RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope Alexander turns himself into a role player. He's sweet <3

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Players weren't exactly jumping for joy in the locker room on Thursday upon hearing that the team had acquired Nate Robinson from the Knicks.

Boston send New York a package that included guard Eddie House.

"I would've been fine if we hadn't ... we'll see whether that's the right decision or not," said coach Doc Rivers. "I like this team, I've said it over and over again. I didn't think we needed to make changes."

Rajon Rondo at first declined to discuss the trade, then opened up a bit.

"I don't know, I don't know," said Rondo. "I hope it's for the best. Eddie House can drop 20, 30 [points off the bench] too. But [the players] don't make decision, we just play the game."

Ray Allen didn't feel a trade was necessary.

"I didn't think we were bad," said Allen. "We were good."

Even Lakers coach Phil Jackson got in on the act, questioning Danny Ainge's logic.

"I really don't know about that," he said. "I have a great respect for House's game. I don't know what you can improve on that credible shooting skill that he has. House really has a strike factor in his game that can really disturb a team."
Damn sounds like Nate is going to have trouble making friends in Boston, I really didnt like the fact we traded him anyway, especially to a division rival like the Celtics. I would have been in our best bet to keep him and try to S&T him this offseason.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Merge with the other trade thread, change name to transaction thread - cover more then trades.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Now this needs to be pinned ;)

Zydrunas Ilgauskas and the Washington Wizards agreed to a buyout Wednesday evening, according to a league source.

The buyout will save the Wizards just over $1M, according to Michael Lee's report.

Ilgauskas is expected to sign with the Cavaliers 30 days after the date he was traded, but he will also receive offers from Atlanta, Denver and Dallas, according to Lee.

Brian Windhorst reports that he'll especially listen to offers from the Nuggets and Mavericks.

Via Michael Lee/Washington Post

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Miami Heat announced tonight that Rafer Alston, while having made contact with the team via text message, has made himself otherwise unavailable to the team. As a result he has been suspended indefinitely.

Alston, who is in his 11th NBA season, was signed as a free agent by the HEAT on January 7, 2010. He has appeared in 52 games this season (38 starts) with the HEAT and New Jersey Nets and has averaged 8.2 points, 3.4 assists, 2.5 rebounds, 0.96 steals and 27.3 minutes. He started all 25 games in which he appeared for Miami this season and averaged 6.6 points, 2.9 assists, 2.2 rebounds, 0.92 steals and 26.2 minutes.

We will have no further comment until we are able to communicate with Rafer.

Via Press Release
Can someone please PIN THIS TOPIC!?!?!?!!!!

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Miami Heat announced today that guard Rafer Alston has been placed on the suspended list and has been suspended for the remainder of the season. “While we are aware, through media reports, of the personal issue that Rafer is going through, we still have not heard from him,” said Heat President Pat Riley. “As stated before, our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family during this time, but we are at the point where we must move forward with the rest of the season during our playoff push. Therefore, we are placing Rafer on the suspended list and suspending him for the reminder of the season. We wish Rafer nothing but the best and thank him for his contributions.”

RealGM Note: Alston told ESPN on Tuesday that he left the team following his twin sister Racine's suicide attempt.

Via Press Release
Sure he hasnt been in contact but to suspend him for the season after what happened? Ruthless.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Larry Hughes will likely sign with the Bobcats sometime in in the next day or two, according to a source close to him that spoke with Slam. The Bobcats were previously mentioned as a destination for Hughes, but were not interested at the time.

PIN THIS TOPIC

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sure he hasnt been in contact but to suspend him for the season after what happened? Ruthless.
That is pretty <Censored>ty.
I hope there is something else they are not mentioning, cause if they suspended him for that, I hope Riley commits suicide himself.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh and BTW, Hughes to Bobcats is official..

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Charlotte Bobcats have signed veteran guard Larry Hughes to help with depth in the backcourt as they attempt to reach the playoffs for the first time.
General manager Rod Higgins announced this month they wouldn't sign Hughes because of his broken finger. But the injury has healed, and a team spokesman says Hughes passed his physical and could practice on Saturday.

The 31-year-old Hughes was traded from New York to Sacramento last month and then waived.

Hughes has averaged 14.6 points since being the eighth overall pick of Philadelphia in 1998. He has also played for Golden State, Washington, Cleveland and Chicago.

Charlotte has been looking for help in the backcourt after trading Flip Murray to Chicago last month.
Good sign for them IMO.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, I like the signing of Larry. I like Flip a lot but Larry might be a bit of an upgrade over him.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jerome James was released.
Not a big deal. But he hasn't played a game since 05-06? And only 40 games in his career?

He isn't THAT bad is he?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he has to be the most known scrub, lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince have been mainstays in Detroit in recent years, but the pair could be on their way out.

Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free-Press writes that Hamilton and Prince are among the members of the Pistons that aren't expected back for next season.

The Pistons are expected to push the ball more and Hamilton is better in a half-court offense. He'll make $12.6 million next year.

Prince is entering a contract year and will make $11.1 million, which makes him easier to move than Hamilton.

Via Detroit Free-Press

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lakers guard Shannon Brown says it would "make a lot of sense" to opt out of his current contract this summer.

Brown cited the NBA's collective bargaining agreement, which will expire soon, but he won't make a final decision until after the playoffs.

He signed a two-year, $4.148 million deal using the biannual exception last summer.

"It would definitely make a lot of sense with how my contract is," Brown said. "It would make a lot of sense. But I'm going to play the rest of these games out and then think about it then."

Brown added that he doesn't want to leave the Lakers.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why would someone even ask him about his contract? Hes a scrub

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Hawks are pooling resources to offer a maximum-salary contract to Joe Johnson on July 1. If they are able to do so, Johnson is likely to re-sign with Atlanta.

Sources tell Adrian Wojnarowski that the Hawks are willing to sell their first-round pick for $3 million, to help pay for Johnson's salary.

For the same reason, Atlanta will likely offer no more than a three-year contract between $1.8 million to $2 million per season to a possible successor to head coach Mike Woodson.

Woodson could leave to take the Sixers' job if Larry Brown becomes team president in Philadelphia. Brown would also look to hire Wizards' executive Milt Newton as his GM, according to sources.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Bucks want guard John Salmons back next season.

Milwaukee general manager John Hammond confirmed Thursday that he has discussed a contract extension with Salmons and his agent, Joel Bell.

Hammond wouldn't go into specifics, but the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel writes that the Bucks likely offered Salmons a maximum extension that would include the guard's opt-in year and three additional seasons for a total of nearly $27 million.

Salmons has a player option for $5.8 million next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%