2012 NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've been hearing we might franchise tag him.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
^they are.

And kam, so Mario Williams, the best DE available wont go to TB cuz they like their DEs, but Avril, the next best DE, probably will? dont get your logic there, except for the fact that you are trying to put as many reasons out there why Williams should choose JAX over other places

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
^they are.

And kam, so Mario Williams, the best DE available wont go to TB cuz they like their DEs, but Avril, the next best DE, probably will? dont get your logic there, except for the fact that you are trying to put as many reasons out there why Williams should choose JAX over other places
They aren't forsure franchise tagging him.

& if Jags get first dibs on the visit for Mario, hard to see him turning it down. Its how we get our free agents. We bring em in before anybody, and throw the bank at them and let them see the great city.

Tampa Bay will probably go after 1 or 2 big guys. Wont get both, will spend the rest of their money locking up current players to longer contracts. Isn't going to be like the Eagles was last year with free agency (Signing Everybody).

Don't see Mario + Vjax with them. They'll probably ignore DE and go after WR/CB/FS.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Anyone wanna make any Offseason Predictions? Like these.

Cuts:
Marcus McNeil cut
Casey Hampton cut
Chad Ochocinco cut
Terrence Newman cut
Ben Watson cut
Scott Fujita cut

Trades:
Asante Samual is restructured and traded to New England for 3rd
Osi Umenyiora is traded to Tennessee for a 2nd

Signings:
Matt Flynn signs with Green Bay
Peyton Manning signs with Washington
Chad Henne signs with Denver

Mike Tolbert signs with Dallas

Mike Wallace signs tender with San Francisco(gives up 1st)
Brandon Lloyd signs with New England
Robert Meachem signs with Jacksonville
Mario Manningham signs with Chicago
Chad Ochocinco signs with Buffalo
Laurent Robinson signs with Arizona
Braylon Edwards signs with Dallas

Martellus Bennett signs with Oakland
John Carlson signs with Chicago

Marcus McNeil signs with Chicago
Ben Grubbs signs with Dallas

Jason Jones signs with St. Louis
Casey Hampton signs with Oakland

Mario Williams signs with Houston
Anthony Spencer signs with New YorkJ
Dan Connor signs with New YorkG
Rocky McIntosh signs with Cleveland

Cortland Finnegan signs with St. Louis
Terrence Newman signs with Tennessee
Terrel Thomas signs with Oakland
Carlos Rogers signs with Jacksonville

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
a 3rd for Asante is a steal, although I think he left on bad terms, so a return is doubtful

And while i wouldnt be opposed to signing lloyd, I see no logical reason not to go after Wallace, especially since our pick (via NO) is better than SFs, and we can offer more money than they can. Plus, the Patriots are more likely to make the playoffs and win than the Niners.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Wallace will be a Steeler, they'd tag him before any of their other FAs.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't know if this suppose to be posted here but the Jets beat writer put on twitter that he went by lucas oil stadium today and where there is usually a huge Peyton Manning picture on the stadium has been replaced with the Colts logo. Might be irrelevant but yea lol.

East

Legends Live Forever
Reaction score
Don't know if this suppose to be posted here but the Jets beat writer put on twitter that he went by lucas oil stadium today and where there is usually a huge Peyton Manning picture on the stadium has been replaced with the Colts logo. Might be irrelevant but yea lol.
That is pretty interesting.

I read somewhere today that there is a good chance DeSean Jackson may be a Brown.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That is pretty interesting.

I read somewhere today that there is a good chance DeSean Jackson may be a Brown.
Hopefully we franchise him and trade him to the Browns. We should be able to get a 2nd or a 3rd for him.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
kam, im saying this now so you can't say later "oh no, I told you Bosox you were wrong"

When I said the Jags won't sign a top 5 FA WR, I meant a UFA. The more I'm reading in the Mike Wallace situation, the more it seems Jacksonville is a perfect fit to get that tender.

As of right now, it seems Baltimore (29), New England (31), Cincinatti (21), and SF (30) are the most interested in Wallace. With the 7th overall, I see no reason not to get Wallace; plus you can still sign other FAs too

So yeah, no Top UFAs, but Wallace is a possibility

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hornets took down the big pictures of Chris Paul and Baron Davis on the side of the arena right before those two guys were traded. Like you said, could be irrelevant but it's interesting.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://lockerz.com/s/186232190

lol. and like gerald alexander said its real.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think he's reached the point where it's just too much.

That's probably why he's never healthy. Too much muscle, not enough flexibility.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
INDIANAPOLIS -- The New York Jets have begun the process of creating more salary cap flexibility by restructuring left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson's contract

The team confirmed that the Jets have freed up $7.5 million of cap relief by converting $9 million of Ferguson's $9.985 million 2012 base salary to a signing bonus, a move that was first reported by the New York Daily News.

The Jets, who had less than $500,000 in cap space prior to the move, will spread the cap value of the converted signing bonus over the remaining six years of Ferguson's contract.

The three-time Pro Bowler signed an eight-year, $73.6 million contract signed before the 2010 season.
Thank you Brick.

Hopefully David Harris and/or Mark Sanchez follows suit. I know that Mark made some small change back in December so I'm not sure if they can restructure it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%