NCAA March Madness Discussion Thread

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
they wont let him

he averages 20.7 FG attempted per game....

21 shots a game! are you serious! he takes 21 shots a game, 7 FT's attempted a game, and ONLY averages 28 points a game! REALLY?! that's atrocious!

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You're completely dodging half of the points I'm making. I don't know if you're blind or you just know that I'm right. Look at what Florida did against BYU. Shut down their other four guys, let Jimmer get his 30, but just make him take 25+ shots to do it. And the gameplan worked perfectly. To say that not getting in foul trouble is an excuse for not playing defense is ridiculous. In the NBA, Erik Spoelstra doesn't tell LeBron James to not play defense. If you're a good player, you can defend without fouling. 2.7 RPG in three tournament games is beyond pathetic, he didn't even try to rebound the ball.

As for Redick, here is his scouting report:

+ Excellent outside shooter who has become more comfortable driving to basket.

+ Good passer, especially feeding post; skill at drawing fouls offsets poor elevation.

+ Great at chasing opponents through screens but average defending on ball.

Freddette is a GOOD outside shooter (nowhere near on Redick's level). He can drive to the basket against the sisters of the poor, but there is no way he will be able to in the NBA. He is a TERRIBLE defender. Redick is a consumate example of a player who has worked hard for everything he has in the NBA. If Fredette wants to be anything like Redick, he's going to have to start working damn hard, or else he'll be out of the league in two years.
LOL you can't be serious...who does LeBron have around him??? Now who does Fredette have???? Exactly. BYU COULD NOT afford him to be in foul trouble. If he would have ever gotten in foul trouble it would have been an automatic loss, even to teams like Wyoming. I know Jimmer sucks at defense, everyone knows that, but you have to admit he never really even tried to defend anyone either. So who knows what he is capable of defensively...but it will probably take him a while to change his habit of watching.

On Jimmer: Then there's Fredette, the BYU senior who led the nation in scoring and who put up 52 in the Mountain West semifinal. There is no question about Fredette's ability to put the ball in the basket. His range is unlimited and his ability to create his own shot will make him dangerous, no matter who's guarding him. He's much better than the likes of Travis Diener and Bryce Drew, other scoring guards who've been compared to him.
"Not only can he shoot it, he can get it off under duress," one general manager said of Fredette. "He splits traps. Nice assist totals. He's got vision. He's a very productive player. You can make the argument that he's a high volume shooter, but I would be surprised if he just washes away. I'm not saying he's a star, a max player, but I think he'll find a niche in the league and be successful, like Kyle Korver and J.J. Redick. He'll be on the ball. You could slide him over. Especially if he gets on a good team and he's with guys who draw double teams in the frontcourt. He's going to create some dilemmas for teams."
Said a Central Division man: "I don't know if he's good enough to go (in the Lottery) or not. But having said that, he could play for us right now, because he could score. He's probably going to be a guard that comes off the bench and makes things happen."

More Kyle Korver than Eddie House? Scouts are spilt on who Jimmer Fredette will play like as a pro.
Streeter Lecka/Getty Images
Fredette's issue is defense. He doesn't play any. It's not just that he's garden variety bad; he's historically bad, according to a lot of scouts.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
"Fredette's issue is defense. He doesn't play any. It's not just that he's garden variety bad; he's historically bad, according to a lot of scouts."

LOL as if I need to say anything more than that. Fine, I get your arguement about the Heat, but LeBron James didn't do that on the Cavaliers either; he was still an all-League defender. If a coach tells a player "not to play defense" in order to avoid foul trouble, it means that said player can not defend without fouling, which would in turn make him a bad defender.

Anyways, like I said, Redick in college was a far better shooter than Fredette. Not only that, Redick didn't chuck up shots like Jimmer did (I know you will say Jimmer had to, but no he didn't, BYU had plenty of shooter whom Jimmer could have created for). And Redick as "just a shooter" didn't make it in the NBA, he had to improve every aspect of his game to make it as an everyday player.

Jimmer was a historical chucker, that's about it. The people who compared him to Curry fail to realize Curry was a MUCH better shooter AND ballhandler than Fredette.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lot of anger in this thread

I fucks with Jimmer's Game

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Here are his season averages: FGs: 9.4 FGAs: 20.7 FG%: 45.2 2PtFGs6.0 2PtFGAs: 12.2 2PtFG%: 49.1 3Pt: 3.4 3PtA: 8.5 3Pt%: 39.6

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jimmer-Fredette-5810/stats/#ixzz1Ii0rNLcS
http://www.draftexpress.com

thats not bad percentages...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol I responded to you by posting his actual stats CC. Thought you would of caught that.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Nowhere in my last post did I mention his stats. Even if I did, congrats, he can score 30 points a game agaisnt my high school.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And against Florida and San Diego State...and every other team he played.

You said he was a chucker...to me a chucker is a person that takes a lot of horrible shots and misses. With those stats and percentages....he's not a chucker in my book.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
And against Florida and San Diego State...and every other team he played.

You said he was a chucker...to me a chucker is a person that takes a lot of horrible shots and misses. With those stats and percentages....he's not a chucker in my book.
LOL stop acting like he had a good game against Florida, he played terribly. "to me a chucker is a person that takes a lot of horrible shots and misses." Jimmer didn't do this? Look at some of the shots he took.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL stop acting like he had a good game against Florida, he played terribly. "to me a chucker is a person that takes a lot of horrible shots and misses." Jimmer didn't do this? Look at some of the shots he took.
I wouldn't call it horrible. I'd say the rest of the team had horrible nights. Jimmer hit a huge shot to send it to OT. They were in the game the entire time til OT, and not because of everyone else...cause of Jimmer. OT he did not play well though.

But whatever you can say he's crap all you want...I just don't think he is crap.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But if this was Kobe it would be a whole different story.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
No I just don't get why you act like it's an accomplishment to "drop 30" if you're taking 29 shots to get there. Jimmer was absolutely exposed in the tournament on all aspects of his game. He is a GOOD (not great) shooter with a lot of range. On the downside, he is a gunner, and he can shoot you into a game just as easily as he can shoot you out of one. Defensively he is horrid. Any team taking him with a top 15 pick (as he was labeled before the tournament) would be making a HUGE mistake.

Like I said, people tried to compare Jimmer to Stephen Curry. Curry was a MUCH better shooter than Jimmer, and also a much better playmaker. Freddette will never be as good as Curry in the NBA.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CC is right DJT.

And the whole not playing defense because they don't want him to get in foul trouble is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. You get 5 fouls... You can play some god damn defense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%