Official World Cup Thread

mg91

Mr. Man Utd
Reaction score
I feel bad for him, don't get me wrong, but there are a lot more players who England would miss much more than Becks.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
The game he got injured in was sweet. It was on yesterday, I watched it. Seedorf with the game winning goal in extra time for Milan <3

Mooche

Reaction score
I picked up the sexiest AC Milan sweat jacket. Oh my goodness.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Keep the talk about garbage clubs out of the WC discussion :p

mg91

Mr. Man Utd
Reaction score
Man, the Aussies have this <Censored> wrapped up.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Usa is going all the way. Our group isnt that tough so I see us advancing.

mg91

Mr. Man Utd
Reaction score
I would expect U.S to come in second behind England.

It's always going to be tough after that though.

Who's the manager at the moment?

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Bob Bradley is our coach.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Got my ESPN magazine that is the exclusive World Cup mag. Looks pretty good and it has good predictions as well.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Like Italy doing nothing <_<

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I havent started reading it, but the cover looks cool lol. Man I really want a USA jersey.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How do you think they'll go?
IDK if you thought this way or not but I may be misinterpreted in my post.

Honestly, I don't see them making much noise as much as it pains me. With the players there, it just seems that the whole defensive "rock" isn't going to cut it. Guys like Pirlo, Cammoranesi, Gattuso, etc. aren't going to be able to keep pace. Lippi is too hard headed (aren't all Italians) to make the changes though.

They should at least make the knockout...though my dad and grandfather don't think they can do that either lol

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I like Spain winning it all. I just LOVE their strikers and midfielders. With Torres, Villa, Iniesta, and Xavi. That is just scary right there and then the defense is good as well but maybe their weak point. But they can cover that up with the excellent goalkeeping of Iker Casillas.

La Furia Roja will go far in this World Cup.

mg91

Mr. Man Utd
Reaction score
IDK if you thought this way or not but I may be misinterpreted in my post.

Honestly, I don't see them making much noise as much as it pains me. With the players there, it just seems that the whole defensive "rock" isn't going to cut it. Guys like Pirlo, Cammoranesi, Gattuso, etc. aren't going to be able to keep pace. Lippi is too hard headed (aren't all Italians) to make the changes though.

They should at least make the knockout...though my dad and grandfather don't think they can do that either lol
I get what you mean, but if there's one thing Mourinho just showed it's that even an old defense can hold the fort if it's disciplined and willing enough. And we both know that Italy aren't lacking in any of those departments. As much as I want to count Italy out, I just can't. I can't see them winnning it, but I could easily see them in the quarters, or maybe even the semis, and from there, you never know.

I think you simply HAVE to take Cassano. He's a bit of a twat, I know, but he's scoring goals for fun, and imo you'd be silly to deny yourself that talent on the back of what is essentially a grudge. I know you've always pushed for Cassano's inclusion, and after watching the last few games for Sampdoria he simply has to go. I think Rossi will have to step up. I've always liked him, it's a shame it didn't work at United for him, but I wouldn't begrudge him a good world cup, even if it is for Italy! :p

As for Spain...they're a top team atm. They're going to take some beating, even if Torres isn't 100%. I think they have to take Senna again. IMO he was the most under rated player at the EURO. He was truely immense, and I hope he get's a chance to play in a World Cup.

I'm still hoping to see Wazza win it for England though....It'd be great to see Rio, Wazza, Carrick et al to lift the trophy. I say that with full knowledge that the cunts Gerrard and Terry will also be hailed as WC winners.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think you simply HAVE to take Cassano. He's a bit of a twat, I know, but he's scoring goals for fun, and imo you'd be silly to deny yourself that talent on the back of what is essentially a grudge. I know you've always pushed for Cassano's inclusion, and after watching the last few games for Sampdoria he simply has to go. I think Rossi will have to step up. I've always liked him, it's a shame it didn't work at United for him, but I wouldn't begrudge him a good world cup, even if it is for Italy! :p
What do you except from a stubborn Italian (Lippi)? Like you said, I agree wholeheartedly that Cassano needs to play. His ability would make that much of a difference up front. They can even take Pazzini and hope to recreate the magic they've had this season for Samp. I also agree with Rossi needing to step up. Just don't know if he'll get that chance. As far as I know Lippi hasn't said he'd be part of the squad. He wasn't on the pre-Cup roster.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also how can you list Spanish midfielders and leave out Fabregas...

mg91

Mr. Man Utd
Reaction score
It's just indicative of the strength of Spain's midfield. Fabregas is world class, no doubt, but I think Xavi and Iniesta are better, and they have the added bonus of some great on field chemistry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%