harlowtothe's NBA Mock Draft 2014

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Also I'm not sure how credible this is but Doug McDermott declined to work out with the Lakers for a second time the other day so he either really hates LA or has a top 6 promise...

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

I'd agree it may even be a better fit for the Bucks to take Dante but I just don't see them passing on Wiggins, I really don't.
Well see... We all saw Anthony Bennett get drafted 1 shockingly last year. Exums that guy at 2 minus busting his rookie year

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
harlowtothe said:
fuck

i had a dream this was gonna happen too

embiid, exum are both gone. Celts can get a PG at 17 if we trade Rondo (Bazz/Ennis). Danny wants someone who can put up points in this draft. McDermott is someone who can be a great bench scorer at worst, and at best can be a very good shooter.

only bad thing would be having to see this EVERYWHERE in boston media over the next few months

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
fuck

i had a dream this was gonna happen too

embiid, exum are both gone. Celts can get a PG at 17 if we trade Rondo (Bazz/Ennis). Danny wants someone who can put up points in this draft. McDermott is someone who can be a great bench scorer at worst, and at best can be a very good shooter.

only bad thing would be having to see this EVERYWHERE in boston media over the next few months

Personally its a shitty pickup but Stevens knows how to get the best out of shooters... Gordan Hayward & Matt Howard. 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Going back to the Wiggins/Exum thing, I don't think most teams would pass on a guy because there's a chance he leaves 5 or 6 years down the line. That's a poor way to do business.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pepe Silvia said:
Going back to the Wiggins/Exum thing, I don't think most teams would pass on a guy because there's a chance he leaves 5 or 6 years down the line. That's a poor way to do business.

I am absolutely sold that Exum is #2 in this draft. Yeah it maybe a poor way to do business but name me the last player Milwaukee got to stay with them... He fits what they need right now... A ball handler who can score but primarily pass and play defense. His games most compliments both Brandon Knight & Giannis. I rather have a guy come in and learn and compliment the rest of my team right away and more than likely stay in a smaller market compared to drafting a guy who stuffs up the 2 & 3 and has the same type of game Giannis has. If they don't move Knight to Sacramento for the 8th pick to grab a potentially great PG in Smart/Payton (preferably Payton) then Exum is their man. I believe Knight is better suited as a 2-guard in this league.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
The new mock is a little too... extreme for me.  Too many guys way off of what the general consensus expects. I'd bet you 100 bucks Wiggins and Parker go ahead of Exum.  Needs or not, Milwaukee needs everything.  They need a star.  Hammond was here in Detroit for Darko, he's had his lesson on taking the shiny international talent at #2 over the incredible NCAA talent.  Also I would bet a million dollars that Randle doesn't fall to ten.  At worst, that guy is 18 and 10 in the NBA all day long.  You won't be able to collect on the Randle bet though, because if he's available at the 8th pick that the Pistons could have had, I will drink a bottle of bleach.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mobruler said:
The new mock is a little too... extreme for me.  Too many guys way off of what the general consensus expects. I'd bet you 100 bucks Wiggins and Parker go ahead of Exum.  Needs or not, Milwaukee needs everything.  They need a star.  Hammond was here in Detroit for Darko, he's had his lesson on taking the shiny international talent at #2 over the incredible NCAA talent.  Also I would bet a million dollars that Randle doesn't fall to ten.  At worst, that guy is 18 and 10 in the NBA all day long.  You won't be able to collect on the Randle bet though, because if he's available at the 8th pick that the Pistons could have had, I will drink a bottle of bleach.

Ive been up and down with it when I read various news articles. I'll take Exum to Milwaukee from everything I have been reading. Milwaukee has a lot of needs but they also can trade back and figure out all possibilities. Exum is young but his workouts have been relentless drawing comparisons to a young Kobe Bryant. Darko was one hell of a talent and I would have taken him that high if you thought he was a sure thing. He got a bad deal in Larry Brown and then a trade that brought Sheed into Detroit. I believe Elfrid Payton is the choice if the Kings are still picking at 8 if they do not trade out. The team needs a bigger PG who can also play defense. Payton fits that bill and he has a lot of potential to be like a guy they covet, Rajon Rondo. Kings are glutted at the PF position. If they make the swing for Josh Smith (possible) then a PG is totally where they are thinking about selecting. Bobcats already said they like McDermott but Randle could be in play there since McRoberts left but like Jefferson, Randle plays the left block. Which drops Randle to the 10th however some mocks have him as low as Orlando. Lakers need a PG if they don't move that pick with Nash to Philadelphia for MCW & Thad Young. Randle would compliment Nerlen since Randle is an offensive post player. 

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
harlowtothe said:

Ive been up and down with it when I read various news articles. I'll take Exum to Milwaukee from everything I have been reading. Milwaukee has a lot of needs but they also can trade back and figure out all possibilities. Exum is young but his workouts have been relentless drawing comparisons to a young Kobe Bryant. Darko was one hell of a talent and I would have taken him that high if you thought he was a sure thing. He got a bad deal in Larry Brown and then a trade that brought Sheed into Detroit. I believe Elfrid Payton is the choice if the Kings are still picking at 8 if they do not trade out. The team needs a bigger PG who can also play defense. Payton fits that bill and he has a lot of potential to be like a guy they covet, Rajon Rondo. Kings are glutted at the PF position. If they make the swing for Josh Smith (possible) then a PG is totally where they are thinking about selecting. Bobcats already said they like McDermott but Randle could be in play there since McRoberts left but like Jefferson, Randle plays the left block. Which drops Randle to the 10th however some mocks have him as low as Orlando. Lakers need a PG if they don't move that pick with Nash to Philadelphia for MCW & Thad Young. Randle would compliment Nerlen since Randle is an offensive post player. 

I just don't see a situation where a person who is paid a gaudy amount of money to be smart about basketball would think Aaron Gordon. Marcus Smart, Elfrid Payton and McBuckets are worthy of being drafted over Randle.  I just think Randle is as sure as it gets.  Maybe I'm the one who's wrong, who knows.  Three or four guys probably have higher ceilings, but if I can't get one of them, I want Randle whom I would be shocked if he wasn't at the very least 18 and 10 on high percentages in his prime.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mobruler said:

I just don't see a situation where a person who is paid a gaudy amount of money to be smart about basketball would think Aaron Gordon. Marcus Smart, Elfrid Payton and McBuckets are worthy of being drafted over Randle.  I just think Randle is as sure as it gets.  Maybe I'm the one who's wrong, who knows.  Three or four guys probably have higher ceilings, but if I can't get one of them, I want Randle whom I would be shocked if he wasn't at the very least 18 and 10 on high percentages in his prime.

Position needs over best available talent. I know Randle is great but some teams question his motor at times. Gordon is young & raw but his motor is off the charts. Ainge is in love with Gordon & the Jazz are also just as high on him after a couple of impressive workouts. Both need a guy who works in picks and rolls and fills the 4 and the 3 at times. Lakers need a big but if they are chasing Melo & James (pipe dream but we saw the big 3 happen) then going with a playmaker suits them or moving the pick. Charlotte doesn't need two left block bigs. The need shooters to spread the floor. Team ranked in the bottom in 3 pointers made. Chad Ford has Randle to the Sixers at 10 also. The draft is really deep this year and the first 5 is just as good as the 6-10. 

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
harlowtothe said:

Position needs over best available talent. I know Randle is great but some teams question his motor at times. Gordon is young & raw but his motor is off the charts. Ainge is in love with Gordon & the Jazz are also just as high on him after a couple of impressive workouts. Both need a guy who works in picks and rolls and fills the 4 and the 3 at times. Lakers need a big but if they are chasing Melo & James (pipe dream but we saw the big 3 happen) then going with a playmaker suits them or moving the pick. Charlotte doesn't need two left block bigs. The need shooters to spread the floor. Team ranked in the bottom in 3 pointers made. Chad Ford has Randle to the Sixers at 10 also. The draft is really deep this year and the first 5 is just as good as the 6-10. 

Drafting for need gets people fired.  

And motors... Zach Randolph loves smoking reefer and womanizing.  He's still Zach Randolph.  His body is carved out of a tree trunk, none of the other stuff matters.  Randle is Zach Randolph.  

I've read in places that Randle is mostly illiterate, and who knows if he has some of the same demons as Randolph, but he is a battering ram and an assured producer.  Idiots who produce don't get me fired.  Aaron Gordon can get me fired.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mobruler said:

And motors... Zach Randolph loves smoking reefer and womanizing.  He's still Zach Randolph.  His body is carved out of a tree trunk, none of the other stuff matters.  Randle is Zach Randolph.  

I've read in places that Randle is mostly illiterate, and who knows if he has some of the same demons as Randolph, but he is a battering ram and an assured producer.  Idiots who produce don't get me fired.  Aaron Gordon can get me fired.
Danny Ainge wont get fired for drafting Aaron Gordon lmao

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm telling yall right now: KJ McDaniels will be drafted anywhere from 21 to 27. If he's there at 27, the Thunder will draft him, 100%.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mobruler said:

Ainge won't get fired for Gordon. I'll buy a Shawn Marion/Andrei Kirilenko potential player than a Zach Randolph potential. Problem with Randle is strictly left hand and no defense. Has a lot to work on. Speaking of it Danny Ainge wouldn't be fired for Gordon... His draft track record is one of the best even though I hate to say it. Easily up their with Isaiah Thomas in the last 10 years. Anyways, watch me be right about Randle going at 7 for a trade with Sixers or slip to 10 to the Sixers. 

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
I'm telling yall right now: KJ McDaniels will be drafted anywhere from 21 to 27. If he's there at 27, the Thunder will draft him, 100%.

Just read Memphis is almost positive to take him if he's available. I basically projects the Thunders picks for a potential Knicks trade but that has slowed now. I think they gamble on Rodney Hood since they need a guy who could play the 2-3 and possibly as a stretch 4 and trade pick 29 for Shump. Hood gives them a shooter who can come in and compete with bust Jeremy Lamb and also help move KD at the 4 at time. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
harlowtothe said:
his draft track record is one of the best even though I hate to say it. Easily up their with Isaiah Thomas in the last 10 years. 
meh, i think danny's kinda overrated

Fab Melo
Jared Sullinger
Marshon Brooks
Avery Bradley
JR Giddens

those are his last 5 1st rounders. 3 suck/are out of the league. Sully and Bradley are nice, but not nearly good enough to say danny is a top 2 drafter

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
meh, i think danny's kinda overrated

Fab Melo
Jared Sullinger
Marshon Brooks
Avery Bradley
JR Giddens

those are his last 5 1st rounders. 3 suck/are out of the league. Sully and Bradley are nice, but not nearly good enough to say danny is a top 2 drafter

In the last 10yrs he's done pretty well. Let alone Draft Day trades

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%