Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
#1 Harrison Barnes...he's a tarheel, but for some reason I like him.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Andre Drummond..Then Anthony Davis at 2.

Drummond is a freak prospect.
I think it will be Davis, Drummond, Barnes.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd rather take Davis over Harrison. I don't ever see Harrison being elite in the league. I think he can be a Sean Elliot type player.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, depending on what you need will change things, but most teams go with good bigs over good perimeter players.

I personally don't think Sullinger will be "elite" at the next level.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think sully will be elite either in the L if he doesn't get in shape. But Cheato said he's lost weight.

People are sleeping on Quincy Miller...he can be a franchise player in the L.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm glad the Pistons are going to pick this year to be a horrible team.
Unless Dumars tries to be "competitive" for some ridiculous ass reason.

I swear if we end up less than top 3......

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think sully will be elite either in the L if he doesn't get in shape. But Cheato said he's lost weight.

People are sleeping on Quincy Miller...he can be a franchise player in the L.
He did lose 20 pounds, but I still don't see him being elite either. I wanna see how he does while better conditioned this year though.

Drummond is going #1 though, no doubt about that but Anthony Davis at #2 is a pretty damn good consolation prize.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how the draft goes. Especially if there is no season.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
im hoping that the Wolves and Clippers suck

that way we can get Lamb or Austin

Both Andre and Lamb are gonna be top 5 picks.... yeah huskies!

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Drummond is going #1 though, no doubt about that
there is the chance he does really poorly at UConn (hopefully not), which could take him away from that spot
but he most likely will go #1

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Andre's offensive game is nonexistent. If he wents any shot a going #1 that's goin to need to improve big time.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Andre's offensive game is nonexistent. If he wents any shot a going #1 that's goin to need to improve big time.
He'll develop an offensive game in time. Right now alot of his points come from alley oops and dunks. But he's got a good release and shows a lot of potential on the block.

I think his defensive game is enough to go #1 overall though.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He does a good job running the floor and he's active on the offensive end. He's always moving which is a huge plus for a young big.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A 6'11 275 pound athletic center doesn't need a polished offensive game coming out of High School to be the #1 pick.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Andre just has to feel challenged. Like this summer before the AAU season circuit started. Rivals rated Isaiah Austin ahead of him...when they matched up Andre just dominated him. He has to be motivated but when he is..he's a monster.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A 6'11 275 pound athletic center doesn't need a polished offensive game coming out of High School to be the #1 pick.
He truly is a man child. Not very many players have the size, strength, athletic ability, and skill that he does. He's like Dwight, he's like that video game big.

He catches everything around the rim, can go with either hand, good passer, and he understands angles which helps with rebounding on the offensive end.

Infact, I'd say Bleacher couldn't be anymore wrong about his offensive game being nonexistent. Is he the most polished offensive big ever? No, but he's a lot further along than most, and has loads of potential.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can we talk about if Anthony Davis can really be a 4 at the next level? He still needs a lot of weight..but you don't wanna bulk him up too much.

7m1rror8

Reaction score
Austin Rivers will go after his first year of college. I don't understand why Doc would want him to stay in college for another year or another 2 years?. That would make no sense. To get more education? Why would he need more education when he's going into the nba already. It's not like he's majoring in anything.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Why would he leave during a lockout? It all depends on his year at Duke. If he has the All-American like year that some expect him to have, he's gonna bolt (assuming lockout is lifted). If he struggles under a team-oriented offense, his stock will lower and I could very easily see him staying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%