2011 NFL Draft Prospect Thread

Mooche

Reaction score
Polian has also fallen off. Maybe Polian should start hitting on 1st round picks again before talking.
The guy is one of the most respected in the league. Again. Haters gon' hate. He knows how to develop talent.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
The guy is one of the most respected in the league. Again. Haters gon' hate. He knows how to develop talent.
Used* to.

Its not hating.

Gonzo, Jerry Hughes, Marlin Jackson, Tony Ugoh says hello. He's fell off, nowhere near the best GM anymore. Only has "respect" because he drafted Manning. What he did in Buffalo was respected, but you dont just keep respect for what you've done, its a "What have you done for me lately" type of league.

Reaction score
Used* to.

Its not hating.

Gonzo, Jerry Hughes, Marlin Jackson, Tony Ugoh says hello. He's fell off, nowhere near the best GM anymore. Only has "respect" because he drafted Manning. What he did in Buffalo was respected, but you dont just keep respect for what you've done, its a "What have you done for me lately" type of league.
Don't forget what he did in Carolina too, but don't diss my dude Marlin Jackson :(. He was pretty good player for a bit, his knees gave out on him. I do agree with you though bro.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Don't forget what he did in Carolina too, but don't diss my dude Marlin Jackson :(. He was pretty good player for a bit, his knees gave out on him. I do agree with you though bro.
Marlin Jackson was horrible.

Failed CB prospect, so they threw him to Safety, and he got beat out by a 6th round draft pick the next year named Antoine Bethea. He's a bust.

Reaction score
Marlin Jackson was horrible.

Failed CB prospect, so they threw him to Safety, and he got beat out by a 6th round draft pick the next year named Antoine Bethea. He's a bust.
He was a beast in 07, after that he started getting hurt, and then he sucked.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
He was a beast in 07, after that he started getting hurt, and then he sucked.
Meh.

If you wasn't as much of a Michigan fan, you wouldn't think Marlin is as good as you do.

Reaction score
Meh.

If you wasn't as much of a Michigan fan, you wouldn't think Marlin is as good as you do.
Nah he was pretty good, trust me I was a fan of Marlin's, but that don't make a difference. I think Chad Henne is a huge bum, even though I loved the dude in college. Anyways tho, this is a lil off topic. I agree completely with kam here, Polian has been a great GM throughout his career, but nowadays? He has only gotten lucky most of the time with good players, he finds a gem once in a while, but can't draft for dick in the early rounds. He did make a great move last year getting Justin Tryon for a 7th rounder, he played big for the Colts down the stretc.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Nah he was pretty good, trust me I was a fan of Marlin's, but that don't make a difference. I think Chad Henne is a huge bum, even though I loved the dude in college. Anyways tho, this is a lil off topic. I agree completely with kam here, Polian has been a great GM throughout his career, but nowadays? He has only gotten lucky most of the time with good players, he finds a gem once in a while, but can't draft for dick in the early rounds. He did make a great move last year getting Justin Tryon for a 7th rounder, he played big for the Colts down the stretc.
ACTUALLY.

I think Polian is washed up all around.
Hes found Garcon and Collie as of late, Angerer is nice, and I've always liked him. Manning makes Collie and Garcon better than they actually are however.

Reaction score
ACTUALLY.

I think Polian is washed up all around.
Hes found Garcon and Collie as of late, Angerer is nice, and I've always liked him. Manning makes Collie and Garcon better than they actually are however.
Don't forget Jerraud Powers, he's been fantastic for us. Hopefully he stops getting hurt tho...

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Don't forget Jerraud Powers, he's been fantastic for us. Hopefully he stops getting hurt tho...
Yeah, forgot about Powers. I like him, but you still overrate him a tadddd bit :)

Reaction score
Yeah, forgot about Powers. I like him, but you still overrate him a tadddd bit :)
Yeah I know, I just love CBs with All Around game, so I might seem a bit biased at times lol. I just looked at the 07 Draft, and he selected Clint Session. Not a bad pick at all, good starter for the team. At the same time in 08 we selected Phillip Wheeler over a lot of MUCH better options.

OctaneHugo

Reaction score
dunno where the logic of "collie is amazing but garcon sucks peyton makes him better" comes from considering when they both got hurt the colts offense looked lost

as for qb prospects mallett is dan mcgwire. on the flip side that dude from TCU is the next chad pennington, which is to say if he stays healthy whoever has him will be very, very happy.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
dunno where the logic of "collie is amazing but garcon sucks peyton makes him better" comes from considering when they both got hurt the colts offense looked lost

as for qb prospects mallett is dan mcgwire. on the flip side that dude from TCU is the next chad pennington, which is to say if he stays healthy whoever has him will be very, very happy.
You're wrong on all points here.

Manning is one of the greatest QBs of all time, without him, most of the players on that team wouldn't be doing anything. He makes Collie and Garcon, both are decent/good route runners, but after that.. its meh.

Mallett = Jeff George.

Andy Dalton = Colt McCoy. Both smaller guys, been a Winner his whole life. Not big time arms, game time manager type QBs.

Christian Ponder = Better Chad Pennington.

OctaneHugo

Reaction score
read it wrong but i dunno how you can just pass off key players as mediocre but overrated. how come brady hasn't done the same thing to his players? manning can make excellent reads but the receivers still have to make the same reads on coverage to choose correctly on option routes, maintain chemistry with manning, make good cuts, run good routes, and catch the ball. some of the catches garcon has made are amazing, and collie has been incredibly sure-handed as well. if receiver were easy enough that a great QB could make them so much better, what's the deal with guys like rodgers and brees? who are they making exponentially better?

by the way, comparing a prospect to another prospect is pretty, uh, dumb i guess? what does it mean to compare a dude to colt mccoy? they're both prospects, mccoy's fate has yet to be determined.

btw, i'd rate dalton higher than ponder. and saying someone will be better than chad pennington is pretty hardcore since pennington is tops on all-time completion percentage, and he's been through tons of injuries. if he was healthy we'd be talking hall of fame.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
read it wrong but i dunno how you can just pass off key players as mediocre but overrated. how come brady hasn't done the same thing to his players? manning can make excellent reads but the receivers still have to make the same reads on coverage to choose correctly on option routes, maintain chemistry with manning, make good cuts, run good routes, and catch the ball. some of the catches garcon has made are amazing, and collie has been incredibly sure-handed as well. if receiver were easy enough that a great QB could make them so much better, what's the deal with guys like rodgers and brees? who are they making exponentially better?

by the way, comparing a prospect to another prospect is pretty, uh, dumb i guess? what does it mean to compare a dude to colt mccoy? they're both prospects, mccoy's fate has yet to be determined.

btw, i'd rate dalton higher than ponder. and saying someone will be better than chad pennington is pretty hardcore since pennington is tops on all-time completion percentage, and he's been through tons of injuries. if he was healthy we'd be talking hall of fame.
Brady has did the same thing for players.

David Givens
David Patten
Deion Branch (Was meh in Seattle, and has been MEH until he got back with brady)
Bethel Johnson
ETC

Brady even made Moss look like the best WR in the league coming out of shitty years in Oakland.
Wes Welker was simply a Slot WR/4th string WR in Miami, Undrafted, Brady is doing is thing with him now.

Also.

Colt is NOT a prospect, hes in the league. What he does from here out is him. Coming out of college, Andy Dalton is the same player Colt McCoy was/is. You dont have to be retired to be compared to a player.
SMH.

Also, Brees makes all his WRs good. Rodgers has good receivers.

Reaction score
Brady has did the same thing for players.

David Givens
David Patten
Deion Branch (Was meh in Seattle, and has been MEH until he got back with brady)
Bethel Johnson
ETC

Brady even made Moss look like the best WR in the league coming out of shitty years in Oakland.
Wes Welker was simply a Slot WR/4th string WR in Miami, Undrafted, Brady is doing is thing with him now.

Also.

Colt is NOT a prospect, hes in the league. What he does from here out is him. Coming out of college, Andy Dalton is the same player Colt McCoy was/is. You dont have to be retired to be compared to a player.
SMH.

Also, Brees makes all his WRs good. Rodgers has good receivers.
Gotta give credit to Moss tho, he was unstoppable in 07. Easily the best receiver in the league that year imo.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Gotta give credit to Moss tho, he was unstoppable in 07. Easily the best receiver in the league that year imo.
Gotta give credit to Brady though, 50+ TDs.
He WAS unstoppable in 2007.

Moss is talented, but it isnt anything without a good QB.

Reaction score
Gotta give credit to Brady though, 50+ TDs.
He WAS unstoppable in 2007.

Moss is talented, but it isnt anything without a good QB.
They both were, he was amazing that year. Easily a Top 3 season of all time for a QB.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
Okay so I have a list of my top 10 players that I think the Vikings should take

1 Tyron Smith
2 Prince Amukamarah
3 Robert Quinn/Aldon Smith

MY FIRST 3 ARE MY BIG ONES

4 Ryan Mallett
5 Colin Kaep
6 Bowers
7 Christian Ponder
8 Blaine Gabbert
9 Cameron Jordan
10 Jimmy Smith

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%