--Official Trade/Transaction Thread--

Status
Not open for further replies.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Knicks have been one of the most persistent pursuers of Tracy McGrady over the past several weeks, ESPN.com has learned.

McGrady is likely to be dealt sometime within the next seven months, either before the deadline or in a sign-and-trade.

New York has been insistent on the inclusion of Jared Jeffries, which has hurt their chances of acquiring McGrady.

Harrington, earning $10.02 million, would almost certainly be a part of any proposed trade between the Rockets and Knicks, and New York can also offer the Rockets financial relief by including the expiring contract of Cuttino Mobley (whose $9.5 million salary is being paid by an insurance company) in the deal.

Houston sees the inclusion of Jeffries as a non-starter because his salary would prevent the Rockets having max room to work with in the summer of 2010.
Almost all the trades we hear about usually dont happen, but its good to hear we're at least TRYING to move Jeffries contract.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
• Anthony Randolph, Warriors: The young, tall and talented Randolph has been an enigma. He's had some excellent games but has had steady run-ins with Warriors coach Don Nelson and his playing time has varied. Is he being held back because of his immaturity or because Nelson hasn't managed him as well as he could? There are differing opinions.

One thing that is sure, says a source, is the Cavs' interest in giving it a try. This week rumors emerged that the Warriors would be willing to trade Randolph and the Cavs have announced their interest. Cavs coach Mike Brown fell in love with Randolph before his rookie season after draft workouts and seeing him at summer league.

The Cavs and Golden State have already had extensive trade talks this year, for Jackson, and things could re-kindle in a package around Randolph.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
- There is a rumor the Cavs have offered J.J. Hickson to Golden State for forward/center Anthony Randolph. The Warriors would love to move swingman Corey Maggette in any possible deal.
Don't expect anything to happen but it's interesting to say the least.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They would probably want you guys to take on Maggette's contract. I doubt they trade Randolph for Hickson straight up.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm one of the few Cavs fans who actually wants Maggette.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mo Williams, Maggette, LeBron and Shaq 4some would be pretty nasty.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The ever-reliable Brian Windhorst reports that Troy Murphy is one of three PFs high on the Cavs' trade radar. We figured that Pacers people would rather ponder that than the team's recent Granger-less fortunes.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Troy.. Would give us some scoring at PF and be able to stretch the D, but it's not going to catapult us that much..

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Knicks president Donnie Walsh is open to the idea of buying out guard Nate Robinson if the price is right.

Walsh and Robinson's agent, Aaron Goodwin, spoke Monday about this weekend's trade request.

New York will have trouble dealing Robinson because they are only willing to accept expiring contracts in return for the guard.

In addition, Robinson is a base-year compensation player, which means that the Knicks can only take back $2.6 million in return for the guard's $4 million deal.

"When I signed him I thought he'd be an important player on the team," Walsh said. "I don't know. We'll have to talk about it, OK, what is it [the number]."

Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni has benched Robinson in nine straight games.

Via New York Post

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"I think the Kings are already beginning to explore their options with Kevin Martin. Clearly Tyreke Evans is the teams new alpha dog and they'd be better off with him playing the 2 and getting a real point guard on the team. I think there will be a lot of interest in Martin when he comes back and could definitely see the Kings making a move by the trade deadline. I wonder if the Wolves would send a package of Mark Blount and Oleksiy Pecherov's expiring contract and the rights to Ricky Rubio whether the Kings would bite. Would be a great deal for both teams."

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
KMart couldnt just play the 3?

I havent seen much of him, but he seems more like a 3 then a 2 to me anyway.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He would get demolished by big SFs

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^That.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Any notion the Kings are looking to move [Kevin] Martin is off-base, as they are anticipating his early January return and eager to see what they believe could be one of the league's most explosive backcourts with his coupling with rookie Tyreke Evans. Aside from a complete breakdown in team chemistry, a regression because of Martin's presence or a trade offer involving an All-Star caliber player (specifically, a big man), Martin is going nowhere.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Martin/Thomas to Utah for Andrei Kirilenko (expires in 2011), Kyle Korver's EC, $3 million (not a problem because Utah still saves $3.2 million with the difference in salaries, plus another $3.2 million in luxury-tax money) and the rights to New York's unprotected first-round pick in 2010.

(Hold on, we have to wait a few seconds for every Knicks fan to stop shaking his or her head. Just a few more seconds. Hold on. Hold on. Hold on. And … we're good.)

I love this trade. For one thing, a Martin-Deron Williams backcourt would be loads of fun (shades of Utah teaming Hornacek and Stockton back in the day). Utah gets damned close to being under the luxury tax. Sacramento gets a gigantic expiring contract for next season (Kirilenko's $17.8 million), another scrappy, balls-to-the-wall guy (Kirilenko again), an official "this is your team" announcement to Evans AND a lottery ticket for the John Wall Sweepstakes.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Even though it's a garbage trade and the only reason we did it was financial in saving 5 million dollars, Najera is back in big D. Plus we get Shawne Williams out of big D and his wasted roster spot.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Flame away...

A Lakers source told me the team had its sights set high, as usual, and planned to target the possible acquisition of Chris Bosh when it got closer to the 3 p.m. Feb. 18 trade deadline, and the Raptors might be more likely to move their Olympian/All-Star while still entitled to compensation. It commonly is believed Bosh almost certain is to flee Toronto after this season, when he has the right to opt out of the final year ($17.1 million) of his contract. New York Post

My source believes the Lakers will offer Andrew Bynum for Bosh (if they haven’t done so already) well before the deadline expires. In itself, the one-for-one swap is impossible to make. Bynum’s “base year” essentially allows L.A. to take back but half of his salary this year ($12.5M). Of course, that restriction is lifted when next year’s salary ($13.7M) activates come July 1, at which time a sign-and-trade transaction would be feasible. New York Post[/b]
lol

of course it's not true, but its fun seeing A. Lakers fans getting their hopes up and B. Laker haters FLAMING

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ya Coangelo straight up rejected the rumor anyways. Imagine Bosh in a Laker uni though. Wow.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they all reject everything

but i know it's not happening

and you're right

Pau
Bosh
Artest
Kobe
Fisher

or even Pau/Bosh/Odom/Artest/Kobe

way to good. im going to stop dreaming

there's anoter rumor saying Minnesota offered Al Jeff for Granger but Indy rejected it right away

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would love to face that Bosh and Pau front court, Shaq would have a field day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%