--Official Trade/Transaction Thread--

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Multiple sources say that, apparently at Don Nelson’s urging, the Warriors have been calling teams and offering to trade Ellis in recent days. It is likely that their efforts will only intensify, barring some 11th-hour peace treaty. Ellis has four years and $44M owed to him after this season, but several sources say that he will be less difficult to trade than Stephen Jackson was. And it seems inevitable that Ellis will be traded, presuming that Nelson remains in power, and every source I’ve talked to believes that Nelson will remain in power. San Jose Mercury News
Multiple NBA sources have confirmed that Monta Ellis’ status with the Warriors could be determined Thursday, when his agent is scheduled to meet with team management in Oakland. San Jose Mercury News
Several sources indicate that Ellis’ agent, Jeff Fried, already has discussed the possibility of the Warrriors giving Fried and Ellis permission to talk to other teams to quicken the pace of trade talks. The Thursday meeting could formalize those general discussions. One source said that Fried tacitly has been given the go-ahead to try to come up with a trade, but that team president Robert Rowell may not yet have officially signed off on it. (Al Harrington was given similar permission last year. It’s believed Stephen Jackson received tacit approval earlier this year.) Rowell and GM Larry Riley apparently will represent Warriors management in this meeting. San Jose Mercury News
Tim Kawakami: Multiple sources say that Warriors are actively trying to trade Monta Ellis. Ellis' camp could get permission to try to make a deal. Twitter.com
Although the dysfunction level of the Golden State Warriors no doubt declined with Monday's trade of disgruntled veteran Stephen Jackson, sources close to the team say it certainly did not disappear. Leading scorer Monta Ellis now replaces Jackson as the most irritated Warrior, and according to league sources, Ellis' agent, Jeff Fried, will meet with Golden State management Thursday to discuss his future (or lack thereof) with the club. ESPN.com
Fried could not be reached for comment, and it's not clear whether he will ask the Warriors to trade his client. But sources said Ellis has been telling teammates on a regular basis that he wants out of Golden State, and he believes general manager Larry Riley has spoken to several teams about potential trades involving him. ESPN.com
Riley said there is no situation, regarding Ellis or any other player, that approaches the seriousness of the Jackson controversy, but he did not deny that the Warriors may pursue other trades. "I don't have anything going right now in regards to trading people," Riley said in a telephone conversation Tuesday afternoon. "I will be working to improve our team throughout the rest of this year, and that process will be started quickly. I felt we had to get the first thing out of the way first. Are we in a position to not do anything? We're 3-6. I can't afford not to be talking to people. We're 3-6 and we need to continue to evaluate our roster." ESPN.com
Riley said one of the benefits of having Bell on the roster is that he can bring some veteran experience and leadership to the team, though he doesn't have the relationship with the youngsters that Jackson had. The Warriors would like for Ellis to fill that void, but he said he isn't planning to increase his responsibility. "I'm not going to put any more on my back," Ellis said. "I'm not going to do more. Somebody else is going to have to step up and take on the role that Jack had and be that player." Contra Costa Times
Two sources say that Nelson embarrassed Ellis when Ellis tried to step into a leadership role in the aftermath of the 28-point home loss to the Clippers on Nov. 6. The sources describe the scene in the post-game locker room: Ellis, as a co-captain, began loudly addressing to his teammates, telling them that this performance could not be tolerated. But then Nelson came into the room and told Ellis to be quiet. Speaking to reporters a few minutes later, Ellis was near-tears. A snippet… -Q: Your coach said he was embarrassed by this game. Are you embarrassed? -ELLIS: We all should be embarrassed. This is a terrible game, terrible performance. We looked like we didn’t know what we were doing out there. We looked like a high school team. We didn’t do nothing. San Jose Mercury News
The Clippers-game episode now sheds greater light on Ellis’ cryptic comments during his public verbal altercation with Nelson after a practice in New York last week. First, in front of reporters, Ellis accused Nelson of blaming him for everything. When Nelson denied it and then walked away, waving his hands, Ellis said: “See, that’s why I won’t do it. I just won’t do it.” What did that mean? My read: Ellis was saying that whenever he tries to lead the team, it’s rendered meaningless because the coach and management disrupt everything. San Jose Mercury News

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That sac and philly deal is ass. I hate dally's deal too. But we would be getting jv type of talent.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That sac and philly deal is ass. I hate dally's deal too. But we would be getting jv type of talent.
Only way Sac does it is if Boston takes Nocioni too. (Which I'm sure they would lve) But I still doubt the Kings want Dally's 12m/year. I wouldn't mind it, but I just don't see Petrie going through with it.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Multiple sources say that, apparently at Don Nelson’s urging, the Warriors have been calling teams and offering to trade Monta Ellis in recent days. It is likely that their efforts will only intensify, barring some 11th-hour peace treaty. Ellis has four years and $44M owed to him after this season, but several sources say that he will be less difficult to trade than Stephen Jackson was. San Jose Mercury News Blog

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml#ixzz0XACcmeca
whoa.
maybe Utah?
maybe the Knicks?
maybe Chicago or Miami?

idk. just throwing those teams out there. i havent heard anything

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Beidrins and Ellis for Hawes and Martin =o

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
According to the Philadelphia Daily News, the 76ers spoke to the Kings about Samuel Dalembert before the start of the regular season, but nothing ever came of it. Dalembert was part of the three-team trade scenario that ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported on Tuesday.

Agent Marc Cornstein has permission to seek out a deal and said the following yesterday: "They've explored trade options, and both sides continue to do that. I don't know that there's a team we haven't reached out to. There have been a lot of talks, a lot of different scenarios. I don't think anything's imminent or happening."

The Sacramento Bee reports a deal to the Kings appears to be dead for the foreseeable future largely because of Dalembert's contract which has two years and a combined $24.9 million left and includes a 15 percent trade kicker.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yahoo! Sports reports that the Bulls and Knicks are discussing a trade that would send Tyrus Thomas and Jerome James to New York in exchange for Al Harrington.

Several sources believe that Gar Forman would sign off on such a deal but Donnie Walsh is so far not ready to include Harrington.

"Nothing is imminent, but both sides would like to figure out a way to do this," said a league executive who was briefed on the discussions.

The Bulls are talking about Thomas with several clubs as the forward rehabs from a fractured forearm.

Both Thomas and Harrington are in the final season of their contracts.

Adrian Wojnarowski also mentions Andre Miller, Tracy McGrady and Elton Brand as players who could be dealt this season.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would love to see that deal go down. I'm not a big Tyrus Thomas fan anymore. He just hasn't shown the progression or desire to get better. He's also got one of the worst basketball IQ's I've ever seen. I've liked Al Harrington for awhile now and it seems like the Bulls are always rumored to be after him, so hopefully this time it goes down. He could add the scoring bunch we lost when Gordon left for Detroit.

C - Joakim Noah
PF - Al Harrington
SF - Luol Deng
SG - John Salmons
PG - Derrick Rose

Pretty solid lineup... Looks even better when Wade signs here next season.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was in favor of the trade too, but it doesnt look like its going down...

Peter Vecsey of the New York Post wrote on Sunday that the Knicks are not interested in trading for Chicago forward Tyrus Thomas.

Vecsey points out New York executive Donnie Walsh's soft spot for Al Harrington, who the Bulls are reportedly targeting, and reports that Walsh hasn't had a single conversation with Chicago about such a deal.
We need to get on it and make a deal, shed of of these contracts for a shot at 2 max contracts.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Is Nate Rob easy to get now I'm guessing?

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im sure he's alot easier, I dont think Nate really wants to play for NY he just wants to be in NY.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wish we'd make a move for him.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
New York Knicks head coach Mike D'Antoni has Nate Robinson(notes) riding the bench while getting paid $4 million for the season. (Not a bad gig, if you can get it.) Now folks are speculating that Robinson, who has been in the doghouse for some time, is on the trading block, according to the New York Times. Of course, no other team went after Robinson in the summer months when he was a restricted free agent so it seems doubtful there are any teams out there right now that strongly desire his services.

The paper points out that it might be worth keeping Robinson around as an insurance policy in case anyone gets hurt since he is currently playing on a one-year deal that (a) will give the Knicks salary flexibility next summer when the team wants to go after all the free agents with the biggest names (LeBron James(notes), Chris Bosh(notes), Dwyane Wade(notes), Amare' Stoudemire, etc.) and (b) Robinson can put the kibosh on any trade that he isn't interested in since he is playing with just a one-year contract.

It is highly unlikely that D'Antoni will force Robinson out of the locker room as he did with Stephon Marbury(notes) last year. Marbury was openly attempting to derail the team and his teammates while Robinson is still a perfectly nice guy to have in the locker room.

MR.ballin

$carface
Reaction score
If the Knicks got Chris Bosh, that would be a big boost for them

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Multiple sources in the NBA have told me that Jerryd Bayless seems to be the most available player on Portland's roster. A couple of sources indicated over the weekend that Bayless has asked the team to trade him, because of his lack of playing time.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bayless should be patient. Blake is probably gonna bolt in FA which would make Bayless the primary backup and allow him to really bust out.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why exactly was Nate even benched? It's not like his stats were horrible..

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He hurts the team a lot, defensively, & Toney Douglas has been playing pretty well.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It was reported yesterday that Warriors forward Anthony Randolph is on the trade market.

According to Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle, "Tuesday's news is a drastic change from a month ago. During the Stephen Jackson trade talks, which culminated with a Nov. 16 transaction, potential suitors were told that Randolph was off limits. ... It has become obvious that Monta Ellis can be a leader, and it is equally obvious that he needs a star to play alongside him."

Randolph's attitude is an issue teams will have to consider.

"His attitude still causes concerns," one Western Conference executive told the newspaper, "but his talent is limitless."

Carlos Boozer, Caron Butler, Tyrus Thomas and David West were all mentioned by league executives as potential trade targets for the Warriors.

Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News wrote the following Tuesday:

"You know the first call they made was to Toronto, since Don Nelson would love to have Chris Bosh. But I just don't see the Raptors mailing it in on Bosh quite yet even though he's a free agent this summer. ... One league source pointed me to Memphis and Rudy Gay as a possible match for Randolph (two headaches, swapped for each other?), but again, it's the same problem: Gay is a restricted FA this summer. ... I've also heard Miami mentioned as a possible trade partner with the Warriors, but much of that involves the Heat's potential interest in Andris Biedrins, who is likely a part of any big Warriors' proposal."

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don Nelson refused to address reports that Anthony Randolph has been placed on the trade block by the Warriors. Two high-level executives said Tuesday that the second-year forward, who was considered off-limits a month ago, has been discussed in talks. Warriors sources said nothing is imminent.

"We're definitely looking at big-picture stuff," Nelson said. "We know that we're 7-17. We understand. We still don't have a clue about the team, because we haven't been together, haven't had a full roster."

"Whatever the front office feels they need to do to make us a better team," Randolph said.

Nelson said he remains sold on Randolph.

"I like Randolph," Nelson said. "He's my guy. Of course, I want to keep him."

Via San Francisco Chronicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%