But see this is why you trade for him

What if miami trades for him and he falls in love with the city and riley/spo
The right move would be to trade for him to guarantee it, sure

I would just risk it tho, seems like PG is on the hook already

#FultzToChi

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If a team trades for him and acquires his bird rights and he gets All NBA next year, can that team offer him the super max?

Paulius

Reaction score
I think it has something to do with the team that drafted you only

Not totally sure tho

#FultzToChi

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
buzzy said:
If a team trades for him and acquires his bird rights and he gets All NBA next year, can that team offer him the super max?
No, its only for those who have played their entire career for one team. Moment he gets traded, the most he can get is $179,220,000/5yr from that new team, versus $132,870,000/4yr for any other team.

Difference in $930K/yr basically, with the eligibility for another year for the new team. That's why the Super Max was so important, it was an extra $30M lost from that 5 year deal value

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really hope the Raptors aren't prepared to offer Lowry a max at 5 years at 31 years old coming off a season where he hasn't been so healthy... I'd give Ujiri the benefit of the doubt though... I just don't think the team reached the ceiling yet with Ibaka and others, but I don't think the ceiling is that much higher either. I'm not sold on giving Ibaka a long term commitment either. Looks like one or both of those might happen though.

Paulius

Reaction score
A market like Toronto really has no other option imo

You need to throw any money u can at these guys because you dont know the next time you'll get a chance to sing a big FA

Would i max him? Absolutely not, but from looking at it from a business perspective, and Toronto not being a very attractive team to sign with for other all stars, itd be good for Toronto to keep a somewhat competitive team and fill up those seats for another however many years.

If yall go into a rebuild mode, RIP raps for like 10+ years

#FultzToChi

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
No, its only for those who have played their entire career for one team. Moment he gets traded, the most he can get is $179,220,000/5yr from that new team, versus $132,870,000/4yr for any other team.

Difference in $930K/yr basically, with the eligibility for another year for the new team. That's why the Super Max was so important, it was an extra $30M lost from that 5 year deal value
Why is Chris Paul eligible then?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
buzzy said:
Why is Chris Paul eligible then?
He isn't

The supermax is the Derrick Rose rule for the next tier, anyways. It pays those with 7-9 years of experience the 35% max, which is the same dollar amount as the max of those with 10+ years experience (Rose Rule pays the 4-6 years experience guys the 30% cap instead of 25%).

CP3 isn't eligible for the "Super Max" because one he's been traded in his career, and two because he's in his 12th(?) season now. His max with the Clippers is the same monetary value as Hayward's Super Max with Utah (if Hayward had qualified)

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
A market like Toronto really has no other option imo

You need to throw any money u can at these guys because you dont know the next time you'll get a chance to sing a big FA

Would i max him? Absolutely not, but from looking at it from a business perspective, and Toronto not being a very attractive team to sign with for other all stars, itd be good for Toronto to keep a somewhat competitive team and fill up those seats for another however many years.

If yall go into a rebuild mode, RIP raps for like 10+ years

#FultzToChi
I feel like that philosophy is exactly what killed us cause Colangelo used to love going after Euro guys thinking that they were the only dudes who would stay long term. I don't believe in building the team through free agency anyways though. If you're talking bout free agent market, yeah I'd agree our history shows we aren't an attractive destination but then again we've been a bad franchise for a lot of our history. As of late it hasn't been so bad in my eyes. If you're talking market in general than I'd disagree totally because even if we became the worst team in the league there's really no worries of them selling the team like in some other sports cities. I trust Masai though he's the best GM this team has ever had and I can't be ungrateful cause we ain't been this good ever lol. But being in the same state sometimes you want some different.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My sources tell me Brad Stevens will be accepting the Ohio State opening after a disappointing playoff showing in Boston

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
elcheato said:
My sources tell me Brad Stevens will be accepting the Ohio State opening after a disappointing playoff showing in Boston
my sources tell me to tell you to fuck outta here

i'd rather lose markelle than brad

Paulius

Reaction score
“I’ve been working on my 3’s, really trying to add some range to my game,” Howard said. “Which is going to be weird for people to see, I guess. They are used to seeing me in the paint battling. But in order for me to play longer, I have to expand my game. The game is not just back to the basket, get the ball in the post and go to work. It’s more stepping away from the basket, setting screens, popping, shooting 3’s and stuff like that. People haven’t seen me do that. It’s going to be an adjustment for me, but also the fans. I think it’s going to be fun.”

Lmaoo this will be a good one

Who wants to make a bet that he doesnt shoot more than 18% from the 3 next season

#FultzToChi

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It would really help coach bud

BNC

Reaction score
Rios said:
I feel like that philosophy is exactly what killed us cause Colangelo used to love going after Euro guys thinking that they were the only dudes who would stay long term. I don't believe in building the team through free agency anyways though. If you're talking bout free agent market, yeah I'd agree our history shows we aren't an attractive destination but then again we've been a bad franchise for a lot of our history. As of late it hasn't been so bad in my eyes. If you're talking market in general than I'd disagree totally because even if we became the worst team in the league there's really no worries of them selling the team like in some other sports cities. I trust Masai though he's the best GM this team has ever had and I can't be ungrateful cause we ain't been this good ever lol. But being in the same state sometimes you want some different.
I don't understand how Toronto isn't able to attract more free agents, is easily one of the best NBA cities. Top 5 for sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%