Official World Cup Thread

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Are you excited? I cant wait for World Cup!!! Ok here are the groupings for the World Cup:

Group A
1. South Africa
2. Mexico
3. Uruguay
4. France

Group B
1. Argentina
2. Nigeria
3. South Korea
4. Greece

Group C
1. England
2. United States
3. Algeria
4. Slovenia

Group D
1. Germany
2. Australia
3. Serbia
4. Ghana

Group E
1. Netherlands
2. Denmark
3. Japan
4. Cameroon

Group F
1. Italy
2. Paraguay
3.New Zealand
4. Slovakia

Group G
1. Brazil
2. North Korea
3. Côte d'Ivoire
4. Portugal

Group H
1. Spain
2. Switzerland
3. Honduras
4. Chile

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Italy takes the gold again :p

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Italy takes the gold again :p
Not this year. I have my money on Spain, they have arguably the best team in the World and havent lost a match in World Cup qualifying.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Haven't seen much of Italy at all, but I can't wait for it either.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
USA doesnt have a bad grouping at all. I can really see us advancing to the 2nd round.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Would be cool to get the USA excited bout soccer.

Oiler35

Reaction score
Group F is a cake-walk for Italy.
Time for Gold vII.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Group G is the group of death, lol. Damn Brazil vs. Portugal is gonna be sick.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
sam, it would technically be goldvV lol

mg91

Mr. Man Utd
Reaction score
If Italy's group is a cakewalk what about England? U.S aside, and even the U.S won't trouble this England side, there is no one there to compete.

I'm not overly positive about Australia. We'll need to beat Ghana and draw with Serbia, which might be a tall order.

I'm going with England. They've always had the talent to do it, but their problem has always been poor management, and that is a problem I feel has been solved by Fabio Capello. At the very least I would expect them in the Semi's. My next preference would be Spain.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
England never plays like a team, they always play like individuals which is what separates them from Germany. I may be wrong, but I havent seen otherwise. My British friend was cracking up when he heard we were going to face him in the World Cup.

mg91

Mr. Man Utd
Reaction score
England never plays like a team, they always play like individuals which is what separates them from Germany. I may be wrong, but I havent seen otherwise. My British friend was cracking up when he heard we were going to face him in the World Cup.
Perhaps that would have been an accurate description of the England which played under Sven Goran Erikkson, or Mclaren, but not Cappelo's side. England lost one game all qualification, and that was long after they had qualified. They smashed Croatia 3-0 in Zagreb, the beat them again at home, a marked improvement from their failure to beat them once in the EURO qualifiers.

Capello has got the best out of Rooney, who has scored almost every game he has played under Capello, and he has also found a system which allows him to play Gerrard and Lampard together.

They will be a force this time around. Winning it might be a push, but they'll be one of the best teams in the tournament without a doubt.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
World Cup is about 3 months away and USA basically has 19 spots already chosen on the squad. Its going to be interesting to watch the other 4 players that will join the team to South Africa.

mg91

Mr. Man Utd
Reaction score
World Cup is about 3 months away and USA basically has 19 spots already chosen on the squad. Its going to be interesting to watch the other 4 players that will join the team to South Africa.
I'm not all too familiar with all American players, outside of those I watch in the EPL, but are the 19 players assured of spots in a different class to the others?

I've been very, very impressed with Donovan's exploits at Everton. He's obviously far too good for the MLS. I think they ought to have extended his loan at Everton in my opinon. He would only be a better player for it.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I'm not all too familiar with all American players, outside of those I watch in the EPL, but are the 19 players assured of spots in a different class to the others?

I've been very, very impressed with Donovan's exploits at Everton. He's obviously far too good for the MLS. I think they ought to have extended his loan at Everton in my opinon. He would only be a better player for it.
Bob Bradley, our coach has stated that approximately 19 of the players he is sure he will select for the World Cup. Eddie Johnson and Clint Dempsey are also very good players who I look forward to watching.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've never been so pumped for soccer haha :)

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Isn't Dempsey injured?
Yes, Dempsey is injured. Deuce’s progress has been a little slower than hoped for, with Fulham taking no chances with his knee condition.

mg91

Mr. Man Utd
Reaction score
If he isn't back for the World Cup, he'll be a big loss. I like him as a player, I think he has a lot of great qualities going for him.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Beckham tore his achilles tendon. Will likely miss World Cup :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%