harlowtothe's Post-March Madness Mock Draft (NO LOTTERY PERFORMED)

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
except he's already better than al jeff was at this stage, but ive always seen his ceiling to be that of al jeff now.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Al Jeff is a fine comparison but it's definitely not his "ceiling"

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well after all this idk who I want lol

Phil throwing shade over Russell... I'mma have to check dude out

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Russell is a straight up second coming of Brandon Roy.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that what Towns has going for him is Kentucky's "platoon" system which gives Towns less time to show flaws in his game. Meanwhile for Duke, Okafor probably gets too much playing time.

But a lot comes down to the workouts and I have no doubt that if they go head-to-head in a workout that Okafor will school Towns in the post.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Forgot to mention that what Towns has going for him is Kentucky's "platoon" system which gives Towns less time to show flaws in his game. Meanwhile for Duke, Okafor probably gets too much playing time.

But a lot comes down to the workouts and I have no doubt that if they go head-to-head in a workout that Okafor will school Towns in the post.

Okafor wil struggle against longer centers offensively in workouts. 

This debate is apple and oranges. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Okafor has not struggled against ANY one player this year, and he's faced a wide array. There isn't a player in college that can guard him one on one. He struggles with different doubling schemes sometimes.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
With Phil playing scout now lol, looks like we're leaning towards Towns..

I just want the best player in the whole draft.. Down the line

Is that too much to ask after suffering thru season after season? lol

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dez said:
With Phil playing scout now lol, looks like we're leaning towards Towns..

I just want the best player in the whole draft.. Down the line

Is that too much to ask after suffering thru season after season? lol

The two best long term prospects in this draft is Towns and Russell. Kristaps is a  close 3. 

The two NBA Ready prospects are Okafor and Emmanuel Mudiay. Stanley Johnson is best defensive prospect (jumper needs work)

Looking at the Draft if Marc Gasol commits to NYK then you draft Okafor... If not you take Towns because how he plays as a passing big man with a jumper. 

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I say go with the prospects then, ain't like we're gonna contend anytime soon lol get the best player possible

I think Marc's staying in Memphis, but I do think we can bring in Tobias Harris.. Meaning Melo at the 4? We'll need as much passing possible.. Bouta do more research on Russell.. Cause I'd really like to bring in a point.. But worth Harris and Melo we'd need Towns' shot blocking ability

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dez said:
I say go with the prospects then, ain't like we're gonna contend anytime soon lol get the best player possible

I think Marc's staying in Memphis, but I do think we can bring in Tobias Harris.. Meaning Melo at the 4? We'll need as much passing possible.. Bouta do more research on Russell.. Cause I'd really like to bring in a point.. But worth Harris and Melo we'd need Towns' shot blocking ability

D'Angelo Russell reminds me of a Brandon Roy/Manu Ginobli type... Smart passes but more of a legitimate scorer and will play the 2 more than likely in the triangle since most times your PG needs to be a dominant 3 pt shooter since he usually moves to the corner. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
But I mean, Mudiay wouldn't fit in the triangle really either. At some point, you just gotta take the best players out there

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
But I mean, Mudiay wouldn't fit in the triangle really either. At some point, you just gotta take the best players out there

Yeah but to put the pieces together correctly is important. Taking Towns, Russell secures stability in longterm growth. Knicks are at ground zero from DAntoni & Dolan program. They can only go up now. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Are you suggesting taking Okafor doesn't give them long term growth? That's absolutely ludicrous

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Are you suggesting taking Okafor doesn't give them long term growth? That's absolutely ludicrous

No, Okafor is a great prospect and offensively ready... He just doesn't fit the Triangle like the other two do. Let alone if you need help defensively Okafor isn't your greatest choice. 

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Scrap the fckn triangle lol build a gameplan around the personnel lol

But Phil set on making it his way

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I don't want to discredit Phil or anything, because he's one of the 3 best coaches in NBA history

But he's only won with great supporting talents around him (MJ/Pippen, Shaq/Kobe, Kobe/Pau)

Knicks have one talented player, and he doesn't want to play for them either

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
That's what I said... Sully can't play center, but that's his natural position.

Far more athletic is a stretch. Neither are what you would define as "athletic" in basketball terms.

What's his best case? Al Jefferson?

Sullinger shouldn't play center at all. Best case I see for Okafor Al Jefferson (who's a pretty great player imho who doesn't get recognized yearly). Like I said he's already set to go and average 10-15 a game in the NBA. You know what your getting. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Like I said, Okafor and Jefferson is a base-level comparison, but it's not his ceiling. I'm starting to think you haven't seen him play

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Like I said, Okafor and Jefferson is a base-level comparison, but it's not his ceiling. I'm starting to think you haven't seen him play

I don't see him being Tim Duncan like which some scouts are saying. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%