harlowtothe's NBA Mock Draft 2014

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Not a chance in the world the Kings pass on Julius Randle

Exum wont fall past the Magic at 4, and if the Bucks don't want Wiggins, they'll probably go with Exum.

And damn thats high for Payton

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

Exum wont fall past the Magic at 4, and if the Bucks don't want Wiggins, they'll probably go with Exum.

I could see the Kings looking to grab a PG before they grab another PF since they are stuffed at the position currently. Here's the situation about Payton in the past two weeks he has blown teams out water with how he's played against Ennis and Smart. I really love Randle as a player and will come and take the league by storm. Putting him with Cousins is clogging the paint and not getting much defense from either player. However, they both board which is nice. I think you gamble with Payton if he showed a great workout and keep Thomas... Payton has the size to succeed in the NBA. He might be a reach but their is always a guy who comes out of nowhere in a draft that makes people scratch their head. Dion Waiters was selected by the Cavs at 4. 

Elfrid Payton appears to be closing the gap considerably -- something reflected in Payton's move to No. 13 on our Big Board. Several team sources say he's in the mix at No. 8 in Sacramento after a terrific workout there. The Hornets at No. 9 and the Magic at No. 12 are possibilities, as well. I doubt he gets past the Bulls or Raptors in the mid-first round. - ESPN

Jeff Goodman: Source told me that Elfrid Payton held his own today against Marcus Smart in workout in Sacramento. 

Payton surprised people by refusing to participate in the drills. Given his limited exposure, some GMs were grumbling about the decision. But they shouldn't. As his stock continues to rise, sources say some teams in the mid-first round were pushing for him not to do the drills. They'd prefer he remain a secret. His measurements and athletic testing numbers were both above average for his position. He also drew raves in his interviews. I believe Payton is the true sleeper in this draft and is being underrated by scouts. Once he gets into workouts, he will work his way into the lottery. ESPN.com

As for guys that have worked out well — Marcus Smart; he’s blown a few teams away with his poise and maturity. Elfrid Payton; word is he may have a commitment in the teens, trying to work up from that spot. I usually don’t put a lot of stock in teens-level commitments because that will change if a good player falls. 

The Exum pick I think has changed in the past month since both Vonleh and Smart have had impressive workouts according to the reports. I think the Magic have three positions they could upgrade, PG PF and SF... Harkless hasn't shown a sign and Nichols gamble hasn't paid out. Vonleh protects the rim and has a serious wingspan. If your the Magic you need to find some interior defense and losing the lottery for Embiid leads you to the next impressive big man and thats Vonleh. Vuceciv is one of the better young centers but his defense is little to none. Pairing these two will fix some of the problems on defense. Also, Chad Ford reported that the Magic are "serious" about Vonleh at center since Exum has yet to play with NBA level or college level talent. 

I have read a couple good rumors saying pick 5 maybe move for Affalo & pick #12 (could be turned into Lavine or Dario Saric). Depending how other guards have worked out in Orlando they may wait to see if a guy like Payton is a available or try and develop a athlete like Lavine. Other notes Ive heard is they might wait out to see if Oladipo can develop the PG skills they imagined him to gain.

I am also still sold Parker is the Bucks guy. Apparently he sat at the top of the board. I see the top three working relatively odd but I'll ride with Wiggins slipping to three (his camp is also praying for this) or the Sixers trade up by moving Thaddeus Young and #3. Milwaukee either takes Embiid or Parker.  depending who's left and the Cavs have the same board at 1. Parker or Embiid. 

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

Can't see the Kings picking Randle now.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TYO said:

Can't see the Kings picking Randle now.

A lot of scouts said he may fall and its not because of the his ankle injury... Its because he's one dimensional lefty... He boards but he's undersized and a lefty... I think the Kings take Payton. He's this year mid-major next star and. 

The hardest thing for me to solve is this years trade possibilities hear are the rumors lately:

Sixers may send #3 and Thad Young to Cleveland for pick #1 (Obviously select Wiggins)

Utah may send #5 #35 and Kanter to Milwaukee for pick #2 (To select Parker or Exum... Parker should be the pick)

Orlando may send Pick #12 & Aaron Affalo to Utah for pick #5 (Orlando takes Vonleh and Smart/Exum and Jazz then selects Dario Saric who they like or Randle if he slipped who they like)

Kings looking to trade #8 for Atlanta's Dennis Schroder (Personally, I could see Atlanta jumping here to draft Staukas and drafting Jusef later). Kings stay put though IMO.

Bulls move picks #16 & #18 to Denver for pick #11 (Bulls want Staukas or Harris)... Denver wins because they can address two needs, a backup PG incase Lawson leavers and a stretch 4. 

Dallas looking to jump ahead of Oklahoma City (made a promise) to draft Kristaps Peozingis... A trade could be brewing with a couple 2nd rd picks and a future. Dallas loves this kid

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They want to move knight to the 2 or off the bench. Exum fits Milwaukee.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
If Rodney Hood seriously is capable of falling into the 20s, I'd love the Pistons to do anything they could to trade for a pick to get him.  Before it was known that the Pistons would lose their pick, Hood was a guy I would have liked seeing the Pistons take 8th overall.

Also, you can't take Exum over Wiggins.  The raw skill and capability Wiggins has shown here in the USA where we play actual real basketball is something that can't be dismissed.  If my GM takes Exum over Wiggins, he better be so sure.  Exum better look like tall Gary Payton.  John Hammond isn't dumb enough or crazy enough to take Exum over Wiggins and Embiid.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TYO said:
They want to move knight to the 2 or off the bench. Exum fits Milwaukee.
Thanks TYO. I think Exum would stay in Milwaukee with Theanis. Also, euros usually stay in smaller markets than American players. Check the Spurs model

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mobruler said:
If Rodney Hood seriously is capable of falling into the 20s, I'd love the Pistons to do anything they could to trade for a pick to get him.  Before it was known that the Pistons would lose their pick, Hood was a guy I would have liked seeing the Pistons take 8th overall.

Also, you can't take Exum over Wiggins.  The raw skill and capability Wiggins has shown here in the USA where we play actual real basketball is something that can't be dismissed.  If my GM takes Exum over Wiggins, he better be so sure.  Exum better look like tall Gary Payton.  John Hammond isn't dumb enough or crazy enough to take Exum over Wiggins and Embiid.
Ill by Exum over Wiggins because of the fact he fits the teams need and Wiggins honestly doesnt want to play in Milwaukee. Exum would thrive next to Theanis versus Wiggins. Exum also is more likely to Stay in a small market versus andrew wiggins. Wiggins may become box office in the future and bounce.

Hood might slip cause Warren has proved he can score from anywhere. Teams may buy that pick if he falls.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Exum at 2? Don't see it
See above lol. We always go back & forth cc.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
harlowtothe said:
Thanks TYO. I think Exum would stay in Milwaukee with Theanis. Also, euros usually stay in smaller markets than American players. Check the Spurs model

To be fair Wiggins isn't American. But I do think one day he will want to play in a major media market.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't say I'm 100% certain, but I'd be very surprised if Parker is taken #1, based on numerous things

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I wouldn't say I'm 100% certain, but I'd be very surprised if Parker is taken #1, based on numerous things
Go on?

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TYO said:

To be fair Wiggins isn't American. But I do think one day he will want to play in a major media market.
Yeah I know I forget hes from Canada but he's more built for Philadelphia than Milwaukee market wise

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
harlowtothe said:
See above lol. We always go back & forth cc.

I'd agree it may even be a better fit for the Bucks to take Dante but I just don't see them passing on Wiggins, I really don't.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:

"sources"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%