Status
Not open for further replies.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Wiggins had a great rookie season but #6 is way to early for him, there is about seven guys that are currently better. I think people are confusing what he could be for what he currently is.
Ever since Seth curry went to the Pelicans weve been agreeing way too much

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm just going to be switching my vote to whoever is closet to Kobe anyway 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Y'all are absolutely fucking ridiculous right now, voting against Rose and Kobe. Like Nola saying I'm wrong to vote for Kobe... How am I WRONG??!

From Day 1 of this stupid fucking voting I asked the question of what this voting was about. The answer was WHO ARE YOU TAKING TOMORROW? That is not the same as WHO WAS THE BEST THIS PAST SEASON.

How can you say I'm wrong for voting for Kobe? He was putting up great scoring numbers last year -- it wasn't like he couldn't make a basket at all. Sure his efficiency was not great, but who else had fucking talent on that Lakers team?? Like JJ Redick has CP3, Blake, Jamal Crawford among others to help his team score. Kobe's best teammate was Swaggy P? Carlos Boozer? That's horrendous. He put the team on his back, and played very well until he got injured.

To go out and vote AGAINST Kobe is fucking stupid. If you actually think Redick is the better player, that's different. I'd disagree on that point, but it's somewhat reasonable. But to vote for Wiggins, or Wes Matthews, over KOBE FUCKING BRYANT?? That's just disrespectful.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm going to use curse words and capitalize some words like you, I think it's supposed to help get my point across? Idk, I think that's the point...anywho...

If you're taking any consideration who you would TAKE IN A GAME FUCKING TOMORROW, then maybe...just maybe...YOU SHOULD TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION WHAT THE FUCKING PLAYER HAS NOT DONE IN JUST THE PAST YEAR, but the past two FUCKING YEARS.

If you think Kobe was actually good last season, then none of us can help you. But you've never really cared about anything but raw PPG stats anyway. The fact that he was unbelievable inefficient (a 50% true shooting percentage is well below average, so how bad is his 47%), turned the ball over a lot (4 times a game), and was god awful on the ball defensively last season, and no exaggeration, may have been the worst off ball defending wing, god awful doesn't even do it justice.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I think referencing 2013-14 for Kobe is extremely irrelevant. He clearly rushed back way too early from that Achilles injury

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
I'm going to use curse words and capitalize some words like you, I think it's supposed to help get my point across? Idk, I think that's the point...anywho...

If you're taking any consideration who you would TAKE IN A GAME FUCKING TOMORROW, then maybe...just maybe...YOU SHOULD TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION WHAT THE FUCKING PLAYER HAS NOT DONE IN JUST THE PAST YEAR, but the past two FUCKING YEARS.

If you think Kobe was actually good last season, then none of us can help you. But you've never really cared about anything but raw PPG stats anyway. The fact that he was unbelievable inefficient (a 50% true shooting percentage is well below average, so how bad is his 47%), turned the ball over a lot (4 times a game), and was god awful on the ball defensively last season, and no exaggeration, may have been the worst off ball defending wing, god awful doesn't even do it justice.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I think referencing 2013-14 for Kobe is extremely irrelevant. He clearly rushed back way too early from that Achilles injury
I look at that season as if the guy never even took the court. I was referencing that he has not played good basketball in two seasons.

This is just the way I look at it, obviously there are exceptions but if I'm looking for a guy to help me win a game tomorrow then the first thing I do is look for a guy that was good yesterday.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I just can't take you seriously, at all. You only look at sports through a Moneyball-lens: where advanced statistics are the only thing that matters. You can't just look into advanced stats and make your conclusions from that. You have to look deeper into the overall point:

Yes, Kobe had poor efficiency and high turnover numbers. He was on a talent-less team, where the 2nd best player on the roster (and best once Kobe went down) was a 2nd round rookie. There was nobody he could rely on to score the ball without his help -- this is the fucking team that got the #2 overall pick because they were that bad. Kobe carried his team this past year, and did very well considering. He had games where he scored literally a third of his team's points, because nobody else could score on their own either. And his turnover % of 17% is not that bad considering it was better than Lin's, and is ever-so-slightly better than Tyreke Evans' 16%.

Which even further makes my point that you are just really a troll this entire time. Like, there are 10 people on this list that I would take over Tyreke Evans, who shouldn't even be on this poll since he's a SF but whatever. You voting for Evans clearly just shows your troll-attempt

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My eyes tell me Kobe played like trash too

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Complaining that someone is too stats oriented in sports is like saying someone who works in finance is too money oriented.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
My eyes tell me Kobe played like trash too
I think bosox is blind

And there are probably people here who watch more live basketball then I do, but there is nobody who goes back and watches as much as I do. I've said this a thousand times, but my opinions are formed with my eyes by watching games first and foremost, stats just confirm what my eyes tell me.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Complaining that someone is too stats oriented in sports is like saying someone who works in finance is too money oriented.
Not quite

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
I think bosox is blind

And there are probably people here who watch more live basketball then I do, but there is nobody who goes back and watches as much as I do. I've said this a thousand times, but my opinions are formed with my eyes by watching games first and foremost, stats just confirm what my eyes tell me.
Which should be basic understanding. What occurs translates directly into stats. That's how stats are formed. Players aren't just assigned numbers here.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Further elaborating on why this is wrong: for people who work in finance, money is the end goal
For basketball players: stats are not the end goal, wins/championships are.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
To get those wins you better have some players who put up some damn good numbers

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
To get those wins you better have some players who put up some damn good numbers
The Spurs didn't have a player over 20 points a game last year unless maybe Parker was barely over I can't remember

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Sports are about more than stats and I'm sorry if you can't realize that and this is coming from someone who has written thesis papers on basketball advanced statistics

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Neither did the 76ers, which is why efficieny matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%