2017 NBA Off-Season

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Where he wants to be and where he will be are two different things. It leaves that wiggle room

Every player says they want to be somewhere and then leave.

I hope he does stay

Paulius

Reaction score
Cant believe the hype around Wade to Cleveland lol

People acting like its 2013. Dude was so damn bad last year and especially in the playoffs. Cant believe Cavs seriously going to start him.

Paulius

Reaction score
Derrick Rose will surprise alot of people this season, mark my words

Paulius

Reaction score
buzzy said:

i mean ..
Uhhh... one guy is 28 who finally had the summer to work on his game and not rehab from an injury, who had zero hype, signing for the MIN, not to mention the numbers he put up post all star game in a triangle offense that doesnt suite the PGs

Versus a guy turning 36 in January, who apparently can still be elite on both sides even tho it was clear in last years playoffs that he cant be, getting the starting nod and all this hype like hes still a game changer

Paulius

Reaction score
Chris Paul on Dwyane Wade signing in Cleveland: "I want to beat them bad"

Lmao better be talking about the regular season

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
Uhhh... one guy is 28 who finally had the summer to work on his game and not rehab from an injury, who had zero hype, signing for the MIN, not to mention the numbers he put up post all star game in a triangle offense that doesnt suite the PGs

Versus a guy turning 36 in January, who apparently can still be elite on both sides even tho it was clear in last years playoffs that he cant be, getting the starting nod and all this hype like hes still a game changer
The fact that you think Derrick Rose is anything more than an average rotational backup shows that he clearly has hype, and its all in his name. You're not really trying to tell me that the guy who had an eFG% of 39.2% in spot up FGs (for reference Marcus Smart shot 48.3%) is going to be any any bit good as a starter. I'd like his odds a lot more as a sixth man running the 2nd unit, but he's apparently starting until IT gets back but I'd put money down on DRose getting re-injured before that even happens

Among players who took 2+ spot up shots per game and played in 40+ games, Derrick Rose was the fourth worst in all of the league. Only ones behind him were Andre Roberson, Aaron Gordon, and "Really Horrible Jumper" Rondae Hollis-Jefferson. He's not a good fit next to Lebron AT ALL.

Paulius

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
The fact that you think Derrick Rose is anything more than an average rotational backup shows that he clearly has hype, and its all in his name. You're not really trying to tell me that the guy who had an eFG% of 39.2% in spot up FGs (for reference Marcus Smart shot 48.3%) is going to be any any bit good as a starter. I'd like his odds a lot more as a sixth man running the 2nd unit, but he's apparently starting until IT gets back but I'd put money down on DRose getting re-injured before that even happens

Among players who took 2+ spot up shots per game and played in 40+ games, Derrick Rose was the fourth worst in all of the league. Only ones behind him were Andre Roberson, Aaron Gordon, and "Really Horrible Jumper" Rondae Hollis-Jefferson. He's not a good fit next to Lebron AT ALL.
Youre focusing in too much on what happened on a dysfunctional knicks team who ran a triangle offense that doesnt suite PGs.

I wasnt even neccesaraly saying he should start anyway

He will have a good year, youll see

But the Wade hype is LOL worthy. Backcourt of IT and Wade will absolutely get torched by the Warriors

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What kinda circles are you conversing in that you're seeing Wade hype?

People can be excited to see him and LeBron playing together again, doesn't mean they think he'll have an impact

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
Youre focusing in too much on what happened on a dysfunctional knicks team who ran a triangle offense that doesnt suite PGs.

I wasnt even neccesaraly saying he should start anyway

He will have a good year, youll see

But the Wade hype is LOL worthy. Backcourt of IT and Wade will absolutely get torched by the Warriors
Triangle offense suits spot up shooting though, and Rose was still awful at it. There's a ton of similarities to the triangle and to Lebron's offense because its all about the stars in the midrange and having shooters spread the court. Its not 100% the same but the Cavs offense is the closest non-triangle offense to the triangle in the league.

and yea the cavs backcourt is not good defensively lol. honestly that backcourt might get torched by boston too, because against cleveland we might play bigger often and go kyrie/hayward/morris/horford/baynes to combat TT and put Morris on Lebron (he's our best at trying to stop him). 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
buzzy said:

People can be excited to see him and LeBron playing together again, doesn't mean they think he'll have an impact

Paulius

Reaction score
buzzy said:

Peep Reddit, mfs wilding. Starting him is absolutely hilarious to me at this phase of his career

Someone sent me a clip of Max Kellerman saying wht he said, i thought it was some joke. He legit said when healthy RIGHT NOW, he would take him over klay jimmy harden etc. Also said that was the biggest move along with PG to thunder this offseason

Paulius

Reaction score
Reddit is awful but you get the general idea how people think and its mind boggling

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The general public sucks when it comes to sports. ESPN watchers
No thanks

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I laughed at the tim hardaway deal but im hopeful
Potential mip candidate

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mexi said:
I laughed at the tim hardaway deal but im hopeful
Potential mip candidate
its rodney hood's to lose

although im rooting for AB to get it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%