2017 NBA Off-Season

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
buzzy said:
Legal weed doesn't matter if the league still outlaws it
medical is easy to get and legal in michigan and im yet to hear about a union outfit to allow it.

shoot, i just took my first if the year last month and have at least four more randoms coming

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
I like how the Lebron to LA 2018 rumors are already flying. Dude who started the super teams, currently losing to a better super team, needs a new super team

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
hes never leaving cleveland again. that west coast team article is bs

Paulius

Reaction score
Wouldnt be shocked if he left

#FultzToChi

BNC

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
I like how the Lebron to LA 2018 rumors are already flying. Dude who started the super teams, currently losing to a better super team, needs a new super team
He was on the Celtics?

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
buzzy said:

gotta be fucking kidding me.

Lakers are gonna need a 40 man roster
They said this same shit before 2010

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Delirium said:
They said this same shit before 2010
it was knicks and lakers leading the way before

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Woj said lebron is seriously thinking about the west coast, last year
Its an old report that is back out there

Hes starting to think about life after basketball like scripts and movies, etc
Also has a 30million dollar home here

He's going to live here full time when he's done . Might want to end his career here

BNC

Reaction score
Woj doesn't have access to LeBron though, that's why he hates him

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Woj said lebron is seriously thinking about the west coast, last year
Its an old report that is back out there

Hes starting to think about life after basketball like scripts and movies, etc
Also has a 30million dollar home here

He's going to live here full time when he's done . Might want to end his career here
He doesn't have the balls to play in the Western Conference

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If people keep judging him by his Finals record, his best bet is probably to share a conference with Golden State and San Antonio

Paulius

Reaction score
Hes not leaving because he's chasing a new record

Most final loses ever by a player

Hes close

#FultzToChi

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lebron shaved his head

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nah, hes probably getting hair transplants. Its not razor bald, its just shorter than usual

Did you notice the scars on the back of his head during the playoffs

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Nah, hes probably getting hair transplants. Its not razor bald, its just shorter than usual

Did you notice the scars on the back of his head during the playoffs
its a zero. a lot of guys do that before shaving razor smooth. helps you see how you'd look.

yea. my buddies and i were talking about that. has he always had them? the horizontal one is pretty big on the back if his head

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm about to go on to a semi-long Celtics-related tangent fyi (this is for you paulius)

So I learn new things constantly about the NBA's CBA the more and more I read of it, and today I learned about the Traded Player Exception. If you are over the soft cap but not the hard cap as a non-taxpayer (aka the Celtics), you can receive more salary than you give out. If you trade anywhere from $9.8M to $19.6M in salary in a trade, you can receive $5M more in salary than what you gave out. This puts a whole new spin on my outlook for potentially acquiring Jimmy Butler, since I was previously under impression that it'd need Bradley AND Crowder just to make it work fiscally (all of this is assuming Boston lands a max in FA.

So step 1 here is to create max FA space for, in this scenario, Blake Griffin and his $30.3M salary. After renouncing the rights to all current free agents and the fully non-guaranteed contracts, and signing last year's draft-and-stash players Ante Zizic and Guershon Yabusele, all that needs to be done to create max space is to trade away Terry Rozier and Demetrius Jackson for a 2018 draft pick. So now enters Blake Griffin, and then one minimum salary contract is needed to be signed to the team to be officially over the soft cap.

Next is to acquire in this scenario Jimmy Butler, while not mortgaging the future but being able to compete in 2018. In my opinion, Fultz is still untouchable, unless we're landing Anthony Davis type player. In my hypothesized deal, the Celtics would trade Jae Crowder, Jaylen Brown, Guershon Yabusele, and the 2018 Brooklyn 1st for Jimmy Butler. It's giving value to the Bulls still (a starting replacement for Butler, as well as 2 young studs and Yabusele is a semi-promising prospect. 

Boston now has IT, Bradley, Butler, Griffin, and Horford as its starting 5, while retaining Fultz, Smart, and stashed rookie Ante Zizic. The rest of the team would have to be filled with MLE and veteran contract signings, but its a talented team for sure. Alternatively you can swap Crowder and Yabusele for Bradley and it works financially -- but it has to be done after FA occurs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%