Newest Mock Draft

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hate Ponder.

Before the mythical combine, he probably wouldn't even be looked at before the third round.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ponder isn't a sure-fire first rounder. The only way I can see him being taken in the 1st is if a team trades up into one of the last 10 picks in the 1st, say the Pats trade their 28th pick to a team that missed out on Gabbert/Newton and likes Ponder and trades their 2nd and a future pick or something like that.

TTN2810

Reaction score
How much have you watched on him though? I'm guessing a lot since you're in the area, but I've now watched 3 games, and I've come away very impressed with all of the games. His arm is now completely healed, so that won't be an issue moving forward.

And something interesting I've read is that multiple teams have moved him in front of Cam Newton on their boards.
Does that mean he could be picked as early as 12 to Minnesota? Who knows right now.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
How much have you watched on him though? I'm guessing a lot since you're in the area, but I've now watched 3 games, and I've come away very impressed with all of the games. His arm is now completely healed, so that won't be an issue moving forward.

And something interesting I've read is that multiple teams have moved him in front of Cam Newton on their boards.
Does that mean he could be picked as early as 12 to Minnesota? Who knows right now.
Not trying to fight or anything, but you must get a boner when talking Vikings-QB's.

TTN2810

Reaction score
lol
That's all you talk about: sucking dicks, boners, you sure you aren't obsessed?

And bro, that's all you say because you can't back anything up you say with football knowledge. So, you make crappy insults about the one topic you clearly spend so much time studying.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
lol
That's all you talk about: sucking dicks, boners, you sure you aren't obsessed?

And bro, that's all you say because you can't back anything up you say with football knowledge. So, you make crappy insults about the one topic you clearly spend so much time studying.
Like I said I am not trying to fight. I made no insults. You just talk more about the Vikings then the Titans.

TTN2810

Reaction score
lol okay.
I talked about the Vikings once, because you were way off, and then I wasn't even talking about them now. I said that's possibly how early Ponder could go, because they are the lowest team in the position to take him. God.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Lets just say if we draft Newton.... It'll probably be best if I'm not on this forum at that time... I do NOT want Cam Newton and I hear the Bengals are sold on A.J. Green in the first round, we'll see if that happens or if it's true, time will tell. Gruden likes WR's like Green. We need a quarterback though, we have to do something. I think it will be a second round QB, not sure which one though.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Could possibly get Mallet or Dalton, possibly Ponder there.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Could possibly get Mallet or Dalton, possibly Ponder there.
Mallett is worse yet. That will be even worse than Newton. Anyone but Newton & Mallett, please. I can't be too picky, but I'd prefer Newton over Mallett, better yet, neither. I've never been this confused, hard saying what we will do.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Newton turns out...he could be real good for them. Same goes for Mallet though.

Mooche

Reaction score
Lets just say if we draft Newton.... It'll probably be best if I'm not on this forum at that time... I do NOT want Cam Newton and I hear the Bengals are sold on A.J. Green in the first round, we'll see if that happens or if it's true, time will tell. Gruden likes WR's like Green. We need a quarterback though, we have to do something. I think it will be a second round QB, not sure which one though.
I don't see you guys passing on Blaine if he is there at number four. You will for sure have AJ on your radar, as he is a great value pick and a future for the Bengals after moving ahead from Ocho, but still, I don't see you guys not making a play on Blaine if he is there.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I don't see you guys passing on Blaine if he is there at number four. You will for sure have AJ on your radar, as he is a great value pick and a future for the Bengals after moving ahead from Ocho, but still, I don't see you guys not making a play on Blaine if he is there.
I would accept Blaine, I'm just not sure he will be there at #4.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Cam or Mallett both wouldn't be fits.
With your offense, Dalton or Ponder would excel. Mallett is too inconsistent and slow for an offense like that.

As for Dalton:
With ESPN's Trent Dilfer guaranteeing that Dalton will go in the first round, momentum is working in the two-time Mountain West Offensive Player of the Year's favor. Citing NFL insiders, Pauline reports that Dalton probably "will be off the board" by the 40th overall pick in the draft. It sounds like a team could strongly consider trading back into the first round for Dalton.
You guys would be lucky to get this guy. I love his game.

Mooche

Reaction score
Cam or Mallett both wouldn't be fits.
With your offense, Dalton or Ponder would excel. Mallett is too inconsistent and slow for an offense like that.

As for Dalton:

You guys would be lucky to get this guy. I love his game.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

You know I respect Andy Dalton and I really like his game, but he is not a first round talent. He doesn't have extraordinary talents and physical tools that can set him apart. He does everything well, but not exceptional and that's not a first round talent in my eyes.

He's a winner, and I hope he gets a chance to start in the NFL down the line soon.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ponder stares down his receivers way too much. I noticed on several 20+ yard passes where he probably could have completed the pass if he looked off the safety, or if he had enough arm strength to zip the ball in there, he could have just forced it past the defender.

Best case scenario, I see him becoming a more mobile Chad Pennington. Nothing more, nothing less.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Ponder stares down his receivers way too much. I noticed on several 20+ yard passes where he probably could have completed the pass if he looked off the safety, or if he had enough arm strength to zip the ball in there, he could have just forced it past the defender.

Best case scenario, I see him becoming a more mobile Chad Pennington. Nothing more, nothing less.
Don't forget his elbow was hurt almost all year.
Watching his Junior tape, I cam away impressed with the throws he was making in tight holes.

And the staring down can be taught. Lots of QB's do that, some even in the NFL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%