2011 NFL Draft Prospect Thread

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
It's just his character.
Everyone knows he has top 10-15 talent. He's not just tall with a strong arm.
No, it has nothing to do with his character. Thats an issue as well, but.

He has bad accuracy, not as bad as locker, but still.
Slow in the pocket.
Bad footwork.
Seems to not have a good work ethic

He is just tall with a strong arm.

Hes not getting comparisons to Jamarcus Russell or Byron Leftwich for nothing.

TTN2810

Reaction score
LMAO.
He has the best footwork in the class other than Ponder. That is known by everyone who has watched him in tape and at the combine.
When the pocket is clear, he is very accurate, and is very under-rated in pressure. I've read a lot of analysts who agree with me on that. He can stand in there and deliver. And sure he's slow in the pocket, but he moves well and steps up. A non issue again if you have watched him. Ben Roethlisberger is very slow and moves very well. Mallett won't take off like Berger, but moving in the pocket they are similar. And "seems" to have a bad work ethic? Seems? Please. No proof at all on that.

Now his character is a huge question. He does seem like a jerk. I know that. I could care less if he rubs team mates the wrong way. As long as he doesn't get in trouble off the field, it's a non issue. And even if he changes a little bit, and matures a little bit, he's a steal.

I know he's probably the riskiest player in the draft. But I would take the risk in the mid-late first.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
LMAO.
He has the best footwork in the class other than Ponder. That is known by everyone who has watched him in tape and at the combine.
When the pocket is clear, he is very accurate, and is very under-rated in pressure. I've read a lot of analysts who agree with me on that. He can stand in there and deliver. And sure he's slow in the pocket, but he moves well and steps up. A non issue again if you have watched him. Ben Roethlisberger is very slow and moves very well. Mallett won't take off like Berger, but moving in the pocket they are similar. And "seems" to have a bad work ethic? Seems? Please. No proof at all on that.

Now his character is a huge question. He does seem like a jerk. I know that. I could care less if he rubs team mates the wrong way. As long as he doesn't get in trouble off the field, it's a non issue. And even if he changes a little bit, and matures a little bit, he's a steal.

I know he's probably the riskiest player in the draft. But I would take the risk in the mid-late first.
Theres just about 5/6 other QBS Id rather have than Mallett. I hope he proves me wrong, even Marino had the same exact situation happen to him when he came out. At this point, i wouldn't risk a 1st on Mallett.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Fair enough. I respect your opinion.

If you want some proof that he can move a little bit, check out 2:34 of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OurYaWeYlQw

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Fair enough. I respect your opinion.

If you want some proof that he can move a little bit, check out 2:34 of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OurYaWeYlQw
That still doesnt mean anything.

Theres the same exact plays Leftwich did like that, was still horrible in the pocket.

Mallett was getting killed for his pocket presence on the Gruden thing, but then he blamed it on the Oline, which is another negative. When Clausen did it, he got shot for it.. Nobody says anything when Mallett does it though.

TTN2810

Reaction score
That's not the only play though. He can step up from the pressure and put the ball on a rope 40 yards down the field.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
That's not the only play though. He can step up from the pressure and put the ball on a rope 40 yards down the field.
Theres also plays that show Locker doesn't have that bad of accuracy, but he actually does.

Theres some photos that make fat girls look like they aren't, but they are.

TTN2810

Reaction score
It's not a one time thing. He can do it consistently. I've seen it.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
It's not a one time thing. He can do it consistently. I've seen it.
Never said it was a one time thing.

Theres guys that dress as females, and look like females, but at the end of the day.. its still a guy.

TTN2810

Reaction score
And there are females, that dress like females, look like females and are females.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Ahah I get that.

On a side note, it pains me to hear Nick Fairley talk.
He sounds like he's talking through a muffled tube. Worse than Chris Johnson lol.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Ahah I get that.

On a side note, it pains me to hear Nick Fairley talk.
He sounds like he's talking through a muffled tube. Worse than Chris Johnson lol.
Dumbest players I've heard.

Chris Johnson
CJ Spiller
Nick Fairley

in no order.

Mooche

Reaction score
I'd consider Kap around the 5 range. Because Locker is pretty overrated. I just like something about him, but... Polian even said:

Colts president Bill Polian does not believe that passing accuracy can be fixed at the NFL level.
Explained Polian, "I asked our staff recently, 'Does anyone here think you can teach accuracy?' The answer was no." Polian is a future Hall of Famer and one of the most respected executives in NFL history. His opinion is not a good omen for Jake Locker's future at the next level. Locker owns a Kyle Boller-esque 53.9 college completion rate. Apr 19, 8:00 PM
Source: SI.com

Mooche

Reaction score
And that's fine, lol. It's just I like to trust Bill Polian's opinion, a guy who has been doing it for such a long time, over some guys on the internet. Personally.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
And that's fine, lol. It's just I like to trust Bill Polian's opinion, a guy who has been doing it for such a long time, over some guys on the internet. Personally.
Polian has also fallen off. Maybe Polian should start hitting on 1st round picks again before talking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%