BIG BALLER BRAND LEAGUE

BNC

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
That has nothing to do with it. They sign a contract. They entertain. The school and NCAA make fuck loads of money. Coach gets millions. The athletes get 0. How is that right?
Right but what you don't get is that the majority of money made by universities is from academics so who cares what the sports make

brett05

Reaction score
BNC said:
Folks their for an education don’t have a 30-40 hour a week commitment on top of class lmao. 
Except for the athlete that wants both, those education folks work every bit as hard on their studies as the Athletes do on their "game"

brett05

Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
You really have no idea how much money NCAA makes. You should go read up man
You really are clueless on how much money comes in from other avenues.  You should take your advice.

brett05

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
Coach gets millions. The athletes get 0. How is that right?
Simple, they get there for free to a school that without their athletic ability in many instances could not pay his way in.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
brett05 said:
You really are clueless on how much money comes in from other avenues.  You should take your advice.
So what are your sources hot shot?

brett05

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
So what are your sources hot shot?
Take a look at any campus.  All those buildings are named for athletes.  Oh wait.  I misspelled None of. 
Take a look at the endowments schools have.  Astronomical.  Harvard has 36.4 Billion in endowments.  Yes, 36.4 Billion.  Forget the money they pull in from students and donations that are not endowments.  Athletics brings in money.  No doubt about it.  It's just not on the same level.  If it were, would not sports be bigger emphasis at the best schools?  You think they don't care about money? 

BNC

Reaction score
brett05 said:
 I guess we should just completely ignore how much money is brought in from sports because it’s not the majority? How in the world does that make any sense to you??

BNC

Reaction score
brett05 said:
Except for the athlete that wants both, those education folks work every bit as hard on their studies as the Athletes do on their "game"
Lol, the “student athletes” don’t have time for jobs. You’re so naive to how much time they put in. You should do some research on the history of the term student athlete

brett05

Reaction score
BNC said:
 I guess we should just completely ignore how much money is brought in from sports because it’s not the majority? How in the world does that make any sense to you??
Yeah, I never said that, but hey, build that scarecrow up.

brett05

Reaction score
BNC said:
Lol, the “student athletes” don’t have time for jobs. You’re so naive to how much time they put in. You should do some research on the history of the term student athlete
And you should at some point find out how hard it is to be a college student that goes to class and puts forth maximum effort.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
brett05 said:
Take a look at any campus.  All those buildings are named for athletes.  Oh wait.  I misspelled None of. 
Take a look at the endowments schools have.  Astronomical.  Harvard has 36.4 Billion in endowments.  Yes, 36.4 Billion.  Forget the money they pull in from students and donations that are not endowments.  Athletics brings in money.  No doubt about it.  It's just not on the same level.  If it were, would not sports be bigger emphasis at the best schools?  You think they don't care about money? 
I'm not saying they don't get a lot of money from non-athletic sources, but they still get a lot of money from athletic events. Why is that so hard to understand?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
brett05 said:
And you should at some point find out how hard it is to be a college student that goes to class and puts forth maximum effort.
So if an athlete does everything that every average college student does, plus has team practices, meetings, and travels for games- how are they supposed to have a job on the side? They not just doing academics. They're doing both academics and athletics. They don't have time for a job.

There should be compensation for the entertainment they provide. This might also help prevent schools breaking the rules to recruit athletes. Not saying it will eliminate those problems, but they'll be reduced.

brett05

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
I'm not saying they don't get a lot of money from non-athletic sources, but they still get a lot of money from athletic events. Why is that so hard to understand?
No one is arguing it, but is' very small.  Take Texas A&M.  They get just under $200 million per year from athletics which is the biggest for all the colleges.  Their endowment is just under 12 billion dollars.  At just 5% interest and that's 3-4 times the amount of money per year.  That does not count other donations nor tuition, fees, etc. 
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/580100d5da177d1b008b5070/the-difference-in-how-much-money-schools-make-off-of-college-sports-is-jarring-and-it-is-the-biggest-obstacle-to-paying-athletes.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.businessinsider.com/ncaa-schools-college-sports-revenue-2016-10&h=600&w=800&tbnid=LKqznQ3scbTibM:&tbnh=158&tbnw=211&usg=__s79ldi8w7r80WBS6G5yYbUd7aeY%3D&vet=10ahUKEwickNXGjp7YAhUj0oMKHU3YBugQ9QEILTAA..i&docid=WZspURd77H-KzM&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwickNXGjp7YAhUj0oMKHU3YBugQ9QEILTAA

So to bring this back, yes the Athletes can get jobs.  But they do not need additional pay.

Jimmer

Hypebeast
Reaction score
brett05 said:
No one is arguing it, but is' very small.  Take Texas A&M.  They get just under $200 million per year from athletics which is the biggest for all the colleges.  Their endowment is just under 12 billion dollars.  At just 5% interest and that's 3-4 times the amount of money per year.  That does not count other donations nor tuition, fees, etc. 
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/580100d5da177d1b008b5070/the-difference-in-how-much-money-schools-make-off-of-college-sports-is-jarring-and-it-is-the-biggest-obstacle-to-paying-athletes.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.businessinsider.com/ncaa-schools-college-sports-revenue-2016-10&h=600&w=800&tbnid=LKqznQ3scbTibM:&tbnh=158&tbnw=211&usg=__s79ldi8w7r80WBS6G5yYbUd7aeY%3D&vet=10ahUKEwickNXGjp7YAhUj0oMKHU3YBugQ9QEILTAA..i&docid=WZspURd77H-KzM&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwickNXGjp7YAhUj0oMKHU3YBugQ9QEILTAA

So to bring this back, yes the Athletes can get jobs.  But they do not need additional pay.
Texas makes $103,814,684 off of football alone. Imagine how much they make if you add in sponsors/and the other sports

brett05

Reaction score
Savage said:
Texas makes $103,814,684 off of football alone. Imagine how much they make if you add in sponsors/and the other sports
They make $180 million.  And that's tiny compared to the interest they make on the education dollars donated to them each year.  Or the over $2 billion in tuition they collect each year.  Yeah, not a lot of money.  Sorry.

brett05

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
So if an athlete does everything that every average college student does, plus has team practices, meetings, and travels for games- how are they supposed to have a job on the side? They not just doing academics. They're doing both academics and athletics. They don't have time for a job.

There should be compensation for the entertainment they provide. This might also help prevent schools breaking the rules to recruit athletes. Not saying it will eliminate those problems, but they'll be reduced.
The student athlete was mentioned by me earlier.  Other athletes could certainly have jobs when the season was not active.

BNC

Reaction score
brett05 said:
Yeah, I never said that, but hey, build that scarecrow up.
No you didn't but if that's not what you were implying then the point you made was completely useless

BNC

Reaction score
brett05 said:
I just graduated in April, it was not that difficult. However if I had a 40 hour a week commitment it may have been quite a bit harder. 

And how is this even relevant to whether or not student athletes should get paid? Nothing you've said here, other than their scholarships, has been relevant

BNC

Reaction score
brett05 said:

LMAO.  "Yea they make $200 Million a year , but look at this even bigger amount of money. Now that $200 Million doesn't seem like that much does it?"

What the fuck is you point? You're looking foolish here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%