harlowtothe's Post-March Madness Mock Draft (NO LOTTERY PERFORMED)

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Full 60 Picks Post MM.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lottery Updated for Trade deadline 

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I can't see Okafor not going #1

I see it depending on where who gets the #1 pick. I think for the triangle Towns Anthony is a better fit than Okafor next to Carmelo.... However, Okafor is a better complement on a roster like the Twolves who struggle to have a player to compliment Pekovic on the block. I also believe Philly is dead set on Emmanuel no matter where they are picking. Lakers would take Okafor #1 more than likely. 

elusive

Reaction score
If you aren't taking Okafor #1, you're trading the pick.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was just about to post on the chat thread about Towns' recent emergence.

But still gotta go Okafor should we get that #1 but Towns isn't a bad plan B

I'd be happy with Okafor, Mudiay, Towns or Cauley-Stein atm.. Haven't been able to watch enough of That Russell cat though.. Hear he's the real deal

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
The Knicks fans were all about Jahlil when I was up there a little under a month ago. I think the fans would be pretty upset if they didn't get him.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You know they'll boo just about anyone lol

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dez said:
I was just about to post on the chat thread about Towns' recent emergence.

But still gotta go Okafor should we get that #1 but Towns isn't a bad plan B

I'd be happy with Okafor, Mudiay, Towns or Cauley-Stein atm.. Haven't been able to watch enough of That Russell cat though.. Hear he's the real deal

Dez, go read Towns scouting report and tell me that he doesn't fit what a center needs in the Triangle. He is long lanky and a rim protector, he has excellent passing and handles for his size. 

NBADraft.net says: Terrific passer, good vision, he's able to find players when doubled, and even have the offense run through him at the high post ...

I am a strong believer this is the type of center Phil needs to have in the early stages since he'll miss out on Marc Gasol this year. You won't find a better fit in the next 3 years.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Jahlil is also a good ball-handler and passer and a much more well-balanced scorer. Towns will never be the paint scorer that Okafor is. On the flip, Okafor will probably never be the rim protector Towns is.

But Okafor's post game comes along once every 20 years or so. They aren't passing that up.

And Kraig about your Philly -> Mudiay comment, I got a hunch that the reason they were willing to move Embiid at the deadline was because they were more interested in Okafor or Towns, but they know right now that they have two first round bigs from the past two years and they'd need other pieces to fill around them.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Jahlil is also a good ball-handler and passer and a much more well-balanced scorer. Towns will never be the paint scorer that Okafor is. On the flip, Okafor will probably never be the rim protector Towns is.

But Okafor's post game comes along once every 20 years or so. They aren't passing that up.

And Kraig about your Philly -> Mudiay comment, I got a hunch that the reason they were willing to move Embiid at the deadline was because they were more interested in Okafor or Towns, but they know right now that they have two first round bigs from the past two years and they'd need other pieces to fill around them.

I agree however with Melo playing with the Knicks it takes away what you can really use Okafor for. Its like pairing Pau Gasol with Melo... Melo honestly is a 4 in the triangle where he likes to get the ball A in the pinch post or B on the outside.  Towns potential in the Triangle is much better than Okafor in my honest opinion. The Knicks need a lot of things and defensive big men are rare and defensive big men with length and range is even rarer. Knicks rank 26 in blocks, 29 in rebounds, 21 in opponents points scored. Towns is the better fix for there issues right now on that side of the ball. Marc Gasol isn't leaving Memphis for NY. 

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You make a damn good point.. Which is why I say I wouldn't be upset with Towns at all, I just don't see us taking him over Okafor if he's available

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
If you are at #1 overall, and you somehow like Towns over Okafor, you trade down low enough to still ensure you Towns

Whether thats #2 overall, or #3 if Philly has #2, trade down. Okafor should go #1, and teams will move up for him if available

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Kraig, you're debating 2 different things. Towns may very well be the better/smarter pick. But Okafor will go #1 to whatever team gets the pick.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Okafor ain't gonna live up to this lofty perception of him being #1 no matter what

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Kraig, you're debating 2 different things. Towns may very well be the better/smarter pick. But Okafor will go #1 to whatever team gets the pick.

I have a feeling you have a Duke bias here CC. Towns is the pick if the Knicks are selecting #1 unless they believe Marc Gasol is coming to play the 5 in NYC. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I have no bias. I actually think Okafor is overrated because his offensive efficiency takes a big hit from his poor free throw shooting and he's absolutely terrible on defense.

I think our team plays better when we don't run our offense through him.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Okafor is basically a 6'11 Jared Sullinger with a worse jump shot. Is that enough to become a star? I'm not sure. He can at least conceivably play his natural position of center unlike Sully though. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Sully is 6'8", that's why he can't play center

If he was 6'11", he wouldn't even be a PF

Okafor is FAR more athletic and fast than Sullinger. They do both have advanced post moves from when they left college compared to the rest of the competition

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's what I said... Sully can't play center, but that's his natural position.

Far more athletic is a stretch. Neither are what you would define as "athletic" in basketball terms.

What's his best case? Al Jefferson?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%