Status
Not open for further replies.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
3. Hawks 42-40
3. SuperSonics 35-47

:blink:

Is this guy serious? Hawks 42 wins? Sonics 35?

It should be
Hawks 37-45
Sonics 20-62

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Dude what are you talking about the Sonics are decent...

C - Kurt Thomas/Robert Swift
PF - Chris Wilcox
SF - Wally Szczerbiak/Jeff Green
SG - Kevin Durant/Delonte West
PG - Luke Ridnour

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dude what are you talking about the Sonics are decent...
C - Kurt Thomas/Robert Swift
PF - Chris Wilcox
SF - Wally Szczerbiak/Jeff Green
SG - Kevin Durant/Delonte West
PG - Luke Ridnour
Yea the Sonics are decent.

bulls12

Reaction score
is Delonte playing SG now? I always remembered him playing PG.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
He's a combo guard, as he's been ever since college...

bulls12

Reaction score
ah that's cool. the Sonics are indeed decent. but they'll get about 30 wins IMO.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
:blink:

Is this guy serious? Hawks 42 wins? Sonics 35?

It should be
Hawks 37-45
Sonics 20-62
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hawks can win 42 games sonics are decent as stated before

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Hawks won't win 42, something will screw up for them like always...

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
is Delonte playing SG now? I always remembered him playing PG.
Boston kinda forced him to play point because that was the only way he would get playing time
they already had Pierce/Davis or Wally/ Tony Allen

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hawks won't win 42, something will screw up for them like always...
Nope I believe they can theres not much to screw up we just continue to get better from here last year we played with all of these injuries so te starting lineup had no flow it always changed and now we can actaully start fresh so I expect better than last year from the Hawks and from our preseason play (even though it doesn't matter) I expect us to do pretty well in the regular season

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Hawks won't come anywhere close to 40 wins, let alone above .500 at 42 wins... Shelden Williams, Al Horford and Marvin Williams (their big men) haven't proven anything in the NBA and Shelden and Marvin haven't really shown that they are going to be anything special (not to mention drafting Horford kinda pushes back their playing time). They have a rookie point guard, who isn't much of a playmaker in Acie Law IV. That leaves Josh Smith, Josh Childress and Joe Johnson as their only other significant players that get playing time and that isn't going to be enough to be a playoff team, which they would be with 40 wins. Unless Marvin Williams, Josh Childress or Al Horford are able to score night in and night out, this team is probably going to struggle to win most games. Maybe in 2 or 3 years, after these young guys develop, they'll be make in the playoffs, but in 2007-08 there is no way they come close...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Hawks won't come anywhere close to 40 wins, let alone above .500 at 42 wins... Shelden Williams, Al Horford and Marvin Williams (their big men) haven't proven anything in the NBA and Shelden and Marvin haven't really shown that they are going to be anything special (not to mention drafting Horford kinda pushes back their playing time). They have a rookie point guard, who isn't much of a playmaker in Acie Law IV. That leaves Josh Smith, Josh Childress and Joe Johnson as their only other significant players that get playing time and that isn't going to be enough to be a playoff team, which they would be with 40 wins. Unless Marvin Williams, Josh Childress or Al Horford are able to score night in and night out, this team is probably going to struggle to win most games. Maybe in 2 or 3 years, after these young guys develop, they'll be make in the playoffs, but in 2007-08 there is no way they come close...
Hit the nail on the head, but I think they will be an exciting team to watch.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
what are you talking about the only one with pushed back time is probably Shelden . Marvin a starter and he had a broken hand just about all of last season (and still dunked on Marcus Camby)so you can't say he isn't going to do as well plus he's scoring in the preseason already plus we got Pachulia and he's very underrated and Speedy Claxton is starting right now (so Acie won't start until maybe 3 or 4 weeks into the season).We're not even depending on Acie Law to do everything AGAIN I SAY eveeryone is healthy this season last season we had to many injuries ( not to mention we played the whole last month without Joe Johnson) and we're most likely looking to win 40 we don't have much holding us back

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Boston kinda forced him to play point because that was the only way he would get playing time
they already had Pierce/Davis or Wally/ Tony Allen
Yep yep
If I remember correctly West not only made the transition to PG his first year but he did it quite well. But last season they moved him back to SG and he did bad, when he went back to being a PG that's when he started doing well again.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didn't read the whole thread, but am I the only person who agrees that the Rockets have a great chance at 1st place?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I agree Yankees. Dang this is weird, I used to never agree with you.

Anyways, the Hawks aren't going to win 40, maybe 34-37, but they don't have the scoring in the paint, they don't have the consistent PG, and they don't have the experience to make a huge run at the playoffs. And no Stunna Marvin Williams isn't a starter, unless you're planning on benching Horford for him or something. What a waste of a pick. Imagine where the Hawks would be right now if they had Chris Paul or Deron Williams...

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
$tunna you are an idiot... Even if the Hawks are healthy, there are still ELEVEN teams better than them... The Bulls, Celtics, Heat, Wizards, Pistons, Cavaliers, Magic, Raptors, Nets, Knicks and Bucks are all better teams, which puts the Hawks in 12th place. I've never seen a team that has finished in 12th place in their conference win 40 games...

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
The Warriors aren't THAT good, they're a playoff team definetly but they're not THAT good, especially if Kelenna Azubuike is going to start for them like you say...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%