NFL 2010 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooche

Reaction score
According to Profootballtalk.com, unsigned restricted free agent LT Jammal Brown will not require a contract extension as a condition of Saturday's trade to the Redskins.
Brown did his RFA tender of $3.619 million as part of the trade, and extension talks may begin down the line. The Saints' compensation hinges on the Donovan McNabb trade. If McNabb makes the Pro Bowl, or the Redskins win nine games or make the playoffs, the Eagles receive a third-round pick and the Saints get a fourth. If none of those happen, the Eagles will get the fourth-round pick and the Saints get the third-rounder. New Orleans will also send a conditional late-round pick back to the Washington while the Redskins owe the Saints a 2012 sixth-rounder if Brown makes the Pro Bowl plays 90 percent of the snaps in 2010. Jun. 19 - 5:37 pm et
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
---

Really damn mad, I knew it wouldn't happen, but I wanted to see Brown in a Colts uni. He is one hell of a LT, easily one of the premier in the league. Huge loss for the Saints.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
---

Really damn mad, I knew it wouldn't happen, but I wanted to see Brown in a Colts uni. He is one hell of a LT, easily one of the premier in the league. Huge loss for the Saints.
Not really. The Saints viewed Jammal as damaged goods. A left tackle who's about to be on the wrong side of 30, has chronic knee issues along with sports hernias and hip issues. Hasn't played football in a VERY long time. The Saints liked what they saw in Jermon Bushrod this season and had their mind set on him being the starter this season.

Mooche

Reaction score
Bushrod appeared to be pretty solid. However, Brown is an experienced guy and overall I think he will be able to help out the Redskins. I liked him for a long time. He was a pillar for the Saints and overall anchored that line pretty damn well.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
MLive.com - The Lions haven't completely closed the door on the possibility of signing free-agent safety O.J. Atogwe.

"I think we'll just leave it with what we said before. Every chance we have to improve the team, we'll explore. Let's leave it there," Detroit coach Jim Schwartz said.

Mooche

Reaction score
Rams re-signed safety O.J. Atogwe to a five-year contract.
Freedom proved to be overrated. The Rams always wanted Atogwe more than any other team, and it took an uneventful three week tour of free agency for Atogwe to find out. The 29-year-old isn't a huge difference maker, but he's still the best player in the Rams secondary. Jun. 23 - 1:27 pm et

---

Good job by the Rams getting back O.J - guy is one hell of a player and it was a very good signing overall to get him back. A lot of teams had major interest in picking him up, such as Pugz said the Lions might have looked at him a lot, but this was the case for other teams as well.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Otagwe is so underrated. He needed to get out of St. Louis, as does Jackson.

Bradford will be a bust, but will go unnoticed because of where he's playing.

Mooche

Reaction score
Otagwe is so underrated. He needed to get out of St. Louis, as does Jackson.

Bradford will be a bust, but will go unnoticed because of where he's playing.
I fail to see how a first overall pick will be a bust -- and it won't be noticed. If Bradford does bust man, it will be noticed. :p

Otagwe needed to sure as hell get out of there, I would have liked to have seen him on a team that is young and contend, he could have put them over the top in the secondary.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Really wanted him, that's a bit of a downer.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
so not only do we have the Sean Payton/Jerry Jones Wine incident, but now Miles Austin is with Kim Kardashian

lol

Thanksgiving day is going to be fun...

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I fail to see how a first overall pick will be a bust -- and it won't be noticed. If Bradford does bust man, it will be noticed. :p

Otagwe needed to sure as hell get out of there, I would have liked to have seen him on a team that is young and contend, he could have put them over the top in the secondary.
OK, want me to point out some high draft choices who haven't done <Censored> and we don't really remember them?

Vernon Gholston; drafted sixth overall, three games started in two seasons, 30 tackles
Glenn Dorsey; drafted fifth overall; 29 games started, two sacks
Troy Williamson; drafted seventh overall, 24 games started, four touchdowns
Cadillac Williams; drafted fifth overall, 48 games startes, four major knee surgeries
Mike WIlliams; drafted tenth overall, six games started, two touchdowns
Michael Clayton; drafted 15th overall, too many games started, 10 touchdowns
Gaines Adams; SMH

Those are all basically busts, that we never hear-or-think about.

David Carr, Alex Smith, I mean does anyone think about them that much anymore? No. They're seemingly forgotten.

And that's Bradfords' future.

Mooche

Reaction score
OK, want me to point out some high draft choices who haven't done <Censored> and we don't really remember them?

Vernon Gholston; drafted sixth overall, three games started in two seasons, 30 tackles
Cadillac Williams; drafted fifth overall, 48 games startes, four major knee surgeries
Gaines Adams; SMH

David Carr, Alex Smith, I mean does anyone think about them that much anymore? No. They're seemingly forgotten.

<_____< Read how I posted "1st overall picks". Alex Smith will always be remembered, I don't know how you can say that. A lot of people can't forget the hype that was surrounding him coming out of college.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score

Gaines Adams; SMH

i remember all of them and i bring them up alot.

jrebelsb12

Reaction score
i sure hope the texans can sign a defensive player or two , like carlos rogers, barrett ruud, thomas howard, or someone like antoine bethea, who knows tho.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
<___<

Barrett will stay in Tampa.

Mooche

Reaction score
Bethea got locked up by the Colts like two weeks ago. He isn't going anywhere my man. He's such an asset for the Colts in the secondary, so underrated.

Mooche

Reaction score
NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that Steelers RT Willie Colon expects to undergo season-ending Achilles' surgery on Wednesday.
Colon is the Steelers' best lineman, so this is a very tough loss for Rashard Mendenhall, immobile fill-in QB Byron Leftwich, and Ben Roethlisberger once he returns from suspension. Pittsburgh's most likely Week 1 front-five lineup now probably would have Trai Essex moving from guard to right tackle, Max Starks staying on the left side, and Maurkice Pouncey, Justin Hartwig, and Chris Kemoeatu on the interior. What once appeared to be a revamped and potentially promising group for 2010 has taken a significant blow. Jun. 28 - 3:40 pm et

---

Never been high on Colon honestly. He has been nothing but a nuisance for the Steelers' offense, jumping off-side and taking dumb penalties. However, they will for sure have some problems with their depth.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They brought in Flozell Adams though, for a meeting ;)

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jason La Canfora/NFL Netwotk (via Twitter) - The Lions won't make a play for Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, according to Jason La Canfora.

Detroit doesn't want Haynesworth to have a negative influence on rookie Ndamukong Suh.

"Lions no longer mulling any trade for Albert Haynesworth. Have determined he'd be a possible negative influence on Suh," La Canfora wrote on his Twitter page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%