harlowtothe's NBA Mock Draft 2014

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's that time of year again and with almost a month to go until the NBA Draft I will start posting my updated mocks here. Here is the link I'll be hosting the Mock on and I'll type it up as soon as possible. I will be completing all 60 picks on NBADraft.net's website but post the top 30 and 2nd round notables. 

1st Round Complete

NBA Draft Eve Mock Rd1&2 6/25
Mock Draft V4 Updated 1&2 6/22
Mock Draft V3 round 1 6/17
Finished second round V1 6/11
Mock Draft V2 posted 6/11
Mock Draft V1 posted 5/27
Mock Draft V1.1 updated 5/28

http://nbadraft.net/nba_mock_drafts/53300

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Think Charlotte goes with a 2 Guard at pick 9. Same with Philly at 10. I think your top 4 is spot on. Not sure of Saric at 5. I think Gordon goes 6 to Boston.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TYO said:
Think Charlotte goes with a 2 Guard at pick 9. Same with Philly at 10. I think your top 4 is spot on. Not sure of Saric at 5. I think Gordon goes 6 to Boston.

I read that Utah maybe the Dark Horse in pulling for Saric. The actually have one of the bigger overseas scouting staff. He's honestly talented enough to play the 3 and 4 and help stretch the floor for Burke. I know it is rather high for a guy we don't know much about but he is really talented. Rumor is Hood and Charlotte have an interest in each other. Lakers could look at Hood at 7. Philly is a team with a ton of picks in such a deep draft we have no idea where they could go. Coming from Boston I think they're looking to move Rondo or find a assertive G like Smart to play along side him. A lot of choices in Boston picks.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't know enough about Utah to have a good feel on who they're leaning. Exum is a sleeper at 2. The thing with Charlotte taking Hood is he's strictly a SF IMO. They already have a young one with MKG. I'd imagine they try to give them a scorer at the 2 guard. I'm not high on him contributing right away but I can see Lavine going top 12.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TYO said:
Don't know enough about Utah to have a good feel on who they're leaning. Exum is a sleeper at 2. The thing with Charlotte taking Hood is he's strictly a SF IMO. They already have a young one with MKG. I'd imagine they try to give them a scorer at the 2 guard. I'm not high on him contributing right away but I can see Lavine going top 12.
Me too. I heard wolves may move Love for Vonleh or Randle and the Kings will make a deal without a guarantee for 2015. I feel if a team like Sacramento cant pull Love they'll draft Lavine because of talent alone and potential to be a Westbrook type of player and how they want a larger PG than Thomas.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Utah will trade down for mcdonalds
Or maybe outright

They still like favors and kanter and mcdermott is a vast improvement to marvin williams
Utah doesnt usually take euros
Does kanter count? Other than that maybe, they never go overseas

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Utah will trade down for mcdonalds
Or maybe outright
They still like favors and kanter and mcdermott is a vast improvement to marvin williams
Utah doesnt usually take euros
Does kanter count? Other than that maybe, they never go overseas
They take Euros. Saric just played an incredible Euro finals. Incredible performance. What I like about Saric here is he allows them to stretch the floor if he's a 4 allowing Favors to play inside as the 5 and keep Hayward at the 3. Or they can play big allowing Kanter Favors Saric and Hayward on the floor. Trading down is a great possibility since Vonleh & Randle are hot tickets in the draft.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
harlowtothe said:

Coming from Boston I think they're looking to move Rondo or find a assertive G like Smart to play along side him. A lot of choices in Boston picks.
No

Bradley improved a ton, and we need wing depth, a shot blocker, or a shooter. its gonna be between the four of Vonleh, Gordon, Stauskas, and McDermott, with the latter two being their trade down targets. Vonleh is their top guy, since he can be a shot blocker, and would offensively fit in very well in Stevens' offense. Celts aren't going to trade Rondo unless he tells him he's going to leave; this is Danny Ainge. And Smart doesnt seem like the type of player that will succeed without the ball in his hands, which isnt going to work in Boston. Smart+Rondo is just straight up a terrible pairing

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Celts will trade for asik
Take marcus smart

Asik
Sully
Parsons
Bradley
Smart

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Celts will trade for asik
Take marcus smart
Asik
Sully
Parsons
Bradley
Smart
I believe they get Lin in that type of deal and picks. Ive seen almost 15 different scenarios. Honestly, i wouldnt pay bradley and let him walk. Smart is just a good pick for insurance incase Rondo wants out or they can develop him like a young DWade.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What happened to liking GR3 as a lotto pick?

I can see a lot of these picks happening tho

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
playmaker7 said:
What happened to liking GR3 as a lotto pick?

I can see a lot of these picks happening tho
I liked him up high and then Cleveland won the lottery that night.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
GR3 is trash. I don't see Aaron Gordon falling to 10

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Heat will draft napier and let rio walk
Cole is starting next year

CallMeDaddy

Reaction score
Mexi said:

Nate Rob wouldn't have been a bad signing as a bench replacement for Rio.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
GR3 is trash. I don't see Aaron Gordon falling to 10
I have him where Saric is now... More than likely... Saric has to definitively say he'll leave his lucrative Euro offer in order to picked that high and he hasnt said anything except declare.

Mexi said:
I disagree. The Heat need to go big... Haslem is older and now assuming a more bench role mentor for the team. Greg Oden hasn't proven anything for this roster this year. Battier is retiring this year. Beasley will walk and take a serious role with another team and Anderson is peaking. Also Lewis will retire this year. Going big with McGary who was a lottery pick last year and should have been this year. He's worth the Gamble since he's talented enough to run the floor and be a double double guy and possibly start right off the bat for the club.

CallMeDaddy said:

Nate Rob wouldn't have been a bad signing as a bench replacement for Rio.
Nate Robinson legitimately should be starting in this league.

CallMeDaddy

Reaction score
harlowtothe said:
Nate Robinson legitimately should be starting in this league.

I think so too, Miami wouldn't want to put him in the lineup and affect their defense though. He's Much better for them to be the spark off their bench.

I'd puke if he ever wore a Heat uniform though.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CallMeDaddy said:
I think so too, Miami wouldn't want to put him in the lineup and affect their defense. He's Much better for them to be the spark off their bench.

I'd puke if he ever warrior a Heat uniform though.
The Knicks should have reached out last year because Felton was a joke last year. I don't know where he should start but he seriously proved his case in Chicago in 2012-13. Really helped them when Rose sat.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mock updated until pick 45. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Excellent points made kraig on the heat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%