2013 Off-Season Thread — Trades, Free Agent Signings & More

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
hahaha less of pussies LOL

na but seriously i'm pretty happy with the draft as well , I'm loving our prospect pool ! One prospect that I'm looking foward to is our last years 2nd rounder Sebastian Collberg , people were comparing him to Alfy !

And your right about BUF ;)

I didn't like the sens job tonight at the draft beside Lazar

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LeafKiller said:
Winners of the draft:

Canadiens, Canucks, and Predators

Losers:
Flames, Oilers, and Canucks
good point

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Is Fucale considered a steal? He went around where he should have, and the only team that should have picked him and passed was Calgary. At this point, though, we shouldn't be surprised with Calgary's ineptness haha

Still a great pick.

Steez

Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't around for the draft discussion, fellas. No internet for a bit yesterday. Buffalo absolutely raped this draft. We got 6 of the Top 75ish prospects, IMO. Zadorov is an absolute savage. Blue line is gonna be nice.

I also liked the Canucks draft. Bo Horvat is gonna be a monster in the league. 

On a side note, I was kinda hoping the Sabres would grab Fucale. I'm not excited at all about Enroth being our starter and I'm not very keen on any of the goalies in our system right now. 

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
The Guid said:
Is Fucale considered a steal? He went around where he should have, and the only team that should have picked him and passed was Calgary. At this point, though, we shouldn't be surprised with Calgary's ineptness haha

Still a great pick.

Well anytime you get a 'franchise type of goalie' at the spot we got him , it should be consider as a steal ...
Many team didn't pick him like CGY for example , they needed a goalie and would regret it in the future if Fucale becomes what we expect him to become !

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
steezo said:
Sorry I wasn't around for the draft discussion, fellas. No internet for a bit yesterday. Buffalo absolutely raped this draft. We got 6 of the Top 75ish prospects, IMO. Zadorov is an absolute savage. Blue line is gonna be nice.

I also liked the Canucks draft. Bo Horvat is gonna be a monster in the league. 

On a side note, I was kinda hoping the Sabres would grab Fucale. I'm not excited at all about Enroth being our starter and I'm not very keen on any of the goalies in our system right now. 

Without any doubt the Sabres killed it yesterday man ! Their D is going to be mad crazy ... but from what I remember Myers hasn't been the same productive dman so hopefully he could bounce back

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
Rumors :
The Oilers called the Penguins to see if they were interested in trading Marc-Andre Fleury and the sense is that he isn’t going anywhere.

The Penguins will likely let Pascal Dupuis go to free agency. They could also move James Neal, who would interest the Senators.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
The Pens grabbed a goalie in the second round who could be pretty decent. They'll probably wait for him to develop.

Steez

Reaction score
Mr.Baller said:

Without any doubt the Sabres killed it yesterday man ! Their D is going to be mad crazy ... but from what I remember Myers hasn't been the same productive dman so hopefully he could bounce back

Yeah, Myers fell off a shit ton. I don't even really like the kid anymore. His work ethic is poor and he's very injury prone. I just don't understand how you go from winning the Calder to playing like absolute shit. If there is still a market for him I'd consider moving him.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LeafKiller said:
Getting Horvat and Shinkaruk was huge.

You didn't get enough for Schnieder.
Exactly why I said good point. How do you go from asking a ransom for Schneids to taking just a 9th overall? Definitely could have gotten more, too bad Gillis is an incompetent GM.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
snipe said:
Exactly why I said good point. How do you go from asking a ransom for Schneids to taking just a 9th overall? Definitely could have gotten more, too bad Gillis is an incompetent GM.
I thought you were being sarcastic lol.

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt if the whole Schneider thing was all Torts. 

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Depietro will be bought out.

Dude played awful in the AHL, but someone will still take a gamble.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bozak contract talks expected to resume today with Leafs. Proposal on the table believed to be 8 years at less than $5 mil per.
Yikes

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Came here to post that. He's done. No team will give him it. Maybe Jay Feaster.

Sucks, I'll love Bozak, but he should be making $3 million tops.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dreger says Bruins/Stars have a deal in place involving Seguin, Eriksson and more.

Dang

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%