Newest Mock Draft

TTN2810

Reaction score
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

You know I respect Andy Dalton and I really like his game, but he is not a first round talent. He doesn't have extraordinary talents and physical tools that can set him apart. He does everything well, but not exceptional and that's not a first round talent in my eyes.

He's a winner, and I hope he gets a chance to start in the NFL down the line soon.
I know all that aha.
I just agree with the quote, he'll be gone by 40.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't forget his elbow was hurt almost all year.
Watching his Junior tape, I cam away impressed with the throws he was making in tight holes.

And the staring down can be taught. Lots of QB's do that, some even in the NFL.
He's always had below average arm strength though. And shit, a couple of his best games came after he got hurt lol. I don't buy the elbow thing.

One game in particular that I keyed on when I was watching film was the Oklahoma game considering that was the best team they played all year. He was flat out abysmal. He struggled against every team he played that had an above average secondary. UVA, Oklahoma, Clemson in 09.

IDK. I just don't see the hype from game film. He can look as great as he wants in shorts, but that doesn't necessarily translate to the football field.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've talked him down so much at this point that I won't even be able to accept it if he does have success in the NFL.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mike Mayock: "Julio Jones is a more natural West Coast receiver than A.J. Green. It wouldn't surprise me if CLE or CIN took Jones."
Heh... So I guess it wouldn't bee too far out of the question.

Mooche

Reaction score
Heh... So I guess it wouldn't bee too far out of the question.
I disagree with Mayock huge. What does the west coast offense consist of? A lot of short passes, and quick timing patterns. I like AJ better for that kind of offense too... Why? I find his hands much more consistent. Julio has had some issues, and even though he's more physical in the short passing game I'd prefer AJ in this scenario.

It's not even a 1A) to 1B) type of comparison with them. It's a number one, with AJ and a number two with Julio.

Reaction score
I'd take Green over Julio any day of the week. Green has better hands, better route running, and I just think he's a better football player. Don't let stupid ass combine times fool you...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Everyone knew that Julio was a better athlete going into the combine. It shouldn't have surprised anyone to see him get the best of AJ, but AJ is a better football player and will go before him, no doubt about it.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I disagree with Mayock huge. What does the west coast offense consist of? A lot of short passes, and quick timing patterns. I like AJ better for that kind of offense too... Why? I find his hands much more consistent. Julio has had some issues, and even though he's more physical in the short passing game I'd prefer AJ in this scenario.

It's not even a 1A) to 1B) type of comparison with them. It's a number one, with AJ and a number two with Julio.
Jones has more bulk and works better in traffic than Green, which is where the "better in WCO" may come from.

The gap between the two isn't as great as some of you make it seem. I agree that Green is the better prospect, but it's not by a lot.

Mooche

Reaction score
Jones has more bulk and works better in traffic than Green, which is where the "better in WCO" may come from.

The gap between the two isn't as great as some of you make it seem. I agree that Green is the better prospect, but it's not by a lot.
I think it is by a fair amount for sure. A.J is easily the best talent to come out since Calvin, and with saying that, some people say he is even better than what Calvin was. I disagree with that, but he's fucking insane.

Julio does things well, and he's going to be a darn good WR in this league given he gets in a good system and works early. A.J is going to be a superstar, and he's going to have the impact that a Larry Fitzgerald has on a game when he can just take it absolutely over.

Reaction score
I think Julio is gonna suck in the NFL. Rub it in if I am wrong, but I truly believe that. Green will have the better career easily.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And that's fine... I respect everyones opinion. I'd just like to know exactly what it is that makes the gap so significant between the two.

Neither are elite route runners, both are physical at the point of attack, Jones has the advantage in elusiveness, Green has the hands advantage, Jones has the advantage in blocking. Green had the advantage in statistics, but played in a more pass happy offense than Jones.

Both are elite athletes... I'm just not quite sure what it is that makes Green leaps and bounds better than Jones.

(Again, I do agree that he's better... I just have yet to see why everyone feels he's exponentially better.)

TTN2810

Reaction score
What it comes down to for me is, if it's the end of the game, I need someone to make a catch, I trust Green more the Jones to do that.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I see Green #1 and Julio #2. Julio is good, he is a hard worker, and plays hurt. Green is a great receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%