Dwightmare Over! 4-Way Deal

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Everybody but 6-7 of those guys are complementary players. They're not guys you can build around, there aren't 30 players in the NBA that you can build around and that's the problem.
Depends what you categorize as players you can build around.

I don't think you have to be a superstar to have a team build around you.

VC15

Reaction score
Chris:

Hi Alex. What do you think of this deal? Clippers get D-Howard, Bulls get E-Gordon, and Orlando gets Asik, Gibson, Kamen, and Charlotte’s 1st rounder.

Alex Kennedy:
It’s great for the Clippers and Bulls, but I don’t think Orlando would agree to it. I think they’d much rather land Brook Lopez or Andrew Bynum.

Also, from what I’ve heard, Dwight Howard isn’t interested in signing an extension with the Los Angeles Clippers.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-with-alex-kennedy-12022011/

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not really sure what your trying to point out other than the obvious, of course they'd rather Bynum or Lopez over guys like Gibson (good player), Kaman, and Asik.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm starting to think Dwight will do what DWill is going to do, wait out the season, then make a decision.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Magic won't allow that too happen. They will trade him before the trade deadline. They won't let him hit free agency. They want atleast something in return for him.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No because after the season, they can still do a sign-and-trade...

Same goes for New Jersey and DWill...they will wait and hopefully resign him, but if he won't sign, they will do a sign and trade.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Matt Barnes has heard the trade rumors, and spoke to former teammates Dwight Howard and Baron Davis about joining the Lakers.

"You know, I've been hearing [rumors about] Dwight," Barnes said. "I've been hearing [rumors about] Baron [Davis in the event of getting amnestied]. I've been hearing stuff a lot lately. I've talked to both of those guys and they wanna be here, so we'll see what happens.”

Howard can become a free agent next summer, while Davis has two years remaining on his contract and is likely to be waived by the Cavaliers.

Via ESPNLosAngeles.com

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was about to post that same thing pugz. I still don't see why Dwight would want to play for the Lakers. Maybe it's the hope of winning one title then being in the same situation he's in now for the next decade?

VC15

Reaction score

DavidBaumann33 – Source in Magic front office confirms the Magic are attempting to acquire @DeronWilliams from the New Jersey Nets to help @DwightHoward.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
The Magic have no valuable trade pieces. Absolutely none.

Other than Dwight obviously.

It won't happen.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lmao. thats a bit backwards.

:yao:

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they should go after chris paul

but bc is right, they have no pieces at all

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Clippers are not on DHoward's radar and neither is he on theirs, sources say. Story should be up on the interwebs shortly.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He can't go to LA can he? I know the thunder could offer a very attractive deal as well as chicago..If he goes for bynum and shit I'll be pissed

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dwight to nj. its gonna happen now that cp3 got traded to la. id cream to have a dwight/blake frontcourt though. that rim would be broken every night.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Travis Outlaw was on the Lakers, that's who I assume would be the center piece. Not exactly the case in NJ.

VC15

Reaction score
dwight to nj. its what should happen now that cp3 got traded to la. id cream to have a dwight/blake frontcourt though. that rim would be broken every night.
It probably won't happen, but I'd love to be wrong though.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It probably won't happen, but I'd love to be wrong though.
well ive been calling dwight to nj so im sticking to that no matter how itll happen lol

VC15

Reaction score
Darnell Mayberry: Heard Dwight Howard was headed 2 New Jersey after the Chris Paul trade 2 L.A. Now that the deal is off (for now), could L.A. be back in mix?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%