NCAA March Madness Discussion Thread

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I understand that he is a watcher when it comes to defense...regardless of that there are teams that will take him purely off his offensive game. The fact that he can shoot lights out, and the fact that he can get to the hoop at will and either finish or draw the foul. Don't believe me...fine. Just wait til the NBA draft when he'll be selected somewhere around 15 still.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jimmer ain't getting to the rim at will in the NBA man. He also ain't gonna be allowed to chuck up 20 shots from 30+ feet.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nah but he'll throw up 3s, and some will drop. And I think he can get to the rim in the NBA...guy isn't quick, but you don't have to be quick to get to the rim...everbody knows that.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nah but he'll throw up 3s, and some will drop. And I think he can get to the rim in the NBA...guy isn't quick, but you don't have to be quick to get to the rim...everbody knows that.
He'll be nothing more than a potential role player in the NBA, end of discussion. LOL

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I don't see him ever being more than a role player. 6th man of the year would be his ceiling most likely IMO.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
You act like Jimmer is this historic shooter though... no. It's not like Redick coming into the league where he is this amazing one-dimensional jump-shooter. Freddette is a good shooter, not nearly on Redick's level. Not to mention he cannot play defense, that will get him nowhere in the league pretty quickly. Like I've been saying, "The Jimmer Show - Coming to an NBA Bench Near you".

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well duh...not like he's gonna come right in and start. No one is saying he's gonna start lol.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm tired of seeing some garbage ass team get hot from behind the 3 and taking out a legit team...

And yes..I'm bitter as fuck we lost to VCU...but I really want the charge circle (shoutout to duke)....a farther 3 point line and no more one and dones...( Im looking at you Josh Selby and Jereme Richmond)
A reduced shot clock would help give the top teams more time to win the game too. Maybe we aren't stuck with a terrible Championship game.

Didn't think of the half circle, but YES!

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Well duh...not like he's gonna come right in and start. No one is saying he's gonna start lol.
I'm saying he's never going to be a starter in the NBA (as in full-time).

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think so either lol. But he can be a good guy off the bench to score some points.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If there's anybody that was talked about in this thread that's never going to be heard from again it's Jereme Richmond. Dude is not even close to NBA ready. Have a nice career in Europe!

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
He's not going to see the court unless he improves eveyr aspect of his game.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
LOL you can't be serious...who does LeBron have around him??? Now who does Fredette have???? Exactly. BYU COULD NOT afford him to be in foul trouble. If he would have ever gotten in foul trouble it would have been an automatic loss, even to teams like Wyoming. I know Jimmer sucks at defense, everyone knows that, but you have to admit he never really even tried to defend anyone either. So who knows what he is capable of defensively...but it will probably take him a while to change his habit of watching.

On Jimmer: Then there's Fredette, the BYU senior who led the nation in scoring and who put up 52 in the Mountain West semifinal. There is no question about Fredette's ability to put the ball in the basket. His range is unlimited and his ability to create his own shot will make him dangerous, no matter who's guarding him. He's much better than the likes of Travis Diener and Bryce Drew, other scoring guards who've been compared to him.
"Not only can he shoot it, he can get it off under duress," one general manager said of Fredette. "He splits traps. Nice assist totals. He's got vision. He's a very productive player. You can make the argument that he's a high volume shooter, but I would be surprised if he just washes away. I'm not saying he's a star, a max player, but I think he'll find a niche in the league and be successful, like Kyle Korver and J.J. Redick. He'll be on the ball. You could slide him over. Especially if he gets on a good team and he's with guys who draw double teams in the frontcourt. He's going to create some dilemmas for teams."
Said a Central Division man: "I don't know if he's good enough to go (in the Lottery) or not. But having said that, he could play for us right now, because he could score. He's probably going to be a guard that comes off the bench and makes things happen."

More Kyle Korver than Eddie House? Scouts are spilt on who Jimmer Fredette will play like as a pro.
Streeter Lecka/Getty Images
Fredette's issue is defense. He doesn't play any. It's not just that he's garden variety bad; he's historically bad, according to a lot of scouts.
Larry Bird's scouting reports don't count ;)

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If there's anybody that was talked about in this thread that's never going to be heard from again it's Jereme Richmond. Dude is not even close to NBA ready. Have a nice career in Europe!
Who? lol

Seems like lots of guys are gonna go back to school.

Also CC isn't Nolan Smith more of a SG than PG?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
He's more of a scorer than he is a distributor but the guy played admirably as the PG this season for Duke. Walker, Fredette, Smith - none of these guys were true point guards.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alright I was wondering cause on like NBA.com they were doing the top PGs and Nolan was on there...and I was like isn't he a SG?

Yeah Walker, Smith, and Fredette it'll be interesting to see how they make the adjustment.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Lol I like how you completely change the subject. One time to reiterate, and then I'm done with it. Jimmer = overrated. Maybe the most overrated college player ever.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol I like how you completely change the subject. One time to reiterate, and then I'm done with it. Jimmer = overrated. Maybe the most overrated college player ever.
lol I don't think so...not even close. He OWNED fools in college! OWNED. How can he be over rated if he killed teams night in and night out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%