Hall of Fame
Reaction score
End of the day, we beat you.
Enjoy the off-season.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Ah, glass half-empty kind of guy. Bases loaded and 2 outs to get out of the jam and you say the offense beat itself up rather than the pitcher rising to the occasion in a cutch moment.

(just 1 example.)

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
My biggest problem is people not accepting defeat, making excuses of why the outcome wasn't what they had hoped it would be. You can say the Yankees just didn't do enough to win when they had the chance, but that could also be because the Tigers capitalized when they had to, it can go both ways of why it did or didn't happen. Sometimes you have to give the opposing team credit, but obviously you aren't going to do that.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Ah, glass half-empty kind of guy. Bases loaded and 2 outs to get out of the jam and you say the offense beat itself up rather than the pitcher rising to the occasion in a cutch moment.

(just 1 example.)
When we pop up on pitches right down the middle with their pitchers continuously missing their spots, then yes, it's our fault.

My biggest problem is people not accepting defeat, making excuses of why the outcome wasn't what they had hoped it would be. You can say the Yankees just didn't do enough to win when they had the chance, but that could also be because the Tigers capitalized when they had to, it can go both ways of why it did or didn't happen. Sometimes you have to give the opposing team credit, but obviously you aren't going to do that.

See above.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
One game it didn't, one game it did.. You make wrong predictions occasionally when you don't care about being wrong and are willing to write down all of your predictions.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
One game it didn't, one game it did.. You make wrong predictions occasionally when you don't care about being wrong and are willing to write down all of your predictions.
This.

I make predictions all the time, IDGAF. No one ever likes to bring up your correct predictions though.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
and i dont care if you don't like someone pointing out that you underestimated somebody.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How was I wrong though? He gave up 6 earned runs in the first game and only lasted 5 innings in the 2nd game..

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
he pitched well in his 2nd outing. So what if he only went 5 innings? He still didn't get smacked around.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
When we pop up on pitches right down the middle with their pitchers continuously missing their spots, then yes, it's our fault.

See above.
why can't you just grow a sack and admit another team outplayed you? why is that so hard for you yankee fans?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he pitched well in his 2nd outing. So what if he only went 5 innings? He still didn't get smacked around.
He did get hit around.. He's lucky the Yankees only put up 1 run. 7 base runners in 5 innings is not good, and he couldn't go deep in the game.

But disregard the first game entirely, that's fine.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
and cheato, i will admit, when i quoted you I misread the date. I thought you made that statement after Fister's 1st outing.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
He did get hit around.. He's lucky the Yankees only put up 1 run. 7 base runners in 5 innings is not good, and he couldn't go deep in the game.

But disregard the first game entirely, that's fine.
but when he got into a tough situation he found his way out of it.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
And also, don't sit here and say: We had chances, we didn't execute properly on those chances. We fucked up. We couldnt hit in cluch situations.

and then say: But i wouldn't say they are better than us.

If you can't execute in key situations, how are you still better? For once I just wanna see a yankee fan admit they were wrong. Admit they're team isn't God's gift to the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%