2012 NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VC15

Reaction score
TE and OL are the only FA needs for the Giants.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
TE and OL are the only FA needs for the Giants.
I disagree, I think we desperately need an OLB or two. The pass defense was also pretty bad last year another CB would be a smart way to go. But I can see a TE because of the ones that got injured at the Super Bowl and also RT if they cut Mckensie to free up cap space.

VC15

Reaction score
I disagree, I think we desperately need an OLB or two. The pass defense was also pretty bad last year another CB would be a smart way to go. But I can see a TE because of the ones that got injured at the Super Bowl and also RT if they cut Mckensie to free up cap space.
Our defense only needs adequate linebackers, which we certainly have. The defense is entirely based around the front four, that's why Reese never goes hard after LB's.

The defense was bad due to excessive injuries and a bad scheme which didn't change until after the second Redskin gmae. After the second Redskin game, only one team Packers) reached 20 points on the Giants. It's hard to even count them, since both of their TD drives came off extended drives due to bad calls.

The OL and our TE's are average, and that's being nice.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I dont think the OL was average considering that we had a new LG, C, and LT. Well it was changing. Until they moved Diehl back to LT, but my point is that I think they just needed time to gel together and fit the pieces in place for a run which they did. They also didnt allow many sacks which is good, in terms of the running game it couldve been better but I think they will get better next year since Bradshaw will be healthy.

I say go defensive with the draft picks since we have a lot of weapons on offense that are at their peak right now. The defense was very mediocre at best for much of the season, until the end. I agree there were injuries, but I feel that the defense needs to be even better with a good LB you can put in pass coverage.

TTN2810

Reaction score
via Rotoworld

The Cleveland Plain Dealer considers it a foregone conclusion that the Browns will add a veteran receiver through the trade market or free agency. Browns GM Tom Heckert and coach Pat Shurmer both have a history with free agent DeSean Jackson from Philly. Just based on speculative dot-connecting, Jackson could make some sense in Cleveland if the Browns are willing to fork over a high pick and the long-term contract it would take to complete a deal. NFL Network's Jason La Canfora and The Sideline View's Adam Caplan both believe the Eagles will shop Jackson on the trade market after franchise tagging him.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Mark another team out of the Blackmon race.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
When the Browns sign some veteran who is not an impact player, they'll be right back in the running to pick up a receiver in the draft.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Jaguars are suppose to go after Mario Williams.

oJax

Reaction score
I hope the Eagles can manage getting some backers...

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Williams would be perfect with the Jets

Sign Mario, draft Upshaw, proceed to fuck up QBs

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Doubt hes going to want to go to a 3-4 team.
He's never said anything about disliking the 3-4, I know it's not his thing to do a lot of talking though

I don't even know if we'll have the cap space for him. We have $8M at the moment so Tannenbaum and Woody would have to get creative if they want Williams and are going to address other needs.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I think the Jags have a good shot at getting him tho.

Top 5 defense, alot of money.
TB, NE, JAX, CIN, MIA all will be big players for Mario, New England being the least of these 5. I predict TB ( I think they will get VJax and Mario this offseason)

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
TB, NE, JAX, CIN, MIA all will be big players for Mario, New England being the least of these 5. I predict TB ( I think they will get VJax and Mario this offseason)
Why would Tampa get Mario? They like their DE's.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
& Very doubtful that he goes to the pats.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
They have the money, interest, and position for Mario, plus we are winners.

But yeah, I doubt we get him. I doubt we really get any big name defender. Biggest name I'd expect is Tyvon Branch. I'd love to have him in New England

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Why would Tampa get Mario? They like their DE's.
when you have the money, it doesnt hurt to boost the pass rush. The Giants had 3 very dominant DEs, and they won the Super Bowl because of it

Its not like if Tampa signs Mario, they cant sign anyone else. They can afford multiple max deals ($60 mil in cap space). Plus its not like Bowers is all that great yet.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
when you have the money, it doesnt hurt to boost the pass rush. The Giants had 3 very dominant DEs, and they won the Super Bowl because of it

Its not like if Tampa signs Mario, they cant sign anyone else. They can afford multiple max deals ($60 mil in cap space). Plus its not like Bowers is all that great yet.
I honestly think Tampa will get a guy like Avril (Don't think he stays in Detroit, will test the market and go to Tampa, they'll throw the Keys at him.. Plus, hes a florida boy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%