John Hollinger's 2007-08 Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
Ok, so you have the Magic winning 49 games and the Warriors winning 36? LMFAO!!!

Trevor Ariza
Carlos Arroyo
James Augustine
Tony Battie
Keith Bogans
Keyon Dooling
Adonal Foyle
Pat Garrity
Marcin Gortat
Dwight Howard
Kevin Kruger
Rashard Lewis
Torrell Martin
Jameer Nelson
Bo Outlaw
J.J. Redick
Hedo Turkoglu
So you're telling me that team right there wins 49 games and leads the southeast division? LOL!!! That team is pretty much scrubs besides Howard, Nelson, and Lewis. No depth whatsoever yet they win 49?

Does anyone else agree with me?

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I will never underestimate the Warriors again. I say they get like a 6 spot in the playoffs to be honest.

Magic will be improved but won't win 49 games IMO, they didn't improve that much.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didn't read the whole thread, but am I the only person who agrees that the Rockets have a great chance at 1st place?
I agree
chemistry might be an issue though with James/Francis (lol first names as last names)

but if the Lakers dont get in the Finals(had to say it) then I say they do

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ok, so you have the Magic winning 49 games and the Warriors winning 36? LMFAO!!!
So you're telling me that team right there wins 49 games and leads the southeast division? LOL!!! That team is pretty much scrubs besides Howard, Nelson, and Lewis. No depth whatsoever yet they win 49?

Does anyone else agree with me?
i agree
oh and Rashard Lewis is hurt right now too...

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
SoM, do you fail to realize that Rashard Lewis was the biggest Free Agent acquisition of the offseason? He's quite a good scorer, and he's exactly what the Magic need to complement Howard. Add in Redick, who will get plenty of open shots off of Howard double teams, Nelson, who's decision making is improving, and Stan Van Gundy, who is a HUGE upgrade over Brian Hill, and the Magic are the best team in the Southeast.

Also, the Magic are better than the Warriors. Had the Warriors kept Jason Richardson, then I could see your arguement, but that was a dumb move that they made. Brandan Wright is nothing special, and all it leaves is a Shooting Guard by commitee. Whether it be Ellis, Jackson (going big), Pietrus, Belinelli, or Azubuike who starts for them at SG, none of them are going to be able to replace J-Rich. The Warriors are still the second best team in the Pacific division, but they're definetly not in the West's elite, and in my opinion they're NOT better than the Magic.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
To Yankees comment, I also think the Rockets do have a great chance at finishing first. The only thing they have been missing is a good point guard, and they sure got one in Steve Francis. I think Franchise will finally go back to his old ways in Houston, which will turn them into contenders. But the key for them is really staying healthy. Cause we have seen both T-Mac and Yao injuries, if they can manage to stay healthy they will be a scary team.

I sometimes wonder how the state of Texas has such beast teams. But a place like LA has two mediocre teams, you would just think LA would have the better teams eh?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SoM, do you fail to realize that Rashard Lewis was the biggest Free Agent acquisition of the offseason? He's quite a good scorer, and he's exactly what the Magic need to complement Howard. Add in Redick, who will get plenty of open shots off of Howard double teams, Nelson, who's decision making is improving, and Stan Van Gundy, who is a HUGE upgrade over Brian Hill, and the Magic are the best team in the Southeast.
I'm going to agree with ya there, but I don't think Lewis is the key to championship just yet (not that you said they are going to be a REAL contender). I think the last peice to the puzzle is an upgrade at the 2 spot. No disrepect to JJ, but I just can't see him getting the job done, they need a pure SG. You can't really rely on Turk either, but I guess we will see.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
JJ's going to give us plenty of good scoring, sure defensively we're not as good as we could be, but we have good defenders on the bench and we have Foyle (who is an average defender) and Howard who we can funnel driving guards into to get their shots contested/blocked. Neither Redick nor Nelson are bad defenders, the only thing that will really kill them is size...

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree Yankees. Dang this is weird, I used to never agree with you.

Anyways, the Hawks aren't going to win 40, maybe 34-37, but they don't have the scoring in the paint, they don't have the consistent PG, and they don't have the experience to make a huge run at the playoffs. And no Stunna Marvin Williams isn't a starter, unless you're planning on benching Horford for him or something. What a waste of a pick. Imagine where the Hawks would be right now if they had Chris Paul or Deron Williams...
Marvin is a starter look at our lineup for just abut all the games we've had in the preseason and last season Horford isn't goin to start that fast.Horford and Josh Smith got alot of scoring in the paint and as tall as most of the team is I think we can manage in the paint.Acie Law will be a consistent PG give it about 2 weeks.Horford isn't a waste of a pick he was the best option at the time and I gurantee you he does better than Shelden Williams

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Marvin Williams is a pretty sad excuse for a starting PF though.

And just because you're tall doesn't mean you'll manage in the paint. The team doesn't have enough talent to surpass at least three teams in the East...

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dude what are you talking about the Sonics are decent...

C - Kurt Thomas/Robert Swift
PF - Chris Wilcox
SF - Wally Szczerbiak/Jeff Green
SG - Kevin Durant/Delonte West
PG - Luke Ridnour

CC is that going to get them more then 25 wins in the west? be serious they couldnt win in Summer League they cant win in preseaon what will change in the REAL season?

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the Sonics are indeed decent. but they'll get about 30 wins IMO.

Yea the Sonics are decent.
Being DECENT, wont get you into the playoffs, in the Western Coference. And they arent good enough to win more then 25 games IMO..

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Since when does preseason matter? Going to the NFL, the Colts are like 2-12 in their last 14 preseason games, who cares? Once the regular season starts is what matters. Teams aren't good based off how they do in the preseason...

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
Can't wait for Foyle to start. LMAO!! Only thing he can do is turn the ball over and block shots. Oh, and miss wide open dunks.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Since when does preseason matter? Going to the NFL, the Colts are like 2-12 in their last 14 preseason games, who cares? Once the regular season starts is what matters. Teams aren't good based off how they do in the preseason...
Use common sense, they wont be anything in the West, they're main offensive threat is a rookie, and he will be the main focus of every teams defense every night, so he probably will average 20 PPG but he'll shoot about 33-34%. Who else is gonna step up? Wally? Wilcox? Collison? Ridnour? NONE of those guys are 20+per game scorers...the Sonics are in for a HORRIBLE season. Decent doesnt cut it in the West.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
How will Durant shoot 33%? Thats horribly bad. He'll shoot at least 42. Durant isn't just ANY rookie, he's a special kind of player. He'll go in and be an impact right away. Not ONE person needs to step up for a team to be good. Look at teams like the Utah Jazz, who have a roster mainly of role players. Durant, Wally, Wilcox, Swift, Thomas, Collison, West, Green, Ridnour, ... They are all good players and would start on most teams. They're definetly better than some of the other teams in that division; Portland and Minnesota are much worse. And I couldn't even name the last time a 3rd place team in a division only won 20 games. I don't know what you can't see in this team, they're definetly good for 32-35 wins. They'll be like the Hornets two years ago in Chris Paul's rookie year.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How will Durant shoot 33%? Thats horribly bad. He'll shoot at least 42. Durant isn't just ANY rookie, he's a special kind of player. He'll go in and be an impact right away. Not ONE person needs to step up for a team to be good. Look at teams like the Utah Jazz, who have a roster mainly of role players. Durant, Wally, Wilcox, Swift, Thomas, Collison, West, Green, Ridnour, ... They are all good players and would start on most teams. They're definetly better than some of the other teams in that division; Portland and Minnesota are much worse. And I couldn't even name the last time a 3rd place team in a division only won 20 games. I don't know what you can't see in this team, they're definetly good for 32-35 wins. They'll be like the Hornets two years ago in Chris Paul's rookie year.

I say he will shoot so bad b/c he is basically Seattles only REAL scoring threat you cant depend on anybody else on that team to score as much and as consistently as Durant, so he will bear the load, and take ALOT of shots and miss ALOT of shots. I think he will be very impressive but you know its hard for a rookie to carry a team offensively.

As for Utah they have a team w/ more then just role players, Boozer is an All-star, Williams is an up and coming guard. The Sonics dont have anyone like that, yes they have potential, but they arent "there" yet.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
But they're good enough for AT LEAST 32 wins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%