Brand New Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As you can see, this is an example of how constructive criticism>>>nagging "criticism"

Just be happy with his work, he put time into it, you guys didn't. Be happy with it. He didn't have to do it at all.

Balzary

Reaction score
Let me be the first to say, damn this is sexy.

Of course it has it's imperfections, but everything does. If you think you can make a better one than make one. It just adds to the choice and depth of SI. If you like this skin, use it, if you don't use one of the other 5. Simple as that. Good job Marcum and Buc.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
First off, maybe you should have shown us the banner/skin first...Then took our ideas on this.
And it's not like we said we hate the skin, we just don't like the banner too much. Your gfx looks the same everytime and the banner isn't any different.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
To All:

the skin is here -- post some ideas/suggestions for him if you like..

some of the statements are rude, but part of criticism, Marcum... so, unfortunately take it with a grain of salt.

good thing about the Selector at the bottom --- you can CHOOSE which one you want.. So, if you like, choose it.. If you don't, choose something else.

If you would like to make or collab on another skin, please feel free.. I encourage it.

wolf30

Reaction score
this is actually bad.

im gonna stick with the NBA_Balla one.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The skin is nice. Banner can be improved yes, but the skin, the bg especially, has a nice look to it.

But yes, DC can not talk about "every damn thing looking the same".

Marcum28

Reaction score
The skin is nice. Banner can be improved yes, but the skin, the bg especially, has a nice look to it.

But yes, DC can not talk about "every damn thing looking the same".
Thank you .snowy, it means a lot coming from you as the best GFXer on this site. Thanks.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ok, time for me to come in and give me unneeded 2 cents.

The banner sucks. If you take a black background, the same 2 stocks you use in every piece of work, some renders and text, and you have it.

The background for the forum is good, this includes everything but the banner.

To everyone saying "make something better", "use another skin", "be greatful he put his time into it and that he did it for free", etc:

<Censored> off. Nobody asked Marcum to make this skin.
Nobody volunteered to make something better.
Nobody asked him for a free skin, or to spend his time making it.

Marcum has DONATED a skin, and posted a topic for people to discuss it, and to draw attention to the skin/himself.

We are giving criticism (mostly harsh), and we have the right to do so.

To Marcum: it's great that you made us a skin. We are happy to have it here. Just if you do it, make sure you can handle the criticism. Especially if you post a thread asking about our opinions on it.

Kthnxbye

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I love the background and skin. If the banner was better, I would easily be wearing this.

Marcum28

Reaction score
Ok, time for me to come in and give me unneeded 2 cents.

The banner sucks. If you take a black background, the same 2 stocks you use in every piece of work, some renders and text, and you have it.

The background for the forum is good, this includes everything but the banner.

To everyone saying "make something better", "use another skin", "be greatful he put his time into it and that he did it for free", etc:

<Censored> off. Nobody asked Marcum to make this skin.
Nobody volunteered to make something better.
Nobody asked him for a free skin, or to spend his time making it.

Marcum has DONATED a skin, and posted a topic for people to discuss it, and to draw attention to the skin/himself.

We are giving criticism (mostly harsh), and we have the right to do so.

To Marcum: it's great that you made us a skin. We are happy to have it here. Just if you do it, make sure you can handle the criticism. Especially if you post a thread asking about our opinions on it.

Kthnxbye
Thanks Yanks, yeah I use the same two stocks, because I have no other good blue c4d poster stocks like them, and they look good, and I can't find others, so they pretty much stick.

I didn't think the criticism would be plain out bashing though, that's why I am pissed. I don't mind criticism, but saying my stuff sucks and it's horrible is not what I was expecting.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thanks Yanks, yeah I use the same two stocks, because I have no other good blue c4d poster stocks like them, and they look good, and I can't find others, so they pretty much stick.

I didn't think the criticism would be plain out bashing though, that's why I am pissed. I don't mind criticism, but saying my stuff sucks and it's horrible is not what I was expecting.
Just for future reference planetrenders.net is a great source for c4d, just if you want to find some new ones (I have no problem with your stuff)

That's why jarrod said take it with a grain of salt....some people with like, others will hate

Marcum28

Reaction score
No one likes the banner though, and I spent three times more time on it than I usually do. That's what pissed me off.

Thanks for the link though.

Baggs, where on pt do I find these c4ds? And are they c4d's or c4d stocks/LPs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%