2018 NFL Gameday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nick Foles can not lose. What a fucking ride.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
I wonder how BWare feels that the Eagles are better without Wentz playing
Quite honestly, it feels like the team plays with more urgency because they know Foles is limited compared to Carson. It's rather upsetting to watch, to be honest. That being said, Philadelphia's success is Carson's success. If people are truly thinking that there's a debate between the 2, Carson doesn't throw those bad interceptions today. He throws a better ball on the first INT that Smith doesn't get to and likely doesn't even give Jackson a chance at the second INT.

All that being said, their season is effectively over. They are not coming within 10 points of New Orleans at New Orleans. Game might be over at half time.

Especially if Josh Adams can't go. Smallwood will get eaten alive.

But that's that. Hopefully there isn't a real Wentz/Foles debate. Wentz is obviously a better QB. If people want to worry about early-career injuries, I say look how durable Matt Stafford has been after several injury-plagued years. Not worried about Carson being injury prone yet.

Paulius

Reaction score
Took the eagles +6.5 and the under, got that

Then 4th q in play live over 12.5

Got all that but the bears fucking lost

Whoever that kicker is he better not be on the team next year

He had one fucing job

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
That's the trickiest game of all wildcard matchups. I have no idea what to expect.

Kind of surprised the Eagles are getting that many points, though.

Paulius said:
Took the eagles +6.5 and the under, got that

Then 4th q in play live over 12.5

Got all that but the bears fucking lost

Whoever that kicker is he better not be on the team next year

He had one fucing job

In a roundabout way, I kind of gave you the correct answer.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Quite honestly, it feels like the team plays with more urgency because they know Foles is limited compared to Carson. It's rather upsetting to watch, to be honest. That being said, Philadelphia's success is Carson's success. If people are truly thinking that there's a debate between the 2, Carson doesn't throw those bad interceptions today. He throws a better ball on the first INT that Smith doesn't get to and likely doesn't even give Jackson a chance at the second INT.

All that being said, their season is effectively over. They are not coming within 10 points of New Orleans at New Orleans. Game might be over at half time.

Especially if Josh Adams can't go. Smallwood will get eaten alive.

But that's that. Hopefully there isn't a real Wentz/Foles debate. Wentz is obviously a better QB. If people want to worry about early-career injuries, I say look how durable Matt Stafford has been after several injury-plagued years. Not worried about Carson being injury prone yet.
If you asked people in 2001, theyd say the $100M Bledsoe is more talented and an overall better QB than his backup, but that backup just always shows up and wins games

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
To be fair, Bledsoe absolutely was more talented at the time. Brady wasn't what he was from day 1. He developed into it.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
To be fair, Bledsoe absolutely was more talented at the time. Brady wasn't what he was from day 1. He developed into it.
I wouldnt argue that Foles is better than wentz, but Id definitely argue the eagles dont need Wentz and shouldnt pay him top dollar

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I can see Wentz going the Brady route and inking team-friendly contracts or restructuring regularly like Brady/Aikmen. Not concerned about a person of his character quality sabotaging his team's cap future.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ehh, Wentz is a no-doubt franchise QB.  I don't think it matters how the team plays without him, you pay to keep a guy like that 100% of the time.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
I can see Wentz going the Brady route and inking team-friendly contracts or restructuring regularly like Brady/Aikmen. Not concerned about a person of his character quality sabotaging his team's cap future.
hes already had two big injuries in the NFL; hes gonna need that first BIG paycheck

Bradys an 18 year vet with a wife that makes more than him... completely different scenarios lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Deciding you dont want a franchise QB anymore because you've won a few games without him is uh, definitely a take

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
As a Giants fan I would love to see the Eagles not hold onto Wentz 

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My guess still is if they win the chip Foles is retiring. He was super unhappy during his time with the Rams and he doesn't ever want to be in a situation like that again. He's only gonna play for coaches he knows and trusts (Reid, Pederson, Nagy, etc.) and I genuinely think he doesn't care about the money. He's really a unique guy which makes this whole thing super interesting.

Still think they hold on to Wentz though, unless somebody offers a king's ransom (like 4 or 5 firsts).

Thomas-Panda-Saxby

Reaction score
I really dont want to see Foles leave us. He is out Jesus. Wentz deserves one more try, but Foles leaving would suck. Especially if he struggles with another team. That'd be painful.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Wentz deserves multiple more tries lol

Paulius

Reaction score
That kickers FG got tipped

We cant kill him anymore

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I didn't even think about it that with NBC carrying Brooklyn 99 now, Terry Crews could give the intro to the playoff game.

Terry loves football!

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Expecting 2 good games today after the lackluster ones from yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%