Cleveland Cavaliers Fire David Blatt

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
In a stunning move, the Cavs have fired David Blatt after a 30-11 start to the season. Blatt has been lauded as one of the best young coaches in the game, and he was at the helm last year when the Cavs were 2 wins away from their first ever NBA Championship. All that I can say is wow. I don't think anyone expected this whatsoever. Just go to Twitter and look at some of the top NBA writers like Zach Lowe for context and reaction. Just unreal

BNC

Reaction score
This is stupid. He's a good coach, not his fault Klove and Irving suck at defense. This isn't gonna make the Warriors or Spurs any less great. LeBron better not be demanding Mark Jackson

BNC

Reaction score
Only way this makes sense is if they hire Thibs. But apparently they signed Lue to a multi year deal?

cavsfan817

Reaction score
BNC said:
This is stupid. He's a good coach, not his fault Klove and Irving suck at defense. This isn't gonna make the Warriors or Spurs any less great. LeBron better not be demanding Mark Jackson
LeBron was demanding Lue. That's why it was done

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Title should read "LeBron James Fires David Blatt". Not going to lie, I'm seriously considering changing it.

Mentch

Some Fucking Dude
Reaction score
GMF said:
Title should read "LeBron James Fires David Blatt". Not going to lie, I'm seriously considering changing it.
I was under the impression that LeBron James was the one who was head coach of the Cavs this entire time

Me7o

Savage
Reaction score
LeBron is their real coach anyways. Their still going to make Finals and lose

BNC

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
LeBron was demanding Lue. That's why it was done
Obviously. At least it's not Mark Jackson

BNC

Reaction score
Cavs fire Blatt and the Warriors get Steve Kerr back, one of these teams is getting better, the other is getting worse

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
I think Thibs is too intense for the personalities on the Cavs. It would be comedic to watch a team coached by Thibs to trout out JR Smith and Kevin Love. Lebron probably isn't a huge fan either.

That would have added a pretty cool story line to the likely Finals matchup if the Cavs hired Mark Jackson.

Me7o

Savage
Reaction score
BNC said:
Cavs fire Blatt and the Warriors get Steve Kerr back, one of these teams is getting better, the other is getting worse
A day ago Blatt and Walton were both head coaches of 1st seed teams and now ones an assistant and the other is fired lol

BNC

Reaction score
Me7o said:
A day ago Blatt and Walton were both head coaches of 1st seed teams and now ones an assistant and the other is fired lol
If teams are smart both will be head coaches again soon

cavsfan817

Reaction score
Not sure why the title was changed at all...

cavsfan817

Reaction score
Lue is a better fit for the Cavs anyway

BNC

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
Lue is a better fit for the Cavs anyway
??? He's literally never been a head coach. Unless you mean in a sense that the players like him more which doesn't help if he can't coach

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%