2012 NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
But you are the only one saying the Jags have the most FA space... i see the list that Bengals posted everywhere

So basically every NFL source is wrong, kam is right. I finally understand how your mind works now
Ah yes. More Bosox looking like the typical idiot he is.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Closing-the-books-on-2011.html

Cap Room

The new CBA has, for the first time, provided teams a valuable benefit: the ability to carry over remaining Cap room into the following year.

In the past, teams would have to go through the charade of “dummy incentives” in order to bring forward Cap room into the next year. I would usually negotiate with our third-string quarterback in the final week of the season with a bonus of “$10 million for 7 touchdown passes.”

The $10 million would then count on the existing Cap and, when unearned, be credited to the next year’s Cap (although there was a scary moment one year where the player with the bonus, Craig Nall, ended up playing most of the final game due to having clinched our playoff spot!).

Teams no longer need to go through that charade. Thus, teams will have adjusted Caps of much more than the projected 2012 Cap number of around $125 million. A team like the Buccaneers, for example, with $25 million remaining in Cap room, may have an adjusted 2012 Cap of close to $150 million.

The question for the NFLPA is: will teams actually spend all of this Cap room? Keep in mind, there are no team spending minimums until 2013, and teams can “free ride” this year and next.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/New-Year-New-Questions.html

Which teams will have the most Cap room entering into 2012?

Jacksonville, Kansas City and Tampa Bay (Don’t let Jack Del Rio, Todd Haley or Raheem Morris read this:)

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2012/02/nfl-salary-cap-projections-for-2012-season.html

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/2/6/2776166/bengals-projected-to-have-the-most-salary-cap-room-in-2012

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
And the articles I chose were actually within the past 30 days lol

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2012/02/nfl-salary-cap-projections-for-2012-season.html

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/2/6/2776166/bengals-projected-to-have-the-most-salary-cap-room-in-2012
Maybe your not smart enough to read. Projections!

They probably arent adding up the cap space that carries over in 2012.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
And the articles I chose were actually within the past 30 days lol
1 is the same thing Bengals posted, the other is something based off that fucking article. Not 2 separate sources with the same info.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
but yours is the same place, by the same guy....

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Time will tell I suppose when they ever decide to post something on it cause I really have no idea, I do know the Bengals are towards the top though. I'll have to see if someone will respond to me on twitter about it or somethin.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Giants don't have a lot of room but that can all change depending on what happens with guys like Osi & Jacobs.

Regardless, letting those two go I still don't think we'd have enough $$ to get somebody like Beason. And aside form that, Jerry Reese rarely goes big in FA. I was surprised he did a few years ago and we overpaid for Bernard, Canty & Rolle and spent a lot on Boley. Doubt he tries something like that again. He typically builds through the draft, so unless they cut some dead weight they basically have no leverage on Free Agency, and what's left of their CAP will go towards Draft picks.

They've also gotta decide if they wanna TRY to keep Manningham, and Reese expects both Ballard & Beckum to start the season on PUP list, so he's either going to have to sign somebody or draft a player. I actually wouldn't mind drafting a TE in the 2nd round if there's a solid guy there. Not sure what the TE talent in the draft is, though.

iInsulin

Reaction score
Yeah tough situation. Choices are going to need to be made with Osi and Jacobs. We won't overpay Manningham so it will probably come down to how much teams like the Browns and Bears offer him. Loved to have him but he will really need to help us out on a deal since we're going to need to give raises to Nicks and Cruz eventually.

I won't lie last year I was pissed with Reese when I saw teams like the Eagles go on a spending spree and we had to sit on what we had, but never have I been happier to be wrong. I did call how huge the Weatherford signing was going to be though.

TE wise two guys who I don't know anything about, but supposedly could be targeted are Dwayne Allen from Clemson and Coby Fleener from Stanford. Guys who are free agents I know off the top of my head are John Carlson and Greg Olsen.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Giants don't have a lot of room but that can all change depending on what happens with guys like Osi & Jacobs.

Regardless, letting those two go I still don't think we'd have enough $$ to get somebody like Beason. And aside form that, Jerry Reese rarely goes big in FA. I was surprised he did a few years ago and we overpaid for Bernard, Canty & Rolle and spent a lot on Boley. Doubt he tries something like that again. He typically builds through the draft, so unless they cut some dead weight they basically have no leverage on Free Agency, and what's left of their CAP will go towards Draft picks.

They've also gotta decide if they wanna TRY to keep Manningham, and Reese expects both Ballard & Beckum to start the season on PUP list, so he's either going to have to sign somebody or draft a player. I actually wouldn't mind drafting a TE in the 2nd round if there's a solid guy there. Not sure what the TE talent in the draft is, though.
I agree with these statements.

:cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%