2013-14 NFL Playoff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
How is it inexcusable though? Not every game has to live up to your viewing standards. Give credit to the Chargers, they're coming on at the right time and played pretty well.

If the Bengals can't even play with a 9-7 sneak in team who's hot, they don't belong in the playoffs. It's that simple. 

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

If the Bengals can't even play with a 9-7 sneak in team who's hot, they don't belong in the playoffs. It's that simple. 
They are hot, you said it right there

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

aka how the Giants won two Super Bowls.

Doesn't matter what their record is, they came in hot as hell and have beaten the Broncos, Colts, and Chiefs (x2) already this year. Not like this team came out of nowhere.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

Legit lol'd. Not sure if srs

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
The Bolts didn't come out of nowhere, but the Bengals should have at least been able to play with them, but couldn't. Pathetic. 

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
These masks are fucking scary. 

The refs look like ninja mass murderers. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Tropical Depression said:
Niners/Panthers should be a great defensive game.

It was the last time they played. 10-9 I think.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
TE Rob Gronkowski.
RT Sebastian Vollmer.
DT Vince Wilfork.
DT Tommy Kelly
LB Jerod Mayo.

and now LB Brandon Spikes. 

All starters who will be on IR for the Patriots in the playoffs. RB Vereen, LT Solder, WR Amendola, WR Dobson, WR Thompkins, CB Talib, CB Dennard, S Gregory, S McCourty are all starters who have missed games this year due to injury as well.

Can't catch a break

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Name one team with THIS bad of injuries

Like who has Carolina lost? New Orleans? San Fran?

Denver lost Von and Clady. That's it.
Indy lost just Reggie.

We lost 4 pro bowlers. If TFB wasn't the quarterback, we'd be getting Bridgewater this draft

TTN2810

Reaction score
Indly lost just Reggie?!

How about Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Allen, Ahmad Bradshaw, Vick Ballard, Greg Toler.

That's their #1 WR, #1 TE, top 2 RB's, and a starting CB.

Give me a break. Everyone has had injuries. And your talking about injuries during the year too?! San Fran without Crabtree, and Vernon Davis missed games. Not to mention Eric Wright and Carlos Rogers both out AND Aldon Smith was out for a good deal of time. 

Everyone goes through this. No excuses. Hell KC lost the best RB in football the year on their first drive. It's fucking football. No one cares about injuries.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Donald Brown is playing better right now than Ballard would have. Ahmad never played for them iirc. They traded a 1st for Trent. RB losses are insignificant

And are you going to tell me that Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Allen, and Greg Toler was just as big of a loss as Gronk, Wilfork, and Mayo?? Allen would have been a #2 TE, and Toler? I like him a lot, but in NE's system he'd be #5 on the DC, behind Talib, Ryan, Dennard, and Arrington

I did space on those SF injuries, although I never once even heard that Aldon missed time. Totally forgot about Crabtree though

I'm just saying that outside TFB and Mankins, we lost 4 of our best players to the IR.

Last year, we had a starting lineup unit of:

Brady-Ridley-Welker-Lloyd-Gronk-Hernandez-Solder-Mankins-Wendell-Connolly-Vollmer

Ninkovich-Wilfork-Love-Jones-Mayo-Spikes-Hightower-Talib-McCourty-Gregory-Dennard

For next weeks game, 9 of those 22 will not play. Only 5 of those 22 have played all 16 games this year. No team has had to deal with that much this year. That was my point. I get that players get injured often, but outside of GB no team has had to deal with the shit we went through recently. You know how the Chiefs felt on Saturday, when all their guys started getting injured. That has been us all year

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Green Bay lost a lot of guys. Chiefs had all that in one game. Ravens lost a lot of guys this year. Cowboys started like 17 guys on their DL this year. EVERY team has injuries it's pointless to complain about them. Teams put together a 53-man roster and take every spot very seriously to handle situations like that.

You're making excuses before you even lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%