Dwightmare Over! 4-Way Deal

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Stern cuts off the CP3 Deal. What does Dwight do? Ask to be traded anyway.
Absolute power move.

Dwight Howard is preparing to ask the Orlando Magic to trade him to the New Jersey Nets, according to sources close to the situation.

Howard's representatives have told the Nets that they are his preferred destination.

Howard has yet to tell the Magic he will not re-sign with them after this season, but the sources said he will within the next few days, perhaps as early as Friday. There is also a chance that Howard will not attend the opening of training camp Friday, according to a source.

As ESPN.com reported last week, the Nets are ready to offer the Magic a package built around center Brook Lopez and two first-round draft picks, New Jersey's own and one the Nets acquired from Houston in a previous trade, according to sources.

If necessary, New Jersey is also willing to take back Hedo Turkoglu and the three years, $34 million remaining on his deal.

The appeal of the Nets for Howard is the chance to play with all-star point guard Deron Williams and excitement over the Nets' move into a brand new arena in Brooklyn for the start of the 2012-13 season.

Williams and Howard spoke several times about teaming up during the lockout.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7334410/dwight-howard-ask-orlando-magic-trade-new-jersey-nets-sources-say?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they better not let them do it
horse shit

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dwight Howard is preparing to ask the Orlando Magic to trade him to the New Jersey Nets, according to sources close to the situation.

Howard's representatives have told the Nets that they are his preferred destination.

Howard has yet to tell the Magic he will not re-sign with them after this season, but the sources said he will within the next few days, perhaps as early as Friday. There is also a chance that Howard will not attend the opening of training camp Friday, according to a source.

As ESPN.com reported last week, the Nets are ready to offer the Magic a package built around center Brook Lopez and two first-round draft picks, New Jersey's own and one the Nets acquired from Houston in a previous trade, according to sources.

New Jersey is also willing to take back Hedo Turkoglu and the three years, $34 million remaining on his deal.

The appeal of the Nets for Howard is the chance to play with All-Star point guard Deron Williams and the Nets' move into a new arena in Brooklyn for the start of the 2012-13 season.

Williams and Howard spoke several times about teaming up during the lockout.

If Howard is indeed committed to joining the Nets, he can all but force the Magic to make the trade by declaring his intentions not to sign a long-term contract with any other team, thereby assuring that those clubs make low-ball offers to Orlando.

In light of the league's refusal to allow Chris Paul to dictate a trade to the Los Angeles Lakers, one has to wonder if it will sit idly by and let Howard facilitate a move to the Nets.

Howard's decision to go to the Nets would put a monkey wrench in the Los Angeles Lakers' plan to team Howard with Kobe Bryant by trading Andrew Bynum for the Magic center.

The Nets are continuing to pursue free-agent center Nene in case their plan to acquire Howard falls through.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
The CP3 deal only got denied because the Hornets got hosed and David Stern owns the Hornets. Stern has denied deals all the time because they're bad deals, it's only a big thing now because the deal got to the public, unlike most deals that get shot down.

The Nets deal isn't that bad for the Magic and Stern isn't running the Magic.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Did one event actually cause the other though? I kinda think these 2 events happened at the same time....

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
*put this in the "Dwight Howard thread" mmmm maybe

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
NBA is against stars joining up in 1 place. This trade would result in 2 stars on 1 team, and 1 of them, Dwight Howard, requesting the trade, and dictating where he goes. David Stern does have the legal right to nullify a trade. Thats why I said that. It was kind of a joke but if you want to be serious about it, then we'll be serious.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What? Who are you talking to?

If you are talking to me, that has NOTHING to do with what I said....

I said the reports of this trade happening and Dwight requesting a trade happened at the same time.

And the NBA would not block Howard from going to Jersey...mark my words.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Its not that the NBA would block the trade for Dwight, its that they CANNOT do so. Orlando and NJ have their own owners

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah exactly. The Dwight deal could get done. People are freaking out about this vetoed trade, and taking it too far. The trade will eventually go through...and the NBA will not stop any other trades.

I also hear that owners veto trades "often"

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Orlando Magic are contemplating filing tampering charges against two unnamed NBA teams for illegal contact with its franchise center, Dwight Howard, according to a league source.

The Magic believe at least one of the teams have had contact with Howard -- who reportedly wants to be traded -- as recently as Thursday. If the team substantiates that belief, it will immediately file charges with the league, the source said.

Howard has not publicly indicated that he wants to be dealt, and privately, the communications between Howard, his agent, Dan Fegan, and the Magic have produced mixed signals. At points, Howard indicates he might want to stay with the Magic, who have become a championship contender on his watch -- only the Lakers and Celtics have won more regular season and playoff games over the last four years. But at other points, he indicates dissatisfaction with the makeup of the team. Orlando has had a contract extension on the table for Howard for some time, but he has -- like other star players in recent years -- not signed it.

ESPN reported early Friday that Howard will request to be traded to the New Jersey Nets. The source indicated that as of Friday morning, neither Howard nor his representatives had made such a request. NBA training camps opened Friday.

A trade to New Jersey would pair Howard with All-Star guard Deron Williams -- who, like Howard, is expected to opt out of the final year of his contract, not sign the extension offer on the table from New Jersey and become a free agent. In both cases, opting out is the financially smart move. Under the rules of the just-ratified new collective bargaining agreement, taking an extension on the existing contract could cost both players more than $25 million; signing a new deal after becoming a free agent would be worth more than $100 million.

The Magic, the source said, will not allow a repeat of the Shaquille O'Neal departure from Orlando to Los Angeles in 1996, when O'Neal walked as a free agent and the Magic were left with nothing. If the organization ultimately decides it has no choice but to trade Howard, it will do so. But the Magic will decide where he goes. The source said a reported proposed package by the Nets of center Brook Lopez and Draft picks for Howard is not at all interesting to the Magic.

The Magic, the source said, will not let Howard dictate the terms of where he wants to go.

"This will not be another Shaq situation," the source said. The Magic will "do what's in the best interests of the organization" and will not be left with nothing.

The Howard developments come a day after the NBA nixed a potential trade of four-time All-Star guard Chris Paul from the Hornets to the Lakers in a three-team deal that would have sent forward Pau Gasol to the Rockets and forward Lamar Odom to New Orleans. The Hornets would have received forward Luis Scola, guards Kevin Martin and Goran Dragic and a 2012 first-round pick from Houston.

A source directly involved in those talks said Friday morning that the Hornets were not planning to appeal the nixing of the deal, as ESPN reported Friday. Rather, the Hornets will try to see if sweetening the current deal in some way would make it more acceptable to the league, which currently owns the Hornets while it seeks a permanent owner who will keep the team in New Orleans. The Hornets also have several other possible deals on the table for Paul, and could go forward with one of those if teams involved in those deals make enhancements to their offers, the source said.

New Orleans' management, the source said, is determined to make a deal for Paul, who reportedly was not going to show up for the first day of the Hornets' camp. Like Orlando, the Hornets will not allow Paul to play out the final year of his deal, become a free agent next summer and leave with the team getting nothing in return.
good god...

Apparently the two teams are the Nets and Rockets.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPN's Chris Broussard reports Howard allegedly met with Mikhail Prokhorov and Billy King on Thursday night in Miami, with the Magic unaware of the meeting.
Come on Dwight...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, which I think the player should get punished/fined as well as those teams...I mean he met with them/they met with him...both parties are responsible.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wouldn't you think they would go to like a hotel room or something, but instead they go to dinner? :headsmack:

People are going to recognize Dwight Howard.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
last I heard, they are NOT going to accuse the Rockets of tampering, but no idea what the latest is on the Nets.

Either way, that was fucking stupid.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
As far as I know it's not illegal to talk to the players, if they were talking contract and trades than that's one thing but talking isn't against the rules as far as I know. I'm sure we all know they were talking about Dwight playing in Brooklyn but the Magic can't prove that.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Dwight Howard's agent has permission to speak to three teams, including Lakers, Nets and Mavericks about trades:

Remember when Ric Bucher said the Mavs were a possibility, Mexi?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
my thing was, i just dont get it
they have nothing to offer besides expirings

i just thought the magic wanted an actual player back

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the Lakers have nothing to offer but Bynum, but that isn't stopping them from getting the best PG in the NBA without Bynum involved. If he really wants to go to the Mavs, he will, sad as that is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%