BIG BALLER BRAND LEAGUE

BNC

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
I'm not saying they don't get a lot of money from non-athletic sources, but they still get a lot of money from athletic events. Why is that so hard to understand?
It's not difficult to understand, he's just either choosing to ignore it or is incredibly dense

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im going with dense.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I mean - I get what he's saying. Academics draw in tons of financial support - but that's typically for new facilities, new equipment, technology, research funding, etc. It's to get the most out of the students because some of them are going on to accomplish great things, and that university is to prepare them.

But it has nothing to do with college athletes playing a physically violent sport, the NCAA making billions, and then athletes getting suspended or worse because they used their "name" to make a few hundred dollars.

Ya can't compare apples to 6 Cadillac dealerships.

brett05

Reaction score
BNC said:
I just graduated in April, it was not that difficult. However if I had a 40 hour a week commitment it may have been quite a bit harder. 

And how is this even relevant to whether or not student athletes should get paid? Nothing you've said here, other than their scholarships, has been relevant
Who said anything about 40?

brett05

Reaction score
BNC said:
It's not difficult to understand, he's just either choosing to ignore it or is incredibly dense
Was it an accredited college?  Is your degree in somethign liberal arts where logic and math are not needed?

brett05

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
I mean - I get what he's saying. Academics draw in tons of financial support - but that's typically for new facilities, new equipment, technology, research funding, etc. It's to get the most out of the students because some of them are going on to accomplish great things, and that university is to prepare them.

But it has nothing to do with college athletes playing a physically violent sport, the NCAA making billions, and then athletes getting suspended or worse because they used their "name" to make a few hundred dollars.

Ya can't compare apples to 6 Cadillac dealerships.
You shifted the goal posts.

I get it that the NCAA makes the money.  They also have the rules and the colleges under their rule system.  They bring in the money.  The college kids almost certainly can't do that.  Sorry.  They get their pay by getting a free ride.  Paying them would only increase corruption.  And no, I am not exempting the NCAA from that. 

BNC

Reaction score
brett05 said:
Was it an accredited college?  Is your degree in somethign liberal arts where logic and math are not needed?
Degree is in Finance, there's definitely some logic and math involved you condescending douche

brett05

Reaction score
BNC said:
Degree is in Finance, there's definitely some logic and math involved you condescending douche
Yes, you've been so polite.

I am sorry if you are offended, but you keep missing the discussion.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
no brett he understands what youre saying, but youre being an unbelievably dense prick with the inability to understand that if a student athlete is traveling with their teams for games, practicing daily, and taking their required classes in order to be eligible to play their games, the do not have the time to work, period. No employer will hire a kid who cannot provide a stable schedule on normal working hours. Theyd maybe be able to contribute 10 hours a week and sporadic times, while losing all sleep and rest, if they were to get an additional job, and that just doesnt make the pay worthwhile

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%