2013 Off-Season Thread — Trades, Free Agent Signings & More

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Guid said:
Dreger says Bruins/Stars have a deal in place involving Seguin, Eriksson and more.

Dang
da fuq?

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Seguin, Peverley and Ryan Button for Eriksson, Joe Morrow, Riley Smith and Matt Fraser. Clears up cap space and fills a void at RW, but still a bit shocking.

Lot's of shit being thrown around about Seguin's "off-ice issues". I don't buy it. Not that he doesn't party, but that it was so bad they'd give up on a 21 prospect.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Exactly, I mean Eriksson is a hell of a player, but Seguin has tons of potential.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Makes the Kessel trade look better if the main component was flipped by Boston.

Looks like Bozak may be signing with Calgary. Like I said earlier, Jay Feaster is the only one dumb enough to grant his contract demands

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score

I play in the [expletive] Russian KHL, I make lots of [expletive] points and what's going to happen? He make me [expletive] play on the fourth line and he put me in the playoffs on the fourth line and third line again,"

Don't put me on a [expletive] third line and then [expletive] play me six minutes in a game."

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=426967

Lol. He's got a point.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LeafKiller said:
Makes the Kessel trade look better if the main component was flipped by Boston.

Looks like Bozak may be signing with Calgary. Like I said earlier, Jay Feaster is the only one dumb enough to grant his contract demands
Dumbass GM passed up on Shinkaruk and Fucale lol.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How so? There's still Hamilton and Knight. Plus that main chip became even more pieces.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
The Guid said:
How so? There's still Hamilton and Knight. Plus that main chip became even more pieces.

If you look at it from the original deal, the deal looks much better. Sure Boston has new pieces and such, but we have no control of what you guys do with Seguin. Hamilton has top 4 potential and all, and will reach that, but at the end of the day Kessel is a ppg player. Plus many call Knight a hit or miss.

All I'm saying is that the deal looks better on Toronto now that Boston flipped the main component. 

Oh, and we don't have to deal with those fucking "Thank You Kessel" chants.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm saying, though, that him being traded is irrelevant to the deal. Because if being traded has merit, then Boston still wins. They turned one player into three and then took one of those three and turned him into four. By that logic, Kessel became six players. Too many variables to mess with.

It's whether or not Seguin bounces back. It's easy to say that it looks better after Seguin's off year, but he's still 21. 

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I get what you're saying, but there was a time when the media was claiming that Toronto gave up a franchise centre and a franchise defenseman for a 60 point perimeter player which is obviously not the case (and I know Kessel isn't a franchise player fitting the bill of more of a complimentary player himself). Toronto still got debatably got the best player in the deal, the only reason why Burke gave up so much at the time was because he misevaluated our team, believing just because we signed Mike Komisarek that we were all of a sudden a contender.

As for Seguin, if he gets his off ice shit together, he'll skyrocket. He now longer has to play behind Krejci and Bergeron, and live in their shadows'. Doesn't mean I'll stop hating him though.

I do think Eriksson is a good fit for Boston, their best offensive winger (not to mention he also has plays well in his own end) since no other than Phil.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Honestly, the more I think about it, it doesn't even matter anymore. It's been 4 years and both fanbases are pretty happy.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Exactly. At the time, it turned out to be an overpayment. In the end it doesn't matter because the Leafs got their guy and, for the most part, it's worked out.

Also, if he was even remotely consistent, Horton would have been the best offensive winger since Kessel. When he wants to be, he's a near-perfect blend of power forward and sniper.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Only thing that scares me about this saga is Kessel not re-signing with Bozak more than likely out of town (for those who didn't know, they were butt buddies).

8X8 probably.

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
Seguin is still young ... I bet the Bruins are going to regret this trade in few years

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Almost certainly will, but, with Boston, it's more so about now than 3 or 4 years from now.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wings have had a pretty good day I see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%