• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
Should be another very competitive year between the Falcons, Saints, and Bucs, I gotta go with the Saints though.

VC15

Reaction score
The Saints will run away with this division.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
This will definitely be quite the battle with this division, I'm going to go with the upset and take the Buccaneers.

Buffalo

Reaction score
It was close for me on this one, but went Falcons for some reason

VC15

Reaction score
If the Bucs win the NFC South, that means Drew Brees ended up on IR.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd love to see the Falcons have some bizarre bad year, but I see them winning the division.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't see how its a terrible choice. I personally think the Bucs will be the best in the NFC south.
Lol it was kind of sarcastic. I don't think Tampa will win the South (it'll be the Saints or Falcons) but they are a very young and talented team, so anything is possible.

Also let me say this, speaking of the Saints-Falcons. Michael Turner has not had much success against the Saints. Aside from one game, his numbers are very average (I believe every game he has been under 4 YPC). Now the Saints added the big body of Shaun Rogers in the middle, but the bigger pickup is Aubrayo Franklin who will play a huge role in improving the Saints defense. Atlanta being a run first team, and the Saints adding so many guys who are good against the run (Franklin, Rogers, Cam Jordan) how will Atlanta have any consistent success running the football against us?

I think it is pretty obvious that we've built our DL this season to stop Atlanta's rushing attack, which like I mentioned has not really had much success against the Saints to being with. No run success, means you put a ton of pressure on Matt Ryan.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Im going with the Falcons, Julio Jones will be a big addition to the team. Matt Ryan will take a big step forward this season.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Went with Atlanta. I think Matt Ryan continues to improve and I love the weapons they have on offense. Roddy, Julio, Tony Gonazlez, and Michael Turner are all going to have big impacts.

I liked the Ray Edwards signing too, I think they overpaid but I still think he's a good player.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Went with Atlanta. I think Matt Ryan continues to improve and I love the weapons they have on offense. Roddy, Julio, Tony Gonazlez, and Michael Turner are all going to have big impacts.

I liked the Ray Edwards signing too, I think they overpaid but I still think he's a good player.
I was actually surprised what they got him for. When Johnson signed that contract with Carolina I thought that would inflate the entire market.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
New Orleans is an elite team with no real weaknesses, can't see them losing to the Falcons in the division race. The Falcons will regress this year, they are way too flukey at home. Michael Turner is almost guaranteed to be injured for some part of this season, given his abnormally large carry total. Their back 7 isn't very good, and their DTs stink too.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
New Orleans is an elite team with no real weaknesses, can't see them losing to the Falcons in the division race. The Falcons will regress this year, they are way too flukey at home. Michael Turner is almost guaranteed to be injured for some part of this season, given his abnormally large carry total. Their back 7 isn't very good, and their DTs stink too.
no real weaknesses? I disagree

and the Falcons have been trying to take the load off of Turner. With Norwood back and the signing of Rodgers, I think that will definitely take some of the pressure off of him
Everyone said we'd lose the division last year as well, and look
But I honestly can't be certain with the unpredictability of the NFC South, and If someone were to say the Bucs will win the division, I wouldn't be surprised with that happening either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%