Post-Season Predictions

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Still don't think the Tigers are a good team or Fister is that good of a pitcher.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
The Twins and White Sox underperforming by a mile is why you made the playoffs and a combination of the umpires giving you guys incredibly generous strikes all series, the Yankees inability to capitalize on pitches right down the middle, and the Yankees pitchers inability to put away Tigers hitters after getting them into pitcher's counts is what got you in the ALCS.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
The Twins and White Sox underperforming by a mile is why you made the playoffs and a combination of the umpires giving you guys incredibly generous strikes all series, the Yankees inability to capitalize on pitches right down the middle, and the Yankees pitchers inability to put away Tigers hitters after getting them into pitcher's counts is what got you in the ALCS.
lol yeah, the Tigers beat the Yankees because of the umpires, that's laughable. I seen soo many bad calls against both sides and I don't even think that strike zone thing was accurate, there's no way it was. At least some fans admit the loss and don't make excuses, but I wouldn't expect any less out of you. Who cares if they had opportunities, they choked them opportunities away, that's their fault, not the Tigers. Tigers capitalized when it mattered, the Yankees didn't, which is why they'll be watching the ALCS from home. They don't have anyone to blame but themselves and that's just the truth. I know you're not use to defeat, but you aren't going to win it every year so you'll just have to accept that.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
You just said exactly what I said. That the Yankees beat themselves and that we only have ourselves to blame, not that the Tigers really came and handed us an ass-whooping.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
You just said exactly what I said. That the Yankees beat themselves and that we only have ourselves to blame, not that the Tigers really came and handed us an ass-whooping.
Well, the Tigers won so it's not like that really matters at this point..

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect any team to come in and give the Yankees an ass-whooping, that just doesn't happen very often, so I never expected that to happen to begin with.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just because the Tigers didn't come in and "ass-whoop" the Yankees, their win is diminished? Not every game is won by 6 or 7 runs. And if you're trying to say that the Tigers won in part due to the strike zone then you're just a sore loser.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect any team to come in and give the Yankees an ass-whooping, that just doesn't happen very often, so I never expected that to happen to begin with.
I don't really know how to word it, but when I said ass-whooping I really didn't mean beating us by 10 every game. I meant that the Yankees did more to lose than the game than Detroit did to win it.

Just because the Tigers didn't come in and "ass-whoop" the Yankees, their win is diminished? Not every game is won by 6 or 7 runs. And if you're trying to say that the Tigers won in part due to the strike zone then you're just a sore loser.
See above about the ass-whoop thing.

Acting like the strike zone was a non-factor in the outcome if the games is ignorant. If you truly watched every pitch of the series, you would see the discrepancies.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didn't say that there weren't any discrepancies. I said to blame it as a factor in your losing is poor. You want to complain? Go right ahead. But don't tell me it's the reason Detroit won.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I said that it was part of the reason. I never said that's why they won.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I don't really know how to word it, but when I said ass-whooping I really didn't mean beating us by 10 every game. I meant that the Yankees did more to lose than the game than Detroit did to win it.

See above about the ass-whoop thing.

Acting like the strike zone was a non-factor in the outcome if the games is ignorant. If you truly watched every pitch of the series, you would see the discrepancies.
There was discrepancies on both sides, it wasn't just in favor of one team, that much I can tell you. That strike zone thing, whatever it's called was inaccurate I firmly believe. Some pitches thrown were in the box and not called a strike, that looked really bad and some looked good and were out of the box, and were called strikes. One thing I will say, the "officiating" had nothing to do with the outcome of the series.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I agree too. There were some fastballs in the dirt and the "tracker" registered it low, middle of the zone. I'd prefer them showing a quick replay from overhead and/or from the side to show where the ball was (on pitches that and an at bat or result in a hit) rather than show it on a stupid little digital strikezone.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
There was discrepancies on both sides, it wasn't just in favor of one team, that much I can tell you. That strike zone thing, whatever it's called was inaccurate I firmly believe. Some pitches thrown were in the box and not called a strike, that looked really bad and some looked good and were out of the box, and were called strikes. One thing I will say, the "officiating" had nothing to do with the outcome of the series.
The last game was the only one that was off and you could tell because it was the first time the announcers brought it up. They said it like 5 times that the thing shows where the ball crosses the plate and not where the catcher catches it and were making excuses for it essentially.

The other games it was perfectly fine.

I don't think anyone can say with a straight face that the Tigers didn't get a lot more favorable strike calls than the Yankees did this series.

The last sentence is just completely untrue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%