the team. Eli was not the leader of the Giants went to go on to win that Super Bowl.

Also he said Top 5 not Top 10. Top 5 is completely homerish.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes, but Blake has been rigorously arguing that he isn't top 10.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
So is Terry Bradshaw a failure of a QB? He was only a 3 time pro bowl QB, isn't anywhere near relevant in any statistical category either historically or in his era, but yet he is widely considered one of the greats? His teams were considerably better than Eli's, as well.

John Elway's career completion %, yards/game, TD/year are all similar to Eli's through this part of his career (with Eli leading 2/3). Yes, Elway is known for his heroics in the playoffs, and I am not saying by any means that Eli is better than Elway, but it's fair to say that if you went just by someone's statistics as a fantasy football player, which is essentially what you have been doing, it is a fair comparison.

Eli also has better numbers than Bob Griese. Yes, different era, etc, but like I'm saying before, it just shows that historically people are not considered just by pure numerical stats.

I am not saying Eli is even top five current quarterback, just defending the fact that he should be top 10. If you say otherwise, you are simply ignorant, or need to take your anti-Kiki shades off.
Bradshaw too had a great team, he was a pathetic quarterback from 70-75.

He didn't even lead the team in passing in 1974.

To be honest I've never seen the hype in Bradshaw, he was great after his first five seasons, but look who he had to throw to in those years; Swann and Stallworth.

As for Griese, in 1972 he threw just 97 passes, in 73 he threw 218. Eli has thrown on average over 500-passes a year.

The year they won the SuperBowl, he threw 529 passes, 217 were completed, 20 of those 217 were completed to the wrong team.

So Manning completed just one less pass than Griese threw during the 1973 season.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Yes, but Blake has been rigorously arguing that he isn't top 10.
In all honesty; my top 10 for 2009 would look like this, in no particular order.

P. Manning
T. Brady
A. Rodgers
P. Rivers
D. Brees
B. Favre
K. Warner
D. McNabb
M. Schaub
T. Romo

VC15

Reaction score
Eli definitely had a better season than Warner and McNabb. Both may have played on better teams, but Eli was the best of those three and the stats proved it. He also had "inferior targets" as many here stated before the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%