NFL 2010 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not a huge deal, cause it might be true. Plus we don't need him.

Mooche

Reaction score
The Steelers bringing in Adams is going to be kind of interesting. Funny to see those Cowboys-to-Steelers transitions of players and vice-versa. A huge huge change.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DRE BLY RETURNS TO DETROIT ON A 2 YEAR DEAL!
Lions fans are so happy about this lol.

Him, Houston, and Spievey will make a nice CB core.

Mooche

Reaction score
Dre Bly will be a nice little addition for this season. Spievey could be one hell of a CB in the future, it's nice to see that he'll be able to learn from a veteran like Bly.

zooz

Banned
Reaction score
DRE BLY RETURNS TO DETROIT ON A 2 YEAR DEAL!
Lions fans are so happy about this lol.

Him, Houston, and Spievey will make a nice CB core.
"lol" indeed. When you fans get happy about Dre Bly and Chris Houston I feel sorry for you.

Mooche

Reaction score
Uhm, the Ravens secondary isn't exactly "premier" by any means either.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
zoo = mafiamike.
Banned, c'mon Mike..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's a personal friend on me and sheed.
Basically joins to cause problems.
I banned both of his accounts and IP.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dre Bly was good for part of his first season in a Lions' uniform. He's lost a step over the past couple seasons, kinda washed up, and nothing I would get too excited about.

Either way, a pair of orange highway cones in the secondary would be an upgrade over what the Lions had last season.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Basically excited cause he was a fan favorite and all Lions fans loved him.

Mooche

Reaction score
He's a personal friend on me and sheed.
Basically joins to cause problems.
I banned both of his accounts and IP.
Ah, I gotcha. I have no use for people like that. Nothing better to do than just cause problems. GTFO.

The Broncos are still very much in the mix for former Cowboys offensive tackle Flozell Adams according to Hunter Ansley of FOXSportsSouthwest.com.

Adams visited the Steelers on Tuesday. It seems the Steelers got the impression that Adams isn’t ready to make a decision on where he’ll sign. That’s not exactly rocket science considering Adams has already visited Denver and is rumored to have caught the eye of at least two other teams.

Flozell was in line to receive upwards of $7 million from Dallas before his release earlier in the offseason, and is apparently asking for at least $4 million from his new team.
Steelers aren't the only team who might be looking at Adams.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
3rd July, 2010 - 10:49 am
NFL.com - Lions rookie Tim Toone, the last pick in April's NFL Draft, made television history on Friday by signing his first contract live on the air with "NFL Total Access."

Host Rich Eisen oversaw the process.

Toone and his family were wrapping up their celebration of Irrelevant Week with a visit to NFL Network studios in Los Angeles, and he had his Lowsman Trophy and Lions No. 255 jersey with him.

im pretty pumped about dre, too. this though i dont care about, just wanted to post. lol

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Toone is a <Censored>ing G.

Reaction score
I really like what Detroit is doing. If they can keep drafting well and developing those rookies, they can be a force in a couple years.

Mooche

Reaction score
There have been talks about a breakdown between the Patriots' front office and Tom Brady this offseason although many think a deal will eventually get done.

Last summer, Eli Manning and Philip Rivers got deals with nearly $40 million guaranteed, and so it stands to reason that Brady and the elder Manning brother could demand somewhere between $40 million and $50 million in guaranteed dollars on new long-term deals.

Now, consider that Brady’s set to make just $3.5 million in 2010, and you can understand just how much he’s putting on the line by playing out his old contract and putting his body at risk through 16 regular-season games, plus potential playoff games. You figure, through the numbers above, it could be up to $37.5-47.5 million.

You have to think somewhere along the line, if Brady’s assuming that kind of enormous risk, the club would have to also. Here it is – the longer you go without getting Brady done, the higher his pricetag rises.
There are factors at work related to the CBA. The 30-percent rule shouldn’t stop a deal, but does limit how it can be structured. An extension signed now, too, can’t have bonus money spread out (option, roster bonuses can’t be used in these cases), which means, for both Manning and Brady, one, big, lump-sum signing bonus might be necessary to get the guaranteed dollars in order. That, of course, raises the risk that the team could be penalized, retroactively, if the cap returns in 2011 for a deal down now.

This morning in the Boston Globe, Albert Breer reports Brady is now eight months away from unrestricted free agency. A 2011 franchise tagging seems to become a more likely scenario with each passing day.
---

Kind of a neat article talking about Brady and the possibility of him being franchised. The fact he is set to make only 3.5 million this year. I was shocked at that.

Mooche

Reaction score
The Chargers are not actively shopping Vincent Jackson nor are they interested in dealing him, a source tells ESPN's Adam Schefter.
It's possible the Chargers are just trying to play hardball in the media here, but GM A.J. Smith isn't one to mess around and Schefter isn't a guy that gets played. Despite both a three-game suspension and a nasty holdout looming, the Chargers appear prepared to go down with the ship here. The pressure is now squarely on Jackson to blink first in this poker game. Jul. 5 - 10:05 am et
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
---

Well hopefully this is a false rumor and like the article says the Chargers are just trying to get the media off their back. Regardless, I would love to see him off San Diego.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Who the hell does Rivers have to throw too next season anymore?

Mooche

Reaction score
Well, Malcolm Floyd, Gates. They still have a few options I guess, but really, that team is going down hill.....and fast. Vincent Jackson means a hell of a lot to that team. He demands your No. 1 corner which can open up the middle of the field and do wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%