2013-14 NFL Playoff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTN2810

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Donald Brown is playing better right now than Ballard would have. Ahmad never played for them iirc. They traded a 1st for Trent. RB losses are insignificant

And are you going to tell me that Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Allen, and Greg Toler was just as big of a loss as Gronk, Wilfork, and Mayo?? Allen would have been a #2 TE, and Toler? I like him a lot, but in NE's system he'd be #5 on the DC, behind Talib, Ryan, Dennard, and Arrington

I did space on those SF injuries, although I never once even heard that Aldon missed time. Totally forgot about Crabtree though

I'm just saying that outside TFB and Mankins, we lost 4 of our best players to the IR.

Last year, we had a starting lineup unit of:

Brady-Ridley-Welker-Lloyd-Gronk-Hernandez-Solder-Mankins-Wendell-Connolly-Vollmer

Ninkovich-Wilfork-Love-Jones-Mayo-Spikes-Hightower-Talib-McCourty-Gregory-Dennard

For next weeks game, 9 of those 22 will not play. Only 5 of those 22 have played all 16 games this year. No team has had to deal with that much this year. That was my point. I get that players get injured often, but outside of GB no team has had to deal with the shit we went through recently. You know how the Chiefs felt on Saturday, when all their guys started getting injured. That has been us all year
Bradshaw did play. But anyways I'm not gonna go into the specific points right now. Yes, the Pats have lost a lot of guys. Brady and Belichick should be MVP and CotY IMO, they were amazing this year. But I don't feel bad for them. Next man up. It sucks to lose guys, but depth is an important part of football. Injuries happen every year. It's just part of the season. Look at all the shit Seattle's secondary went through, and didn't miss a beat. Point is, I will have no sympathy for ANY team, unless it's their starting QB that goes down. All 8 of these QB's are the most important part of the team, and can't be replaced. Other than them, it's up to the team to not let injuries define their season.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Like who has Carolina lost? New Orleans? San Fran?
Kenyon Coleman, Will Smith, Jonathan Vilma, Victor Butler, Parys Haralson, Jabari Greer, Patrick Robinson, AJ Davis, Kenny Vaccaro, Joe Morgan, all key players for the Saints who were put on IR, six of those guys never even played a snap...

Mark Ingram, Darren Sproles, Marques Colston, Lance Moore, Ben Watson, Jahri Evans, Zach Strief, Isa Abdul-Quddus, Rafael Bush, Roman Harper, Malcolm Jenkins, Brodrick Bunkley, Glenn Foster, Tom Johnson, and Tyrunn Walker are all rotational players who missed time during the season.

Injuries suck, but New England isn't the only team that has been hurt by them.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Redskins were fairly healthy almost all season, and they were the laughing stock of the league.  They were one of the most injury riddled teams in the league last year, and won the division.

bizarro world

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
If the world is right come Monday, the Broncos will have lost. Fuck the hype train. Fuck Peyton Manning and his ego. Fuck dink and dunk bullshit football. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
But I thought the Chargers weren't good?

How does Peyton Manning have an ego?

Didn't people used to refer to Tom Brady as a dink-and-dunker?

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/Saints/status/420657464434900992

that'll help.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the logo helps a ton.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
What about the playing conditions? Crowd noise? I'm sorry but what in the .... is a Seahawks logo going to help?

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
WHO-DEY-BENGALS_14_18 said:
What about the playing conditions? Crowd noise?
Irrelevant, the logo is ALL that matters.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz said:
https://twitter.com/Saints/status/420657464434900992

that'll help.
Genius. Now to bring in thousands of Seahawks fans. 

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
If the world is right come Monday, the Broncos will have lost. Fuck the hype train. Fuck Peyton Manning and his ego. Fuck dink and dunk bullshit football. 

What Lmao? i can't anymore bwhahahahah

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I see no problem with being a "dink-and-dunker", which it really isn't actually. The 5-7 yard route patterns are the most efficient in the league, so why not just do that often. Brady still does it too

Look at how many "gunslingers" are in the playoffs right now? Stafford, Cutler... they aren't here. Peyton, Luck, & Tom love the short to intermediate game. Brees & Rivers loves using his TEs and RBs in the passing game for the short and midrange. Cam, Wilson, Kaep use their legs 

Its all about efficiency

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
I've noticed the Giants played better when they were dink and dunking. At least that's how I saw it

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
"Dinking and dunking" is more difficult if anything. Any QB/WR can complete a pass/get open given enough time. To run an efficient slant, back shoulder, or comeback route takes precision and timing from both the QB and WR. Especially these days with DEs and LBs jumping like 12 ft in the air. 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A 7-15 yard out-route is one of the most difficult throws to make.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Not when you have accurate QBs like Brady and Peyton

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The logo is a motivational tactic, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%