2011-2012 MLB Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm glad Detroit has done absolutely nothing.
Aaron Hill just resigned with Arizona.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From MLBTR
Tigers Interested In Martin Prado
By Tim Dierkes [November 14, 2011 at 2:37pm CST]
The Tigers are interested in Braves infielder/left fielder Martin Prado, reports Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. The free agent market for potential second basemen has moved quickly, with Aaron Hill and Jamey Carroll off the board and Mark Ellis close to a deal with the Dodgers. Morosi adds that the Tigers are willing to trade left fielder Delmon Young for the right second baseman, but it's not known whether the Braves are interested.

Prado has also drawn interest from the Rockies and other teams. The 28-year-old had a disappointing offensive year in 2011, spending most of his time in left field for the Braves after they acquired second baseman Dan Uggla. MLBTR projects Prado to earn about $4.4MM in arbitration in 2012, and freeing up that salary would add to the Braves' flexibility. Prado will continue to be under team control for the 2013 season.

Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski said Friday on MLB Network Radio to host Jim Bowden, "We're not going to non-tender Delmon Young. I mean, that's just not going to happen." Young, 26, hit .274/.298/.458 in 178 plate appearances for the Tigers after coming over in an August trade, adding five postseason home runs. With a projected $6.3MM salary, Young was thought to be a non-tender candidate for the Twins but is currently penciled in as the Tigers' left fielder for 2012. I think Prado would be generally regarded as more valuable than Young
Get it done Dave.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
8/160 holy shit
but i dont care. hate all you want :D

and the dodgers signed Mark Ellis, 2 yr/8.75 lol

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
8/160 is a fair deal for a 27 year old superstar.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i sure hope so

i wish it was 5 or 6, but if we get a new owner with deep pockets, no sweat

im happy
i was getting worried about kemp. dodgers havent had a prime superstar for an extended period of time in years.

and next year the angels, yanks, cubs, maybe red sox would have all probably been bidders

not a hometown discount so before everyone cries about the deal, it's exactly what he would have got on the market

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
O's are bringing back the cartoon hat

going to be announced tomorrow

preview

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How fucking dope haha.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lonnie Chisenhall and 2 other prospects for David Wright. Indians/Mets need to do that.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
The Mets are bringing in the fences and bringing back Banner Day and some vintage uniforms, so it’s only appropriate that Andy Martino of the New York Daily News hears that they are also considering a reunion with fan favorite Endy Chavez.

Chavez is remembered fondly for his time with the Mets, including an iconic leaping catch in Game 7 of the 2006 NLCS against the Cardinals, but this wouldn’t just be some novelty act.

The 33-year-old outfielder batted .301/.323/.426 with five home runs, 27 RBI, 10 stolen bases and a .749 OPS over 274 plate appearances with the Rangers this season. He is still regarded as an above-average defender, so he would make plenty of sense as a fourth outfielder.

This may very well happen, but it doesn’t sound like an agreement is imminent, as Martino notes that the Mets have only had informal and preliminary talks with Chavez’s agent Peter Greenberg. By the way, Greenberg is also the agent for Jose Reyes. Sore subject, I know.
-NBC Sports

Still love the guy. Great 4th outfielder and it's always nice to have a reliable speedy guy on the bench late in a game.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Absolutely love the new jerseys. Glad that they finally got rid of the black jerseys lol.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Zambrano actually pitched good yesterday, and then got hit in the face with a line drive..

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Joe Nathan just got a 2 year 14 million dollar deal.. (rangers)

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Talk about overpaying a reliever way past his prime...

This has to solidify Neftali's move to the rotation though right? Don't think they'd be giving him $7M to be a 7th inning guy since Mike Adams has that set-up spot on lock. I'm guessing Adams becomes the closer, Nathan's the set-up man, and Feliz replaces CJ in the rotation assuming he signs elsewhere.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, they're moving Feliz to the rotation.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Really hate the idea of bringing up stud young pitchers, using them as relievers in their first few seasons then moving them to the rotation.

I'm sure you can all figure out why.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well it worked for them with CJ Wilson and Ogondo.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Well it worked for them with CJ Wilson and Ogondo.
Neither of them were stud pitching prospects.

Pitching in the bullpen just changes so much of what made them highly regarded SP prospects. They eliminate pitches from their arsenal that they no longer need in the bullpen and train themselves to basically go all out on every pitch because they're not saving themselves for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%