John Hollinger's 2007-08 Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow. I stopped reading after seeing him putting the Rockets at 61-21.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Is there anything gayer then ESPN Insider when you can get the same information for free on another site?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Who said the youth is a good thing? If they fail to perform, Saunders will have to play the starters more, tire them out, and they'll lose early in the postseason.

Kept, I don't know about you, but I have absolutely no problem with having the Rockets where they are. The Spurs are a playoff team, meaning they're a team that does what they can to get into the regular season then hits the clutch in the playoffs.

The Rockets biggest problem in the last two years has been Alston, who has been turnover prone and inconsistent. The return of Mike James makes the team so much better.

As for the Mavs, I can't see them able to rebound from what happened last year. Sure, they're still a good team, but they can't be called the favorite after what happened...

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mavs won't have a disappointment. It's not like that thing against the Warriors was a total shock. I mean all year the Warriors were the one team that were able to pwn us, and unfortunatly for us we had to match up with them. If that was any other team we would have most likely won.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who said the youth is a good thing? If they fail to perform, Saunders will have to play the starters more, tire them out, and they'll lose early in the postseason.

Kept, I don't know about you, but I have absolutely no problem with having the Rockets where they are. The Spurs are a playoff team, meaning they're a team that does what they can to get into the regular season then hits the clutch in the playoffs.

The Rockets biggest problem in the last two years has been Alston, who has been turnover prone and inconsistent. The return of Mike James makes the team so much better.

As for the Mavs, I can't see them able to rebound from what happened last year. Sure, they're still a good team, but they can't be called the favorite after what happened...
The Rockets could be pretty beastly IF Steve Francis decides to start playing up to his potential again and if Bonzi Wells just decides to play at all...

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
Mavs won't have a disappointment. It's not like that thing against the Warriors was a total shock. I mean all year the Warriors were the one team that were able to pwn us, and unfortunatly for us we had to match up with them. If that was any other team we would have most likely won.
Damn right they were. I was so happy because almost everyone doubted us and I loved it. They all said the Warriors winning during the regular season in the mavs was all luck and that it wouldn't happen in the playoffs. I love it when people eat their words.

True Confessions Part I:

dirkjet: can i be honest with u
dirkjet: whenever i remember finding out we had the playoffs
dirkjet: and had to face the warriors
dirkjet: i had a since of
dirkjet: oh <Censored>
dirkjet: seriously to
dirkjet: i had a bad feeling
dirkjet: from day 1
dirkjet: i just never admitted about it
dirkjet: because i knew that u guys had all the components to beat us
dirkjet: but i mean
dirkjet: us > rest of league but warriors
dirkjet: u agree with that?

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn right they were. I was so happy because almost everyone doubted us and I loved it. They all said the Warriors winning during the regular season in the mavs was all luck and that it wouldn't happen in the playoffs. I love it when people eat their words.
I seem to remember it the other way around... I remember a lot of people were actually picking the Warriors, but maybe my memory is wrong.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Wow, I completely forgot about Francis. Then yeah, that team's pretty good...

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
I seem to remember it the other way around... I remember a lot of people were actually picking the Warriors, but maybe my memory is wrong.
Well over here it was the other way around. Almost everyone who wasn't a Warrior fan said we would have no chance and should just find another team to root for in the playoffs. As Al Harrington says, "We shocked the world."

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A lot of Mavs fans were scared from day 1 when we were facing Golden State. We just didn't want to admit being scared of the #8 seed in the playoffs.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So did I, until I updated my NBA Live rosters yesterday. LOL
Same with me but yesterday, what method do you use to update? I go to each teams rosters on their webpage, then go to nba.com and look at the transactions.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
Wow I totally forgot he signed with them. No joke.

Either way, I doubt the Rockets will win 61 games. Someone always gets hurt and they just can't win 61 games. <_<

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow I totally forgot he signed with them. No joke.

Either way, I doubt the Rockets will win 61 games. Someone always gets hurt and they just can't win 61 games. <_<
Either way they drop in the first round like always, it's the T-Mac curse.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Same with me but yesterday, what method do you use to update? I go to each teams rosters on their webpage, then go to nba.com and look at the transactions.
I just went to ESPN.com, looked at everybody's roster and then signed/released players as needed. ESPN probably wasn't the best site to use, but right now there's really no way you are gonna get accurate rosters. I wouldn't worry about it till opening night, which is about a month away.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
I can see the Rockets getting pretty far in the playoffs this season.

Mike James,T-Mac,Yao and Francis all could score 20+ if they wanted. Battier is a good team player. Head has good range and a good 3 point %. Sorta funny though that their PF is Bonzi Wells.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Their PF isn't Bonzi Wells.....

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I do noy see the Mgic getting that many wins.

Atlanta and Charlotte not gettin 40 wins.

Detroit will get at least 50 wins.

And Houston is cappible of being the BEST team in the LEAGUE.
They have Franchize, T-mac, Mike James/Rafer Alston, Bonzi, Battier, Yao/Diekembe, and there rookies.

Oh and by the way... Hollenger SUCKS BAD....

These predicstions SUCK!!!

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
wizards 33-49!?
LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%