NFL Fantasy Thread

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
well it's a keeper league so a lot of teams kept good guys like Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, Cash Cam, Matt Ryan -- outside of those guys a lot of people were drafted (although I keeper'ed Eli because my team sucked and I didn't want to risk it) -- Some teams thought they could grab a scrappy QB in like the 3rd round or w/e and got fucked. 

Actually this same GM has Roethlisberger too, yikes. Like one GM has Matt Ryan and Tom Brady, one has Luck & Wilson, one has Brees & RG3, another GM has Vick & Newton, another has Romo and Kapernick. When you factor in people gameplanning for their backup QB it's not that big of a surprise. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yea, but he had 1 TD, 1 INT, 5 sacks. 1 lost fumble. finished with 19 pts. Average. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
They are. If you don't plan well you get fucked -- like I didn't plan well last year and my 5 keepers were Forte, Julio Jones, Nicks, Amendola, Eli. 

And last year in midseason I traded Mike Wallace and Miles Austin for Julio Jones. So I essentially just traded Miles Austin, Mike Wallace, and DeMarco Murray for Peyton fucking Manning. 

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
The only down side is that Peyton isn't going to maintain this early season performance. He's yet to play a good defense. Baltimore's defense is good, now, but it certainly wasn't before Huff got benched.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
the upside though is he gets to play Oakland another time and San Diego twice. 

regardless, it's a Keeper league -- so even though i gave up like 10 years of Julio Jones I'm totally fine getting like 2 or 3 years of Peyton Manning. 

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
the upside though is he gets to play Oakland another time and San Diego twice. 

Jacksonville & Washington

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Julio Jones may be out for the year. 

That Jones & Murray trade for Peyton = Gold. 

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I have two options at the Flex:

James Jones versus Baltimore
Terrance Williams versus Washington (with Miles Austin coming back)

If Miles was out again, it'd be an easier call.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
#2 receivers have had a field day against the Redskins all season, with exception to the Eagles, who just ran the ball all over them.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Those are your flex options??

My flex options (or competition for #3 WR in my league since there is no flex) is between Torrey Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, & Kenbrell Thompkins lol

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

My flex options (or competition for #3 WR in my league since there is no flex) is between Torrey Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, & Kenbrell Thompkins lol
How is that considered a competition? 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
_NV™ said:
How is that considered a competition?
because I have 2 WRs who lead their teams in targets, and all three are the top red zone threats

I'm starting Torrey, but to say I'd start Fitzy wouldn't be that ridiculous at all. And KT, aside for last week, has been filthy. He put up great numbers for me versus ATL

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

I usually play Jones at Flex because he gets a lot of TDs. I have Thompkins, too, but he's burned me quite a few times so I try to play him by matchup.

I'm tempted to start Williams but if Austin gets #2 snaps, I'm worried that Terrance won't have any significant production.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
because I have 2 WRs who lead their teams in targets, and all three are the top red zone threats

I'm starting Torrey, but to say I'd start Fitzy wouldn't be that ridiculous at all. And KT, aside for last week, has been filthy. He put up great numbers for me versus ATL
The only WR with more receiving yards than Smith is Julio..

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Should I go with Brandon Jacobs, Tony Gonzalez, or Eric Decker at flex?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%