NCAA March Madness Discussion Thread

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hitting 3's isn't that hard lol, especially from college range. In practice yes, but in a game situation in an NCAA game no he wouldn't be hitting them with ease lol.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Hitting 3's isn't that hard lol, especially from college range. In practice yes, but in a game situation in an NCAA game no he wouldn't be hitting them with ease lol.
well obviously not in game, i thought that was understood. nobody except for Redick hit 3's in college with ease

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats his overall FG %

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
No that was his three point percentage in the tournament. Don't anyone dare compare him to Redick, arguably the best shooter in NCAA History.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
yeah im with CC here, i dont know why there was so much Jimmer love here?

he was good, but not great. he played in the mountain west, and didnt go that far this year in the tourney.

Kemba played in the Big East, which had the most teams from their conference in the Tourney, and led them to a title.

IMO Kemba>Jimmer, even without the bias

Derrick Williams>Jimmer too

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
yeah im with CC here, i dont know why there was so much Jimmer love here?

he was good, but not great. he played in the mountain west, and didnt go that far this year in the tourney.

Kemba played in the Big East, which had the most teams from their conference in the Tourney, and led them to a title.

IMO Kemba>Jimmer, even without the bias

Derrick Williams>Jimmer too
The two best guards in the country this year were Kemba Walker and Nolan Smith. There were plenty of flaws with Kemba: he took bad shots at times, wasn't a true point guard, etc. But what he did with that team was remarkable, he carried them. And Nolan Smith was the best overall player in the country according to many (as in offensive and defensive combined). Dude was a 20-5 guy on the offensive side of the ball and a lock-down defender. Jimmer was just a folk legend who people admired because of his weird name and his knack for hitting long threes on occassion. He was absolutely exposed in the tournament when he wasn't playing against Air Force and Wyoming every game.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But Jimmer > Williams and Kemba at the jump shot.

Exposed??? lol he still averaged like 28ppg or somewhere around there. He exposed that no one can stop him.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
But Jimmer > Williams and Kemba at the jump shot.

Exposed??? lol he still averaged like 28ppg or somewhere around there. He exposed that no one can stop him.
Okay? What does this mean in the grand scheme of things. If you break it down, Jimmer was simply a gunner, and didn't help his team anymore than that. In the words of Colin Cowherd, Jimmer was "allergic to defense", and "he never saw a rebound he liked". Heck if his name was simply Jim Fredette, he wouldn't have gotten half the hype he got. Coming to an NBA Bench near you.

LOL please don't even start with that bullshit. Jimmer was 11-29 (.379) and 3-15 (.200) against the only BCS conference team he played in the tournament. I don't care if he scores 32 points if he has to chuck 29 shots to get there. Face it, the dude was a gunner, and a highly overrated one at that. What is he going to do in the NBA when people actually play defense on him, and he's going to have to defend his position to play in the league? Answer: Sit on the bench.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol oh people didn't play defense on him...oh I didn't catch that. MORE like every team was doing all they could to stop him and they couldn't. TEAMs planned around him. And if his name was Jim, he'd be just as big. He is legend because of how he plays...not his funky name. :rolleyes: He didn't play defense cause the TEAM couldn't afford to have him in foul trouble. And he got rebounds.

So your saying he is gonna be like JJ, and just sit on the bench, then come in and be a gunner.

I honestly don't care about Colin whats his face, i've never heard of him and don't care what he has to say.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
And Williams actually did have a higher FG% than Jimmer...

awkward....

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL thats cause most of his shots were right next to the basket...thats normal for big guys to have bette FG %

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Redick was far better than Jimmer, and he averages 7ppg for the Magic. Expect BIG things from Fredette....

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jimmer would average more than that with just taking 5 shots a game.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
lol oh people didn't play defense on him...oh I didn't catch that. MORE like every team was doing all they could to stop him and they couldn't. TEAMs planned around him. And if his name was Jim, he'd be just as big. He is legend because of how he plays...not his funky name. :rolleyes: He didn't play defense cause the TEAM couldn't afford to have him in foul trouble. And he got rebounds.

So your saying he is gonna be like JJ, and just sit on the bench, then come in and be a gunner.
You're completely dodging half of the points I'm making. I don't know if you're blind or you just know that I'm right. Look at what Florida did against BYU. Shut down their other four guys, let Jimmer get his 30, but just make him take 25+ shots to do it. And the gameplan worked perfectly. To say that not getting in foul trouble is an excuse for not playing defense is ridiculous. In the NBA, Erik Spoelstra doesn't tell LeBron James to not play defense. If you're a good player, you can defend without fouling. 2.7 RPG in three tournament games is beyond pathetic, he didn't even try to rebound the ball.

As for Redick, here is his scouting report:

+ Excellent outside shooter who has become more comfortable driving to basket.

+ Good passer, especially feeding post; skill at drawing fouls offsets poor elevation.

+ Great at chasing opponents through screens but average defending on ball.

Freddette is a GOOD outside shooter (nowhere near on Redick's level). He can drive to the basket against the sisters of the poor, but there is no way he will be able to in the NBA. He is a TERRIBLE defender. Redick is a consumate example of a player who has worked hard for everything he has in the NBA. If Fredette wants to be anything like Redick, he's going to have to start working damn hard, or else he'll be out of the league in two years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%